Halo armor help for a Noob

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingxanose

I want to create a suit of high quality armor that can withstand sparring with wooden weapons as well as airsoft guns and cosplay but i dont know what to do. my dad says he knows how to do the armor if i can get good referance pictures and find good prices on the materials.

I want to create a suit of high quality armor that can withstand sparring with wooden weapons as well as airsoft guns and cosplay but i dont know what to do. my dad says he knows how to do the armor if i can get good referance pictures and find good prices on the materials.

Don't build armour for protection. This site is about costumes and props, not about protection - not while airsofting, and certainly not while "sparring". Also mind that "cheap" in this case is still three digits.

And please don't post questions twice in multiple places. For singular questions like this, use the approriate Help! thread in the Noob Forum. Mind the rules, read this and do a search before asking. Try not to ask for special treatment, people to contact you or people to send you files as long as you're new. People will get upset.

Agreed, this is not the place for "funtional" armor. If you are looking for sparring armor, I might recommend this website...

www.armourarchive.org

They focus mainly on medieval armor made of metal used for fighting events. It's not Halo, but it may give you a place to start.

If you want something to swordfight in i would recommend another path. a cheap build still costs 300$ even if you shop smart. but to withstand that kind of force i dont think you will want to put that much money into it, and why go through so much work to just take a couple hits and have your armored destroyed. i mean to each his own, but it seems like a waste. I'm not saying it isnt possible but it is highly unrecommended.

A sparring suit is rather ridiculous. You're limiting your movement and it wouldn't be able to take much hitting before damaging it. A suit for airsoft isn't really practical either. But I think it is possible. Rather than using cloth, use fiberglass mat and epoxy resin and not polyurethane. But I have a better idea: rather than using a hot, heavy armored suit and go in guns blazing, go buy a ghillie suit at Cabela's. It's still B.A. and realistic.

Okay before anyone else decides to chew me ou, I will say that I i was not clear and that "Sparring" is not the right term. Me and my friend are interested in making Mjolnir armor for doing something simmilar to LARPing with a Halo style. we use high quality foam weapons, and I was told the Polyurathane was hard plastic. Turst me when i say that if i want Renisance style armor I have someone better than any of you.

Okay before anyone else decides to chew me ou, I will say that I i was not clear and that "Sparring" is not the right term. Me and my friend are interested in making Mjolnir armor for doing something simmilar to LARPing with a Halo style. we use high quality foam weapons, and I was told the Polyurathane was hard plastic. Turst me when i say that if i want Renisance style armor I have someone better than any of you.

Nobody was chewing you out (well, at least I wasn't - I can't really speak for the others), but considering that you feel this way, the last sentence of yours is reeeally diplomatic. Especially since you're the one who put us on the sword fighting track in the first place with "wooden weapons as well as airsoft guns and cosplay", meaning these are all separate things. And wooden weapons do sound a lot like swords.

Anyway... Polyurethane is hard plastic, but that doesn't change anything about what I said in post #2. Click the links, read how things are done - You said you don't know what to do, and reading what the forum has to offer is the solution to that.

Turst me when i say that if i want Renisance style armor I have someone better than any of you.
You might want to watch your tone there fella. You came to us for help. If you don't like the answers you are getting, don't start a thread about it. And no, I don't believe anyone is here to chew you out, but, we are gonna be real with you and give you our opinions.

I must say, before posting anything, you NEED to read the stickies and forum rules. I have seen tons of people ask pretty much the same question as you, and this is always the response. This is a community for costuming, not building functional suits. Don't take it personally, but you need to obey the rules if you want anyone to listen or offer their advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back