Props Halo Reach Br

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the trailer screen shots folks... I meant I need screen shots from other resources before I'll be able to go much further.

Looks pretty sweet so far Spase!

Not too terribly long to wait for more reference, Bungie said mid-January there will be a lot of new screens and cover stories released.

I'm sure you knew that though :)

Spase said:
@Spartan 051

Yes, I did see those, however I am looking for something of higher resolution and a bit more depth of contrast. Its to hard to accurately distinguish between the details...

yeah i though you had those

edit: did alittle photoshop an tried pulling out the images an feel free take down saw the post above

u2.jpg
u.jpg
reach0388.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Goomerspartan10 said:
Wow the battle rifle look totaly pwnzar but im dissapointed in the time frame its in. Halo reach is in the time when the UNSC is at war with the covenant in its early days.{ the same time frame as in halo wars} so their should be no UP- GRATED WEAPONS but the weapons should be even more basic. if anything that Battle rifle should have been in ODST or if their will be a halo 4. [i hope their will be} should be in the later time frame.

It actually takes place a week or two before Halo 1, possibly even DURING Halo 1. Master Chief went directly from the falling Reach to Halo. The entire span of Bungie Halo games (Halo Reach, Halo 1,2,3, ODST) take place during 2552. (Technically 3 ends in 2553 when if you take the memorial cutscene into consideration) ONLY Halo Wars was set in an earlier time period. So if theory all of the equipment in Reach should be similar to the equipment is all the other games.

Great blueprints!

I've actually started a build of this gun with blueprints I made for myself (hand drawn) do you mind if I use your version of the prints to get a better idea of where things are?

Ill be posting a WIP thread soon with my progress, I am basing the length off the BR55.

I'm building it out of plywood and pine.

Thanks for making these,

-Devious

I was saying to a friend today that bungie really should extend their armouries - look what I came home to!

It looks to me like a normal BR55 with a different rail and stock attachments. If its longer then the BR55 we have then we should call the old one the BR55K! But heck, it looks sweet!

SpartanPhalanx1: Reach was the UNSC's base of military operations. Therefore, they should have all their weapon models on that very planet.

sierra092 said:
I was saying to a friend today that bungie really should extend their armouries - look what I came home to!

It looks to me like a normal BR55 with a different rail and stock attachments. If its longer then the BR55 we have then we should call the old one the BR55K! But heck, it looks sweet!

SpartanPhalanx1: Reach was the UNSC's base of military operations. Therefore, they should have all their weapon models on that very planet.

I do not think it is in Bungie's nature to do that. I fully expect Bungie to have another reason for the different looks, including breaking canon if need be. It is just to lazy of an excuse to have different looking weapons in your game. Besides, would Bungie ever give the Spartans anything other than the best?

I would even say that this may be a much more special version of the BR, not an antiquated version.

You could say, well its the middle of an invasion so they would not have the best weapons, but I do not think that will be the case, but we will see. Everything ANYBODY says other than an employee is pure conjecture.

BESIDES, I was commenting more to correct the previous posters misinformation regarding the time period Reach will take place.

Back on topic though...

I love the new drawing!

Well since this is where they train spartans, maybe the rifle is a training rifle perhaps? Anyway I'm gonna try to model this bad boy and maybe pics in the coming week or so we'll see

Spase said:
Better details, thanks to those sending in screen shots and detail corrections.

~Walter

any time theres a lot of great dark shots that you have to adjust to bring out the detail

yea me too. I have a bumed BR design, but it's worked to were I could make it into this easily. Would you

have any exceptions if I use the designs here?

I'm sure because he posted them here on the boards, they are for the public to use.

Again, awesmome blueprints Spase! Already started the Battle Rifle (Blueprints scaled, and a few layers of cardboard cut out). Can't wait to start my WIP Topic (as soon as I'm nearly finished with the cardboard-LOL)

Spase said:
People can use these if they'd like to try and rough something... But they aren't 100% accurate...

Spase,

Dude, you go WAY too hard on yourself! These are amaizing, and very accurate. I admit there are a few little details missing, but I can spot them out/fix them as I go along with my own project. As I find them, I'll tell you and you can fix the blueprint accordingly, if you wish of course!

Again, many thanks for the blueprints!

Walter, buddy... helluva nice job on those schematics so far! :D

Seeing folks the likes of you already drawing these up, and Xtreme Tactics already working on a scratch-build kinda makes me want to take a stab at drawing up my own rendition of the HALO: Reach BR.

And so, I have, lol. Started on it, anyway. Up to draft # 04 of the side profile, and though few decent ref pics are available at the moment, I'm pleased with how well it's coming along.

Rather than hijack your thread, I'll post my own WiP showing the progress I've made on mine.

Despite how little actual usable reference material there is given the dark lighting used in the VGA premiere trailer (even "enhanced" pics can only show so much because of shadows, shading and what not), I hope to get mine as accurate as Spase has :cool

In case you all forgotten the according to the novel's and Halo univers history, Spartans have weapons and gear made only for them. Also it's not uncommon to see weapons and gear that regular UNSC personel don't have on Reach after all the Spartan's live, train, and have their gear made on Reach. And unlike the other games this is before Halo when the Covenet just found Reach when the Spartans were about to start a major operation was about to take place, so of course you will see weapons in this game that are different that usual on Reach than anywhere else. Thats my theory anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back