I finished printing and now I'll start spray painting. I modified the 3D files found on on thingiverse by this excellent modeler: Spartan Laser [Halo 5] by misterchiefcostuming. Spectacular work but I cut it apart to fit my Bambu X1C and did some slight tweaks to make the model more stronger. I have seen other people cosplay with the Spartan Laser and it looks bad ass...AND it has the bonus of while large, not looking like an actual gun. I will primer it today and get it painted with a simple black and green color combination with maybe a yellow streak for added effect. I also added the 405th logo to the front on both sides of the model so that they are cut into it.
Here is the breakdown of how I got it printed on my 3D printer. I added my edited files to Thingiverse as a Remix in case anyone wants to use what I put together here: Spartan Laser - Halo 5 - Remix for the X1C by zeckkoa
It took around 6 days to print and 4 kg of Sunlu PLA+. I just had to do 1 reprint of one part because I used the dumb default grid infill patter and the part just collapsed when I grabbed the handle.