Halo Movie?! Wait It's Just...battle Planet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my. To me it seems the rip is so blatant that I don't know what to say. I can't imagine Microsoft and Bungie didn't see this before. I'm sure it should grant them some rights to sue. Of all the suits that have ever been drawn up for sci-fi movies up to date, they go for someone as popular as Halo design. :-/ Not sure whether to call it brilliant or plainly silly. It doesn't look like a blockbuster either.

Edit: Funnily enough, at the bottom of the page where it says "If you enjoyed this title, our database also recommends:" there is RvB The Blood Gulch Chronicles.

Bungie is going to sue, no doubt. Mabey the money that they get for it will help go to the ACTUAL halo movie being made!

They better make it soon, ive been waiting 3 long years ever since there were plans for it. Just now, If they dont have it by 2010, i'll make my own purposal to Bungie!

You guys are making me sorry I posted this. I just thought it was funny. No, MS is not going to sue. They can't. It only looks reminiscent of Halo armor. In truth, it's very different.

Oldly enough, I gathered from the commercial that the suit does have an AI.

Saw this last night. First thought was cheap spartan with oversized EVA. The suit does have an AI. Not one of Sci-Fi's best projects but definitely not one of their worst either.

It actually doesn't look bad for a Sci-Fi movie.

It's can't be as bad as an asylum movie.

The creators of "Transmorphers", "Alien versus hunter", and "I am Omega"......

lol.

xalener said:
It actually doesn't look bad for a Sci-Fi movie.

It's can't be as bad as an asylum movie.

The creators of "Transmorphers", "Alien versus hunter", and "I am Omega"......
lol.

LMAO! Where do you see that?

Last edited by a moderator:
I always see those movies at Blockbuster and don't have the nerve to rent them .

I'm a fan of bad cinema... reminds me of Mystery Science Theater, but somehow I imagine a sleazy movie producer laughing hysterically the second I pick up the box to take it to the counter at Blockbuster. "Har, har har... I just got your money for a crappy imitation movie sucker!".

Haven't seen any of them.

i luv sci-fi

"providing C-material movies that use the same plot,..........and usually involve giant killer snakes"

i watch those movies occasionally. i keep hanging onto the blind hope that someday the next sci-fi equivalent of Starship Troopers will appear.

thankfully i've stayed away from the snake movies though :lol:

Anybody notice their command ship is a carbon copy of the terran Lancer from Conquest Frontier wars?

The suit is pretty sweet IMO. It looks a lot like an old Battletech Battlemaster scaled down and blended with elements from the Halo Mk VI (especially if you look at the back of the suit)

The aliens are almost carbon copies of the "Natives" from the awesome game Raze's Hell.

I gotta see if they have this on Scifi Rewind...along with any Battlestar episodes aired since last May. Maybe I'll get lucky one day and see a something as good as Riverworld or Army of Darkness or the Cube trilogy. Those were some quality Scifi channel films.

I happened across the movie near the beginning. Missed like the first 10 minutes.

I thought it was ok, much better then some of the "Original Sci-Fi" movies.

First thing I thought of was Halo when I saw the armor. Kind of a mix and match suit.

But I will have to say it was an "ok" movie.

It wasn't top quality by any means. It was a decent movie for being a B or even C film. There were no giant snakes, dragons, or John Rhyes Davies in it so that is a plus. No wizards either. Might have to find it online or on Sci-Fi again and check out the suit more. It was a pretty decent suit.

Xtreme TACTICS 101 said:
Bungie is going to sue, no doubt. Mabey the money that they get for it will help go to the ACTUAL halo movie being made!

They better make it soon, ive been waiting 3 long years ever since there were plans for it. Just now, If they dont have it by 2010, i'll make my own purposal to Bungie!

Yeah, BUNGIE couldn't sue even if they wanted to.. They arent using the Halo name or halo armor.. But I agree, I have been waiting for 3 years just for every year for it to get delayed! I don't think they will make it as much as we would all love to see it. I'm not looking at the downside, I am just being realistic, specially with the way the economy is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back