Halo Cartoon

Status
Not open for further replies.

HaloFanChuck

Hey Halo Fans,

I was just wondering who would watch a Halo cartoon, if they made something really cool and interesting, something we could all get behind like a Batman Beyond - or another great Cartoon.

It just seems like it might be something that all ages could enjoy, and something for the hard core Halo fans, and the young kids to all have a good time watching.....

Am I crazy, or is this a BRILLIANT idea???? So, other than flaming me and calling me an idiot, could this work? I think it could. They just released a great Batman DVD written by some of the best comic book writers currently working. The same thing could be done on the Halo franchise.....

So, who here would watch this? And am I going to get royalties now since I am a genius???

LOL

---Chuck

Last edited by a moderator:
LastSpartan said:
Well if it's better than Halo Uprising, I agree it could be pretty nice.
I read those :(. As for the cartoon, I dunno, I kind of like Halo being a more adults-only thing. I'm not saying I don't want kids to get enjoyment out of it, but I think it woudn't be as good of a story if it was age appropiate for everyone. After all, Halo is a story about war and hardship, but if it was turned into a cartoon, it just wouldn't be the same. It's a good idea, but I think a child-friendly Halo would kind of ruin it for me.

I don't know, I think it could work if done like Clone Wars. And I mean the first animated one, not the current cgi one. I would love to see Genndy Tartakovsky's take on the Chief and the marines.

That episode of the clones infiltrating the droids with no dialogue was brilliant. I think something like that could translate the Halo universe quite well.

i think that would be AUSOME!!! i would probly watch it. And may b like cartoon network would let you put it on..?

great idea

Idiot! j/k :D I think it would work but making appropriate for all ages would take away from it for me personally. Just like the new Clone Wars - don't care for the style (although I am old). If it was fashioned after some of the full length animations or anime then I would probably watch it. If it was ever done, a three minute trailer would decide it for me.

There was an old probably fake rumor of "halo kids" which was supposedly going to be a cartoon. They even had a picture that proabably was fake. But it made me laugh. They also used nerf guns and super soakers. I wish I could find the image :\

Well, I just emailed Bungie to see if they liked my idea and wanted to pay me for it.

Yes, I am serious.

Yes, I think it's a brilliant idea.

Yes.... I think I'm gonna be a millionaire soon.

Spartan117x said:
There was an old probably fake rumor of "halo kids" which was supposedly going to be a cartoon. They even had a picture that proabably was fake. But it made me laugh. They also used nerf guns and super soakers. I wish I could find the image :\

HaloFanChuck said:
Well, I just emailed Bungie to see if they liked my idea and wanted to pay me for it.

Yes, I am serious.

Yes, I think it's a brilliant idea.

Yes.... I think I'm gonna be a millionaire soon.

o_O

'Nuff Said.

halo kids was a comic strip called i think halo babies
i check em everynow and then just search halo babies, some are pretty funny :p http://www.halobabies.net/

i wouldnt mind seein a 15 min cartoon of halo on adult swim or something like that would be pretty nifty

Mythstryke said:
I don't know, I think it could work if done like Clone Wars. And I mean the first animated one, not the current cgi one. I would love to see Genndy Tartakovsky's take on the Chief and the marines.

That episode of the clones infiltrating the droids with no dialogue was brilliant. I think something like that could translate the Halo universe quite well.
I suppose that would be ok, the orginal clone wars was brilliant, so they could do something like that, but I don't like the CGI one. I just don't think it is possible to remove blood, and other pg13 elements from the story.

I received an email from Bungie today!!!!!!!

(it was an automated response...)

ROFL

Overlord_Ian said:
I suppose that would be ok, the orginal clone wars was brilliant, so they could do something like that, but I don't like the CGI one. I just don't think it is possible to remove blood, and other pg13 elements from the story.

Red vs Blue is doing a cartoon version following up on Reconstruction. That's about as close as you're going to get. Google the trailer they showed at Comicon, it rocked.

I don't know...I'm not too keen on the idea myself. I guess it depends on who would be doing the animation, I wouldn't want to see something anime-sque, that's just not my thing at all and it would mostly likely ruin the entire Halo experience for me, the last thing I want. I'm also afraid that they might reveal the Chief's face, and I do so love the mystery of him as it is.
However, I do like what RvB do generally, so if they go for it, I *might* just give it a shot. Still, I'm more nay than yay.

Well Genndy Tartakovsky was able to do what Lucas couldn't do, and thats make the Clones pretty bad-ass. And he didn't even need blood and guts to do it.

But I will agree, the opportunity to screw with continuity and whatnot is a real risk, and probably pretty easy for someone to do. Still, could be fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back