Halo Reach - All New Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
CommanderFluffy said:
exactly what i was getting at ben but heres what i just dug up. halowiki http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/SPARTAN-II_Program#Class_II spartan Nicole-458 was trapped in year 2004 read her story here http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Nicole-458

and on top of that maybe the spartans arent from mc117 it could be after with sartan 3's or some other crazy thing we can only speculate untill bungie releases more to the public on whats moveing our hearts towards these conclusions and love for these games...

me though ill play th games and im more interested in the scenery and the armor and weapons and story than the actuall gameplay.

Couldn't be 3's they werent up and running During Reach

crackhead09 said:
hey guys it doesnt have to be blue team (johns team) it could be red team from halo wars for all we know and the only thing i didnt like from halo wars is their armor had regenerating shields wich we all know to be only for V and up but thats for gameplay and as for no marines in odst, from what i saw i think i saw one marine in the tower talking to the red and orange odst btw watch the trailers on your 360 theyre different

I was thinking a simple answer could be: Yes these are all from the original 75 but call signs could come from a sign like
117: Augment Group: 1
Lab : 1
Specimen 7

or something to that effect. This could explain very easily how the numbers range so dramatically, However this is just a guess.

Last edited by a moderator:
WitnessOfTruth said:
I'm excited for this to come out, but there are a couple things that come into my mind when I analyze this. You remember the game "Crackdown" (I think??), it came with the Halo 3 beta. Most people bought the game FOR the beta because the game was crap (or so I've heard). I just hope that this isn't bungie trying their hand at that marketing ploy for that reason. I'm kind of worried about ODST now :(

Crackdown was actually a TON of fun, im excited for the second one. And the gameplay demo was just amazing for ODST.

The Sierra thingy at the end of the trailer is just a callsign probably, there was another callsign starting with Sierra earlier on in the trailer and I don't believe that was a spartan.

Also, Benstreeper, that's not how it works. There were 150 kids selected for closer screening for SPARTAN II, each of those kids received a number, John was the 117th 'specimen' so he was numbered 117. Not really any difficult system behind it.

M-562 said:
The Sierra thingy at the end of the trailer is just a callsign probably, there was another callsign starting with Sierra earlier on in the trailer and I don't believe that was a spartan.

Also, Benstreeper, that's not how it works. There were 150 kids selected for closer screening for SPARTAN II, each of those kids received a number, John was the 117th 'specimen' so he was numbered 117. Not really any difficult system behind it.

Just a theory sir nothing more. Offering bungie a way out incase they do use higher numbers for spartan call signs.

P.S.

The 75 I refer to are the 75 total pre-augmentation candidates

P.S.S.

If you really want to get tech. Here are the members at Reach

Blue Team has 3 members:
John-117
Linda-058 is 'killed' but eventually revived
James is blasted of into space Frank Poole style, marked MIA

Red Team supposedly has 27 members (number mentioned several times; it "should" have 22):
4 KIA during the Reach freefall
Malcolm-059
3 others unnamed
Alpha Team: 3 members
Red 1: Frederic-104
Red 2: Kelly-087 (later abducted by Halsey; alive, but MIA)
Red 3: Joshua-029 (goes missing in LZ Assault; MIA, assumed KIA)
Beta Team: whoever is left from Red 4-11 and Red 13-20; either 11 or 6 Spartans depending on the accepted initial count
No members named
All MIA/KIA during generator defense
Gamma Team 3 members
Red 21: Anton-044, killed by a ship plasma bolt, MIA/KIA (FS p.235)
Red 22: Grace-093, who is later killed by Brutes aboard the Unyielding Hierophant, KIA (FS p.315)
Red 23: Li-008, killed by a ship plasma bolt, MIA/KIA (FS p.235)
Team Omega 3 members: Jerome-092, Alice-130, Douglas-042
Delta Team 6 members
Red 12: William-043
Red ?: Isaac-039, assumed dead retreating into Forerunner caves on Reach, MIA/KIA (FS p.148)
Red ?: Vinh-030, assumed dead retreating into Forerunner caves on Reach, MIA/KIA (FS p.148)
3 others unnamed, MIA/KIA

Hey,
I just got a Text today, and I heard that when you buy ODST, you can get a promo code for a Reach Beta. That would be awesome!!! But I don't have Xbox Live and I need Live to get It :( .

Spirit of fire never made it back because first recorded contact of Covies was on Harvest. SOF dissapeared after the events of HW.

-Doom

crackhead09 said:
hey guys it doesnt have to be blue team (johns team) it could be red team from halo wars for all we know and the only thing i didnt like from halo wars is their armor had regenerating shields wich we all know to be only for V and up but thats for gameplay and as for no marines in odst, from what i saw i think i saw one marine in the tower talking to the red and orange odst btw watch the trailers on your 360 theyre different

your talking about the wrong game. thats the odst and this thread its the reach game

Doom said:
Spirit of fire never made it back because first recorded contact of Covies was on Harvest. SOF dissapeared after the events of HW.

-Doom

That's my point - the Spirit of Fire disappeared and all news of it is made confidential. What if it passed through UNSC space at Reach and it is the Spartans from Halo Wars who go down to try and save the other Spartans "on the ground"? Would wrap up the events of Halo Wars nicely, though cocking up the events of the book Fall of Reach.

Peter Cooper said:
That's my point - the Spirit of Fire disappeared and all news of it is made confidential. What if it passed through UNSC space at Reach and it is the Spartans from Halo Wars who go down to try and save the other Spartans "on the ground"? Would wrap up the events of Halo Wars nicely, though cocking up the events of the book Fall of Reach.
Still the matter of "Spartan-259". To the guy who mentioned "Sierra" as a call-sign, Sierra is the NATO (or some organization) phonetic alphabet (You know, Charlie, Tango, Foxtrot, that sort of thing), they referred to John as Sierra-117 in Halo 3. So we're going to assume that "Sierra-259" is "Spartan (S)-259".

Additionally, it most likely won't be a Spartan III, since the Spartan III's in Ghosts of Onyx were given callsigns like Ash-G099, which means that they had their company letter in front of their ID number (Ash was from Gamma company).

From what we know thus far, we have to assume that the Spartan II program either A. had a second phase that nobody outside of Bungie knew about till now (highly unlikely), or B. The numbering system was just weird (more likely).

Also, it looks like a really really cool game. Do want.

just noticed on gametrailers, under Halo Reach, it says "Shooter". so maybe this is a FPS game for the Fall of Reach.

Gametrailers is nothing official, don't count on ANYTHING until next year.

My guess is that we'll have met NONE of the spartans that will be in this game.

Adam said:
Gametrailers is nothing official, don't count on ANYTHING until next year.
I agree. You can't really nick pick a game that is not going to be released for the better part of year, let alone 14 months. Storylines change, graphics improve, and most characters are revealed.

Also, on the subject of them changing the look of the Mk V armor for Halo Wars and possibly Reach; do you honestly think they were gonna keep the original look of it from Halo:CE? I mean c'mon, it looked like a green moon suit. They had limited graphics at the time, so the armor designs had to be limited as well.

Personally, I find it much more interesting to see new, non-canonical takes on things, and the Mk V armor is still pretty faithful to the original design, just updated to fit the graphics from the other games.

I think we should all just sit back and wait till more info comes out before we start judging a game based on it's very short teaser trailer. ;)

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD, WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION

Hooo boy, I'm not sure what to make of all of this. But the following I do know!

1. I will own Halo: Odst on september 22, 2009
2. I will have my armor done by this date
3. I will officially announce to the world my newfound LOVE for bungie. Bungie will you please marry me? We could have lots of Halo-rific spartan babies. Lol

60 bucks for what is essentially an expansion? Srsly?

Well, if the fanboys will sock it, might as well milk that cash cow as long as you can. :rolleyes

Yodajammies said:
60 bucks for what is essentially an expansion? Srsly?

Well, if the fanboys will sock it, might as well milk that cash cow as long as you can. :rolleyes
do you even know what all comes with the game?

Sweet campaign expansion, 3 new Halo 3 maps, the hours and hours of fun with the new game mode Firefight... and most likely more than we know.

and i believe they said something along the lines of "its going to be bigger than your normal expansion but not big enough to be its own game"... this is going to be worth the 60 dollars, and plus if you get the collectors edition you can get the controller with it...

also, you are talking about the game in the wrong thread... this thread is for Halo Reach, not Halo ODST...

Peter Cooper said:
Hell, I'm getting ODST. Any excuse to wheel up in a Warthog. :)
Oh you would do that wouldn't you! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back