Halo 5 Achilles Progress build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prrrobably shouldn't be double posting, but just for anyone that might read this once I've posted it- I'm considering modifying sandals so I can walk practically with just a undersuit much like the tech undersuits spartan IV's wear. Probably sounds stupid, but it ain't stupid if it works right? It also makes things easier if we're talking about scaling, wouldn't have to consider the shoes id be wearing. Let me know what you guys think!

Paint- primer is ok in my experience. Just follow the directions. I use multiple coats from multiple angles, but that's just good paint practice.

EDIT: It would be totally awesome if your shoes were built INSIDE the undersuit so it was all one unit... that's a great idea!

It honestly would be, though I am kind of visioning it much like a shoe... but just the soles itself. Just want it as a means to not get my morphsuit dirty, as I'll probably use it even for other special events.
Forgot to mention also that I planned to use magnets to connect the chest piece and the back also! Anybody knows how to glue the magnets to the pieces...? This is probably another simple question, but I'd like to know what other people did to connect their chest and back together! Don't imagine myself getting inside of it like a turtle shell.

Last edited:
After a good workout in the morning, I decided to check the Walmart nearby for sandals. I realized that some of these cheap sandals are just foam priced at a dollar. I'm thinking maybe using EVA foam instead, but I'm not sure if the bottom of EVA foam would work as a alternative to the bottom of the soles! If that's not possible, I got an old pair of sandals i could use instead, though it isn't black...

Ok, I finally have it scaled now. Some parts seem big but are in scale and will be adjusted later. The shoes might make the foot look a bit longer, so I'll cut a hole inside as it is hollow to maximize space for the foot to fit in. I'll update as time progresses and get the pattern out and whenever I'll need the help again.

Upscaling the armor resulted in gaps.
Back to cleaning edges...
Edit: Far more easier though- I'll admit that

Alright! Looks like I might not make it in time, given that I'm still cleaning edges
BUT, I have most of the pieces ready to be made into patterns, especially the helmet, gloves, and shoes. I recently ordered neoprene rubber for the soles of the made up shoes, and will be making sandals pretty much :b

As such, ill be trying to make the helmet gloves and shoes, and maybe even the forearms if I have any extra time. Not gonna be a complete cosplay, but hey- it's still worth something!
My progress on this armor won't end, trust me. Although I was wishing to complete it all in one go for this event, it has taught me in other ways I didn't think of. Knowing how to use blender, learning all the other steps to do the armor- it's interesting and great to invest into something I love. Again, I am probably thinking too ahead of myself, but after this armor is completely finished, I have more ideas on the way.
Once HOD is over, I will continue and show progress. Just know it might take awhile, since I'll be attending my senior year in high school.

Been a long while since I've been here! Sorry to any who were hoping to see it back at Outpost. Life has been taking it's course, and so far I have most of the pepakura files organized to have an easy cutting and gluing process; all I need to do now is organize the flaps into order, and work on the last two big pieces, those being the thighs and torso.

Originally I intended to do the armor for this Halloween but school says otherwise , so I intend to do maybe something small but worth doing- the helmet. No promises though.
Hope to talk to you guys soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back