Halo Cake Ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

S15Costuming

i want to make a halo cake...but i want to make it based on one of the multiplayer maps. (I am NOT planning to make the whole map it will be a portion) anyway, can anyone give me ideas/reference pics?

You could make a Sandbox/Sandtrap themed one, and use either brown sugar or crushed graham crackers to imitate sand. Then top it with a miniature Warthog or Mongoose, with a few action clix Spartans. :D

Why a map?

Why not make a munch of Plasma Grenade Cup cakes? Back the cup cakes, place in the freezer to cool for about 30 minutes, mix and roll out fondant. Remove cupcakes from tray, and wrap in Fondant, gently roll around in the palm of your hand to make a ball. Add more details with colored fondant. and top off with blue colored whipped icing.

Plasma Grenade Cupcakes!

You could even use two flat cakes to make an ammo box to hold the grenades. I know publix can print custom rice paper pieces so you could print up some Halo symbols and make it look really authentic with very little effort.

My cake secret is use milk instead of water, and use 1/4 less milk than required so the cake stays firm as you work with it.

What ever you do take lots of pics!

chwbcc said:
Why a map?

Why not make a munch of Plasma Grenade Cup cakes? Back the cup cakes, place in the freezer to cool for about 30 minutes, mix and roll out fondant. Remove cupcakes from tray, and wrap in Fondant, gently roll around in the palm of your hand to make a ball. Add more details with colored fondant. and top off with blue colored whipped icing.

Plasma Grenade Cupcakes!

You could even use two flat cakes to make an ammo box to hold the grenades. I know publix can print custom rice paper pieces so you could print up some Halo symbols and make it look really authentic with very little effort.

My cake secret is use milk instead of water, and use 1/4 less milk than required so the cake stays firm as you work with it.

Damn, might have to use those ideas for the cupcakes for our next LAN party! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
An antenna on Valhalla, the Temple on Sandtrap, the Pelican on Valhalla, central base on Blackout, frontal of Rat's Nest, even Foundry with some little bits made to look like forge objects set up, with little guns spelling whatever you want spelled on the top.

There are many possibilities. I can't even remember all of the maps, right now.

the tower in backwash from halo 2, might look gross though lol. or you could do the center portion of Guardian built on a cake stand (integrated) to look like its floating and use some halo figures or halo clix to add to the effect.

the ideas from {Cortana and chwbcc are the best.

halo-cake-1.jpg

Here ya go.

mc helmet was made with fondant... its like cardboard ideing and tastes and has the texture of oreo cookie filling but thicker and not as flakey.

heres a few from google images...

warthogcake.png

500x375.aspx

halo_cake-1024x768.jpg

Cortana_Cake_by_Saiyan_Silk.png

3740633402_dbd1eb317d.jpg

cake4--article_image.jpg

2e709881c003fca0472b5b73af120969.jpg

4018401252_7084697ff4.jpg

Halo.JPG

halo_warthog.336211256_large.JPG

theres probabl;y more but these were all found on google images with search of halo cakes.

i couldnt find the lockout picture for a halo cake i know someone made one just i cant find it.. take a look around. some cakes are hard to make if you arent an experienced cake builder.

edit : found the lockout cake!

faecake.jpg

That multi-tier cake got me thinking: Make a cake with an important level from Halo CE on it.

Hog Run on the Maw

Control Room

343 Guilty Spark

Beach from Silent Cartographer

Truth and Reconciliation Hangar

Flawless Cowboy

PoA Bridge

7 awesome op7ions for you.

You will need much fondant, modeling chocolate, and cake. Outsource if you must. Trust it to skilled people if you, yourself, are not. I'm just here to give you ideas.

Before you make it, grab an action figure that will be on the cake. Make the cake as scale to the figure as possible. I would reccomend a halo 1 or 2 blood gulch/coagulation base. Simple, short cylander cake with some details. good luck :)

{Cortana said:
You could make a Sandbox/Sandtrap themed one, and use either brown sugar or crushed graham crackers to imitate sand. Then top it with a miniature Warthog or Mongoose, with a few action clix Spartans. :D

that is an awesome idea!

chwbcc said:
Why a map?

Plasma Grenade Cupcakes!

ok...i'll be sure to take pics

Aaron said:
Before you make it, grab an action figure that will be on the cake. Make the cake as scale to the figure as possible. I would reccomend a halo 1 or 2 blood gulch/coagulation base. Simple, short cylander cake with some details. good luck :)

hmmm...after reading this...blood gulch would be better...

what do you guys think, sandtrap or blood gulch

B

BL

BLO

BLOO

BLOOD

BLOODG

BLOODGU

BLOODGUL

BLOODGULC

BLOODGULCH

BLOODGULC

BLOODGUL

BLOODGU

BLOODG

BLOOD

BLOO

BLO

BL

B

lol, spam much? definately blood gulch, especially because imo it's going to be a little easier AND there's actually visual appeal with all the colors and what not. unless, that is, you want a COMPLETELY tan cake.

xalener said:
BLOOD GULCH

GULCH

GULCH

GULCH

GULCH

Aaron said:
B

BL

BLO

BLOO

BLOOD

BLOODG

BLOODGU

BLOODGUL

BLOODGULC

BLOODGULCH

BLOODGULC

BLOODGUL

BLOODGU

BLOODG

BLOOD

BLOO

BLO

BL

B

WRising said:
lol, spam much? definately blood gulch, especially because imo it's going to be a little easier AND there's actually visual appeal with all the colors and what not. unless, that is, you want a COMPLETELY tan cake.

ok, blood gulch it is!!! :D i'll plan it out for my B-Day! :eek

MMM... cake... Also, if you want an outstanding halo cake, you can get one from charm city cakes for about 1000 dollars. If you have seen their cakes, you would know its worth the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back