Halo 5 Guardians Weapons For 3D Print

Discussion in 'Halo 3D Modeling' started by Mflanny34, Jan 6, 2015.

1. tac2002

tac2002

SORRY MY BAD... i just thought i'd ask, and yes i have gone through everything..this was a last resort, all pics I've seen are on the side view of a dmr, even watching game plays on youtube was not help full...

ONCE AGAIN SORRY :facepalm

2. Mflanny34

Mflanny34 Member

No problem, PM me your email and ill send the zillions of them I have

3. tac2002

tac2002

pm sent

4. anhtrung

anhtrung

It's awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Mflanny34

Mflanny34 Member

Br is done, ill do hd renders of it sometime this week. Ialso made the halo 5 ar attachment ready as seen in the pre order versions, and I made the smg long barrell. Check back soon !!

vshore100 likes this.
  6. Mflanny34

Mflanny34 Member

Halo 5 BR is done! Also here are some quick pics of halo 5 attachments and how they will work on my guns. All scopes and rails will be compatible as in-game. Here is the BR red dot on the AR, and the SMG long barrel pre-order bonus.
    H5BR3_zpsyemzevbb.png
    H5BR4_zpsc2kempxo.png
    H5BR1_zpsxnivpmdi.png
    H5BR2_zpsm8bnnqmm.png
    sdghjhgggh_zpsqet6hu8d.jpg
    sdcfgjmkjkmhjhj_zpsev6d64co.jpg
    sdfghjhgfhjjhj_zps8km0sut0.jpg

Attached Files:

vshore100 likes this.
  7. vshore100

vshore100

Amazing work as always Mikey!!!

8. Mflanny34

Mflanny34 Member

9. Chernobyl

Chernobyl

I'm very surprised that you printed the barrel - at that length I'd suspect there'll be some sagging when you've assembled it. Do you not have plans to strengthen the barrel, or replace it with a stronger material?

10. Mflanny34

Mflanny34 Member

It was ina bunch of sections, didn't seem to sag. Even still ill stick a steel rod through the majority of the barrell just in case :)

11. FirstPick

FirstPick

Awesome

12. nickSEESall13

nickSEESall13 New Member

I will definitely buy that! (but seriously if you want to I would buy a complete version.)

13. Chernobyl

Chernobyl

Seems fair. I don't pretend to assume that everyone who wants to make these sorts of weapons has access to their own lathe to turn their barrels to specification, I'm just surprised to see that the main length was 3D printed and wondered about the structural implications.

It's still an extremely nice build.

14. elusch99

elusch99 Jr Member

I want that sniper rifle. I REALLY want that sniper rifle.

Everything looks stunning, as usual.

15. Bogleo

Bogleo New Member

Awesome work! :)

Would you mind sharing what software you use for rendering?

16. Mflanny34

Mflanny34 Member

I use Autodesk VRED for rendering. Here is a shot of all the sniper parts except the pins. Also I started working on the shotty.
    11850947_10203248894942862_865575200_n_zpsjy0aoiga.jpg
    m296shtty_edited-1_zpshfgtprrb.png
    Image_zps6udjubgu.jpg

Attached Files:

17. Chernobyl

Chernobyl

That is an extremely nice job on the Sniper Rifle. Colour me dead impressed.

If you do ever offer kit casts, what would your pricing plan be? Purely out of curiosity.

18. Meatwad

Meatwad Jr Member

That sniper rifle is strait up sexy. Nice work man!

19. Mflanny34

Mflanny34 Member

Not really sure man....with the amount of people that would need to preorder to fund it im not sure it would be cover-able. It would take over 2k to cast that bad boy, and with the very low sales of the Halo 4 AR, who knows if it would be bought by more than a few people.

20. Chernobyl

Chernobyl

That's understandable. Even so, that is an extremely nice weapon, regardless of whether or not it's ever replicated.

21. elusch99

elusch99 Jr Member

I'll say it again: That is a REALLY nice sniper rifle. I'd be interested in a cast, or I would if I had money.

22. HKurtyka

HKurtyka New Member

Just a thought, if you can't cast it, why not sell the file for others to 3D print, now obviously you get the risk associated with people casting the 3D print and then profiting off of said casts or passing/reselling the file. But if you price it right, you might be able to dissuade the likes who would try to do such things.

EDIT: I personally am not interested in printing a Halo 5 sniper rifle, I just had this idea when you said you wouldn't in all likelihood be casting it. Don't want to give you the wrong opinion that I'm desperately after your 3D files

23. Chernobyl

Chernobyl

I believe it's been mentioned previously that any of these files will be distributed, for the explicit reason of preventing profiteering from them. Which, personally, I don't mind; I'm rather happy with either finding a cast, or constructing my own.

24. HKurtyka

HKurtyka New Member

Oh, I didn't know that, I havn't followed this thread too closely, I just remembered someone early on asking for the files and getting told he's not sharing them out, so I assumed that decision still stood. Thanks for clarifying.
    placed

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2017
  25. Mflanny34

Mflanny34 Member

As a good follow up to that fun stuff above......sniper prints are now availible!

IMG_20150815_192336652_zpscfngchwl.jpg
    Finally, 3D printed kits of my H5 Sniper are up for sale. Price is a fixed $500 USD + shipping (this thing is a beast!). Lead time is currently 3 weeks. Modeled by me, Michael Flanagan:https://www.facebook.com/irishcowboyprops
    and printed by the amazing Adam Leach!
    Kits come raw and ready for clean-up. I recommend filler primer and putty, there really is not much to clean up on these!
    Sniper is over 5 feet in length, yet weighs under 25lbs! Sniper has removable clip, real sized round, functional bipod, trigger, and bolt. (instructions on how to make these function will be posted on my page soon).
    Please pm my page for questions, sales, modeling commissions, etc. H5 SMG kits on there way next!
    IMG_20150816_140451303_zpspi6dh3wl.jpg

also work on the Halo 5 shotty continues :)
    dfghjgfds_zpsr14ag0bc.jpg

IMG_20150815_192336652_zpscfngchwl.jpg

IMG_20150816_140451303_zpspi6dh3wl.jpg

dfghjgfds_zpsr14ag0bc.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2017