halo E3 possible Halo movie hints

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes but while their working on one film we've people working on other films so if haft the people in the 405th makes a film then 343 might let us take over the halo film stuff then we could make some really good films.

Just a question IF the Halo movie ever starts up again ( I know they've been having issues on who's doing what..) Who do you think would create all the armor and such?

WETA or Legacy Effects?

Just read this at CNET. It seems Steven Spielberg is on again on Halo movie. Hopefully this is not a rumor.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13506_3-20116673-17/spielberg-dreamworks-working-on-halo-movie-for-2012/

Thanks for the tip-off. It's good to hear that at least a Halo movie is still being talked about, and not completely forgotten about. I'm pretty confident that a Halo movie will be made eventually someday, it's just a matter of when. It would be pretty foolish not to. Hopefully, this time it actually gets done.

It's always amazing to see the whole community trying to work together to figure out whether a Halo movie should be made, how it's made, and who takes up the reins for the production.

KUDOS, 405th. Maybe, if we all want a Halo movie to happen, major collaboration among us all will make it happen?

Of course, that's just me.

KUDOS, 405th. Maybe, if we all want a Halo movie to happen, major collaboration among us all will make it happen?

I don't know about that, but I DO know that if (when?) a Halo movie happens, there will be plenty of 405th members representing all around the country by attending midnight release events in costume! I definitely plan on being one of them! :cool

Slightly more on-topic: while I know that Steven Spielberg is a talented and respected director, I can't help but be a bit anxious about the rumors of him tackling the Halo movie. Indian Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skulls comes to mind....*shudder*

If it is Spielberg, please do it right! I, personally, would love to see James Cameron do it.

I don't know about that, but I DO know that if (when?) a Halo movie happens, there will be plenty of 405th members representing all around the country by attending midnight release events in costume! I definitely plan on being one of them! :cool

Slightly more on-topic: while I know that Steven Spielberg is a talented and respected director, I can't help but be a bit anxious about the rumors of him tackling the Halo movie. Indian Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skulls comes to mind....*shudder*

If it is Spielberg, please do it right! I, personally, would love to see James Cameron do it.

Wow. If that happens, I might go in my costume. The problem is I don't have my own costume. I made 4 suits and they were all my kids. :(

I disagree on your take of Steven Spielberg. He is very talented but to do Halo right, he is the one. Did you watch "War of the Worlds" or something like "Saving Private Ryan"? I imagine Halo should have those kind of perspectives. James Cameron is good, but he is so "Transformered". We need human feelings, and the last 3 Transformers are so "hero" type that would not fit what Halo is achieving.

so i wonder if we are going to see actual photos or videos kinda like every movie something always gets leaked 2012 is fast upon us i would love to see the chief on the big screen

It's always amazing to see the whole communitytrying to work together to figure out whether a Halo movie should be made, howit's made, and who takes up the reins for the production.
KUDOS, 405th. Maybe, if we all want a Halo movie to happen, majorcollaboration among us all will make it happen?

I totally agree. If we were to have all 4,238+ "active" memberspool their resources and donate $20 dollars apiece, we could have a budget of$84,760, which is actually really nice for an independent film if we get a volunteercrew (which is SO doable).

Anyway, it's possible if we put our minds to it.

I don't know about that, but I DO know that if(when?) a Halo movie happens, there will be plenty of 405th membersrepresenting all around the country by attending midnight release events incostume! I definitely plan on being one of them!

In my own perfect world, I would love to see a 405th convention where ALL(as in every single one of us) gets together and upgrades all of our armor toequal the quality of the Blue Realm stuff, and then attends the Hollywoodopening by marching down the road in formation and we march right into thetheatre.

A man can only dream.

Slightly more on-topic: while I know that Steven Spielberg is a talented andrespected director, I can't help but be a bit anxious about the rumors of himtackling the Halo movie. Indian Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skullscomes to mind....*shudder*

If it is Spielberg, please do it right! I, personally, would love to seeJames Cameron do it.

I disagree on your take of Steven Spielberg. He is very talented but to doHalo right, he is the one. Did you watch "War of the Worlds" orsomething like "Saving Private Ryan"? I imagine Halo should havethose kind of perspectives. James Cameron is good, but he is so "Transformered".We need human feelings, and the last 3 Transformers are so "hero"type that would not fit what Halo is achieving.

I would like to see Halo done almost exactly like Saving Private Ryan.Starts out at a Memorial for Reach or Earth or (insert planet here) and thengoes through the whole thing. I am excited just thinking about it being likethat.

I also think that Peter Jackson would be pretty good, only because I likewhat he did in Lord of the Rings. But then again, LotR isn't necessary the sameas Halo when it comes to story types. I still would want to see where he goes with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:
I disagree on your take of Steven Spielberg. He is very talented but to do Halo right, he is the one. Did you watch "War of the Worlds" or something like "Saving Private Ryan"? I imagine Halo should have those kind of perspectives. James Cameron is good, but he is so "Transformered". We need human feelings, and the last 3 Transformers are so "hero" type that would not fit what Halo is achieving.

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't saying that Spielberg isn't an excellent director, just that....well, I would be worried that he wouldn't "understand" Halo and not do it justice. I only mentioned the last Indian Jones movie as his most recent abomination/screw-up. Of course, War of the Worlds and Saving Private Ryan were excellent movies (especially SPR).

And for the record, Transformers was directed by Michael "Big Boom" Bay. ;) I wouldn't want to see Halo get the Transformer's treatment either! :p My mention of James Cameron was more referring to Avatar, where he created a whole sci-fi, yet realistic, world, similar to what I believe a Halo movie would require. I truly think he would be the right man for the job.

Not that this matters anymore since the rumor turns out to be completely false...:angry

@Spitfire22V: Indiana Jones IV was an abomination, for sure... But George Lucas was the one who wrote the film. lol. XD

@Spitfire22V: Indiana Jones IV was an abomination, for sure... But George Lucas was the one who wrote the film. lol. XD

True, thanks for the correction. :) Though, I'm still surprised that no one stood up and said "Hey, look....this is ridiculous".

I mean, in the whole wide world of religious artifacts they could have had Indy chasing, they chose aliens?! Really?? *facepalm*

Sorry, minor rant there. lol Back on-topic....:cool

And for the record, Transformers was directed by Michael "Big Boom" Bay. ;) I wouldn't want to see Halo get the Transformer's treatment either! :p My mention of James Cameron was more referring to Avatar, where he created a whole sci-fi, yet realistic, world, similar to what I believe a Halo movie would require. I truly think he would be the right man for the job.
Not sure why I could mixed up James Cameron and Michael Bay? Probably because I'm not a huge movie fan. :)

In any case, I still think James Cameron would not be a good choice. True Avatar was "different". The only thing special about the movie was it was entirely CG. The acting itself was so-so.

Master Chief is faceless. We need a director who can make make Master Chief's emotions show through even though he is underneath the helmet. Again, Saving Private Ryan is a good example. We could feel the turbulance in Tom Hanks throughout the movie. Another good reference is Shindler's List. No "Transformers" or "Star Wars" effect.

Not sure why I could mixed up James Cameron and Michael Bay? Probably because I'm not a huge movie fan. :)

In any case, I still think James Cameron would not be a good choice. True Avatar was "different". The only thing special about the movie was it was entirely CG. The acting itself was so-so.

Master Chief is faceless. We need a director who can make make Master Chief's emotions show through even though he is underneath the helmet. Again, Saving Private Ryan is a good example. We could feel the turbulance in Tom Hanks throughout the movie. Another good reference is Shindler's List. No "Transformers" or "Star Wars" effect.

You know it was Spielberg that chose Bay for Transformers. Spielberg also has producer credits for the Transformer films. I thought War of the Worlds was one of his weaker films. The scenes with the military made no sense and were very unrealistic even for a SciFi movie. The plot and the whole part with the son seemed half assed and the daughter's screaming was quite annoying. The original is far better.

Don't get me wrong I love most of Spielberg's movies but he doesn't have a perfect track record with his projects, I refer to the quality of them.

You know it was Spielberg that chose Bay for Transformers. Spielberg also has producer credits for the Transformer films. I thought War of the Worlds was one of his weaker films. The scenes with the military made no sense and were very unrealistic even for a SciFi movie. The plot and the whole part with the son seemed half assed and the daughter's screaming was quite annoying. The original is far better.

Don't get me wrong I love most of Spielberg's movies but he doesn't have a perfect track record with his projects, I refer to the quality of them.

I agree with you that Spielberg never has a perfect record. And I agree with you that War of the Worlds was not that great. Tom Cruise did not help either. The thing that I like about WoW was the settings that Spielberg was able to put the viewers in. Create the same settings and use SPR acting will sure create a winning film. Then again, what do I know. I'm not a director but just a hard critic. :)

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't saying that Spielberg isn't an excellent director, just that....well, I would be worried that he wouldn't "understand" Halo and not do it justice.

Speilburg is a closet gamer. I read an article about it somewhere a long time ago. I think he would understand.

True, thanks for the correction. :) Though, I'm still surprised that no one stood up and said "Hey, look....this is ridiculous".

Because nobody is going to say that anything is ridiculous to George Lucas. Evar.

No "Transformers" or "Star Wars" effect.

I KNOW YOU DID NOT JUST DIS STAR WARS. I KNOW YOU AIN'T DOIN' THAT. THATS RIDICULOUS.

^ That was a joke. Haha. Get it? I made a funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back