Halo 5 Interceptor Armour

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, here we go - except for some minor issues which need seeing to, my armour is done. I added a Magnum and combat knife. I’ll try and do better photos at some stage.
6D56F052-707C-4FC1-B3E9-9EE90C04F662.jpeg

C32B3BB6-C611-4860-BB78-E438C46C5FBF.jpeg

Feels like not a great place for a holster. Looks cool though. Was that a personal choice or is there some lore/canon reason for that placement?

looks AMAZING dude!!!!!! It's clearly not your first rodeo. Your foam work is so clean and the paint job is on point. Everything about this suit is just amazing! You're a very skilled foam smith and it really shows in your work on this armour. just... awesome!!

looks AMAZING dude!!!!!! It's clearly not your first rodeo. Your foam work is so clean and the paint job is on point. Everything about this suit is just amazing! You're a very skilled foam smith and it really shows in your work on this armour. just... awesome!!
Thank you! Actually I've only made one suit before, the main thing this time was I took my time and worked very slowly and carefully. And having the right tools (a dremel with snake attachment is a game changer). In real life the helmet has some annoying issues (including being almost too small for my head!) so I'm probably going to do a Scout helmet next as an alternate option. I'll also be moving the pistol to my hip with a better belt strap system and making the pistol fit better in the holster.

Thank you! Actually I've only made one suit before, the main thing this time was I took my time and worked very slowly and carefully. And having the right tools (a dremel with snake attachment is a game changer). In real life the helmet has some annoying issues (including being almost too small for my head!) so I'm probably going to do a Scout helmet next as an alternate option. I'll also be moving the pistol to my hip with a better belt strap system and making the pistol fit better in the holster.
Ok serious question. Is that first picture of the armour in the rain you suit or a render? I think the rain was added later, but I seriously can't tell if that's a real picture.

In my other comment I was going to complement your suit in that first picture, but I took another look at it and second guessed if was even real. Now that I'm looking at it again, it could be the real thing. You just did such a great job on the suit I can't tell if it's even real lol

Ok serious question. Is that first picture of the armour in the rain you suit or a render? I think the rain was added later, but I seriously can't tell if that's a real picture.

In my other comment I was going to complement your suit in that first picture, but I took another look at it and second guessed if was even real. Now that I'm looking at it again, it could be the real thing. You just did such a great job on the suit I can't tell if it's even real lol
I was thinking the same thing. It's very hard to tell, but that just means it was very well done.

Agreed with N8TEBB it looks as if it were pulled right out of the game! Fantastic job! Regarding the holster, could you do recessed magnets on the armor and pistol to attach to your thigh? Similar placement to a drop leg holster?

It's the real suit, taken in the garden. I replaced the background and added the rain, and adjusted the colours etc to get a more film-type look. Glad you like it!

Agreed with N8TEBB it looks as if it were pulled right out of the game! Fantastic job! Regarding the holster, could you do recessed magnets on the armor and pistol to attach to your thigh? Similar placement to a drop leg holster?
Thanks. It took so long to make it and I read a lot of accounts of pistols getting knocked off the armour when magnetised. It's not something I have any experience with so I opted for a holster. I liked the idea, at least for now, that I can reposition the weapon without damaging the armour; I did the same with the knife, it's just strapped to the shoulder. What I did initially didn't work; the holster moves around and the pistol falls slightly. I've fixed the holster itself to be more snug. I've also decided to replaced the clips/elastic I use to keep the abdomen in place with a thicker, proper waist belt made of webbing. That will solve various issues I have, and I'll be hanging the holster from the belt - hopefully it will work nicely, we'll see!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back