halo ce/reach hybrid mkv

Status
Not open for further replies.

greg079

hello everyone i know by this point everyone has probably seen just about everything but i figured what the heck i might as well do my own thread for my armor so anyway

images deleted because all previously seen pieces have been replaced by new ones
(not like anyone ever cared though)

i decided to do a halo ce mkv base because i like the bulk, style, and feel but then i also wanted to add new stuff from reach so i decided it'd be worth the extra work but i'd add newer stuff anyway
pieces i've done so far
helmet - done (it was ruze's CQC helmet)
chest - needs to be redone again again, because they keep friggin' warping on me
left forearm - done/will make removable attachments later
left bicep - done/Sniper shoulder attached
right bicep - will be redone/CQC shoulder peice built
right forearm - will be redone
thighs - done/will make removable attachments later
shins - done.have yet to decide on knee pieces
this is what i got so far
remember guys cardboard is your friend
also i removed my breacher forearm attachment as it will never again see the light of day
[edit]
sorry you may have to open images in a new tab to see them
and i do appologize for the massive yet blurry pictures i don't know how to shrink them
also i know a lot of people have master chief armor but that's not what i'm doing so i don't wan't to be bothered with people asking why i'm not doing master chief armor, i'm me, why would i wan't to be someone else if i can be just as good. this armor is for me, it fits my tastes, its what i want, so don't ask me why
[edit]
i've been gone for almost a year now because real life problems came up and have yet to go away, i've still been working on my build but i stayed away because the lack of support that i've found in this community disgusts me. maybe i'll post pictures later, maybe i won't (not like anybody ever cared anyway) but i wouldn't count on an update, ever. i WILL be fiberglassing when it gets warmer, but that's about all i care to put here.

Welcome to the forums.

When inserting images you must use the address of the image itself, not the address of a webpage that contains the image. You can usually get the image address by right-clicking the image and selecting 'Copy Image Location' (or something similar). Often times, image-hosting sites like Photobucket will provide other ways to get a forum-friendly IMG address.

Good luck with your project.

swing by and check out the ce/reach hybrid helmet MkV i made. it's the first thing up in my armour builds thread in my sig :D ... might give you some idea's...

Welcome to the forums.

When inserting images you must use the address of the image itself, not the address of a webpage that contains the image. You can usually get the image address by right-clicking the image and selecting 'Copy Image Location' (or something similar). Often times, image-hosting sites like Photobucket will provide other ways to get a forum-friendly IMG address.

Good luck with your project.
thanks, i did not know that
swing by and check out the ce/reach hybrid helmet MkV i made. it's the first thing up in my armour builds thread in my sig :D ... might give you some idea's...
yeah i've seen it before and it looks nice but i didn't read all of it it appeared to be mostly for upgrading helmets but i'm doing that with the WHOLE SUIT well kinda. plus i'll be using the CQC helmet so not much to learn there. i also think i might scratch build the UA CHOBHAM. anyway i might have to check it out again later though
[edit]
i've been really busy lately so i haven't gotten much done but i'm almost ready to attach the UA base security chest piece and i'm about halfway done making one of the boots

sorry i've been away for a while but in that time i got the abs plate, UA base security piece, and the attaching done. then it got ruined by rain. kinda sucks, so i decided i'm going to try and finish both boots next and redo the chest later (sorry i don't have pics its kinda depressing that it's trash now) oh well. i'll also take back my chest pic since technically it's no longer finished. hope to see you guys soon.

just finished the fj para knees and attached them to my right shin piece also the shoe is about done please feel free to comment opinions and advice are welcome
the pictures will be added to the first post some time in the near future

finished the mkv thigh Friday and i just attached my custom ua chobham utility piece i think it looks good but feel free to comment opinions and advice are welcome
the pictures will be added to the first post some time in the near future

i just did a scratch build of the [R] bicep and have a tiny bit of cleaning up to do pictures will be added to the first post some time in the near future as always opinions and advice are welcome

we need pictures. its kind of hard to see what you have done with out them
i'm terribly sorry about the delay however the picture is added now i slept in and i took my time getting around to it however i suppose my definition of "in the near future" may vary from that of others thank you pointing out the error i made
also thank you for sharing your opinion and i hope my armor WIP will hold your interest enough to keep you checking in later in the future

Hehehe, I like your avatar. Apparently, mods and admins probably don't, so I advise you change it.

Anyway, good luck on your suit!

And may the shwartz be with you! (yep, I recognized your sig.)

i'll be leaving to got to camp soon so i'll be gone for about a week. after that HOPEFULLY i'll be able to get the chest piece made (again) and i've also begun contemplation on using grenadier knees instead of fj/para but oh well. also my left forearm may be ready for primer soon

redid my knee piece and changed it to grenadier then attached it but it may not have pics for a while i also played CMT's new a50 map for halo custom edition and took a liking to their M90 mkii tactical shotgun and snagged some pics of that and the brute plasma pistol who knows if i have time i may attempt building one also sorry about the recent inactivity i hope i'll get more done soon

finally redid the chest piece (again) but i probably won't be able to add pictures for a few days and the forearm piece needs to have a few holes patched and then get re-sanded but my [R] forearm needs a few layers and then i'll have to smooth it out but after that hopefully i'll be able to add pictures of those three until then thanks for your time and good luck on your builds

We're sort of like little kids here on this forum we NEED Pics! Not because we don't believe your progress, but because we want to ooh! and Awe! At it.

i'm terribly sorry about the lack of picks but thanks to another delay (one of my good friends' 17th birthday parties) i was gone for almost 24 hours and didn't get to a few things in time so it might be about 3 days til pictures depending on the weather until then i had found 2 great references to base my armor on
[edit] i'll be going zorbing (think i spelled it right) with my friends til sunday when i get back hopefully i'll get some tape, ink, and a new hard-drive, oh well, see you soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back