Halo Reach - Kat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Belakor said:
I don't think I can do much in the way of modeling right now but I went in and grabbed some more ref shots of the female player model:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/45783999@N05/sets/72157624067091468/

I'll see if I can grab some more too before it's all over :)

Looking at the handplate, I'll take a shot at making it for you, Halogoddess. The shape is simpler than the guy's version! :p

Last edited by a moderator:
dead-body glitch in the beta. you die in an area or something, and ragdolls of different permutations (not in beta as well) show up

gingersnapples said:
wait, bleakor, how did you get those pics?

Here's what I posted in the Official Beta reference thread:

Ruze789 said:
Here's a super cool link to a super cool glitch:

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=849110

It's a rendered vid so you can watch it online or download it to your 360 for Reach's Theater. If you screenshot for ref, please share it here!!

For those who can't watch it for some reason - it's a spawn/death glitch on Boneyard Invasion where purple Spartans appear out of nowhere and die, and those Spartans are wearing nearly every perm in Reach, even the ones unavailable in the Beta.

And instructions on how to get the vid yourself:

Ruze789 said:
I don't know in-game what causes the glitch, I went through all my own games and it didn't happen in any of them.

You can download the vid from the link I gave though, it will DL to your 360 the next time you play the Beta and you can open it up and move the camera as you would any of your own movies.

In case anyone isn't sure how to go about downloading through Bnet;

-Open http://www.bungie.net

-In the upper right hand corner, you'll see

Already have a Windows Live ID? Sign in

-Click on Sign In, and login to your Xbox Live account.

-Now follow this link to the video:

Graveyard Video

-And underneath the description of the video it's got Download next to a big arrow. Click on that.

-Next time you start up the Reach beta on the 360, it will appear in your Active Downloads in your files, and when it finishes it will be available in your Local Files in Theater.

If there's any further discussion or questions about the glitch please keep it in the thread I linked, so we don't clutter up HaloGoddess' thread with it.

And thanks Belakor for more shots, I might have a go at modeling some parts myself.

Well, this project is going to have to be put on a stand still since TOO many things just happened and now I am in desperate need for money. I have little to no money and I have some stuff in a thread in the classifieds that I am trying to sell. I need to get my car back. I explained it all in my "for sale" thread.

@HaloGoddess: Wow, that sucks. It's sad to see you get so much work done only to stop because of money problems. I guess it's a reminder how how costly a hobby costume building is...

Despite HaloGoddess's money troubles, anybody out there already working to help on this, please don't stop! There are other girls out there who need these parts too.

HaloGoddess said:
Well, this project is going to have to be put on a stand still since TOO many things just happened and now I am in desperate need for money. I have little to no money and I have some stuff in a thread in the classifieds that I am trying to sell. I need to get my car back. I explained it all in my "for sale" thread.

I feel your pain, and hope you can finish your project soon

If you need the $$, you could probably sell your old parts from your other builds on EBay. With the Reach Beta still on, the Halo fervor is up. Just a thought. Also, if your thighs are 14 inches, thats the same size I built mine. The scalloped area inside is separated, so it should fit you just fine. You might want to check that out. I will get you the measurements on the boot sculpt we have going too. That might save you some work.

Well, good news.........got my car back. Actually got it back the next after it was taken (towed) away. However, there is still bad news. My funds are practically depleted and I am VERY low on material. I am thinking about going the smoothcast route since it seems to last a lot longer and in the long run, it's cheaper. Of course, I will still need to save up the money to get it.

THEN there is the pending issue of getting some more accurate files now that there are all sorts of screen shots floating around and I have quite a few of my own. And after reading through the comments in this thread, it appears I am NOT the only female that is in need of the female armor in order to make the female character. :p

Oh, and I almost forgot, there was someone that posted a video tutorial about the smoothcast stuff within the last month or so and I can NOT find his thread anymore! I tried to use the search function, but it's not coming up! D:

Nice to see a new project once again HG, I don't think anyones attempted Kat yet? So you could be making 405th history by being the first Kat ever. I'm currently Getting ready for Armor runs in July and if i finish my Kat Shoulder sculpt by then (Only in the starting now) i'll see if i can slip you a cast for free. but I hope to see this to the end, Good luck HaloGoddess and God speed.

Lee Anderson said:
I'll be working on 3d models for the Kat character in the coming month. I'd be happy to share.

Awesome! That is just totally awesome! :D If you need any other reference shots, let me know because I took a lot and focused more on the female model so that us chic's can have some armor too! :phaha

Boba Fett said:
STEALTH did the smooth-cast thread. It's in his profile too, I believe.

Yeah, I know. I ended up finding after searching page by page in the noob forum. And I discovered why I couldn't find it........I was searching for "smoothon" and "smoothcast" when neither word is part of the topic title. XD I didn't even know who it was that made the thread to begin with because if I did, I would have just went to his profile! haha

Well, it sure has been awhile and now ONCE AGAIN, I am cutting it close. Don't know if I will actually get it finished in time. None of my costumes have been completed and I am getting really bummed out. :(

I just recently was able to finally get some female files and I'm a little bummed that it took so long to finally get some. :\

Well, I'm gonna try one more time to get something cool done for the release of Reach. If I don't finish this, I doubt I am going to try anymore. I have no other reason to wear this stuff and I just want something cool to wear for the release. Also because if I can do it, I get a discount on my copy of Halo Reach Legendary Edition!!! :D

Here is all I have:

ossup5.jpg

1zn1hc9.jpg

Both models were created by Rhinoc, but I edited both of them a bit. I tried to change the knee to look a little more like the live action version of Kat since I really like how that looks. :p

well if your going to get a discount on the legendary edition thats all the motivation you need to finish this! you can do it :p
plus even if you dont finish on time you can always wear it to your next convention!

well if your going to get a discount on the legendary edition thats all the motivation you need to finish this! you can do it :p
plus even if you dont finish on time you can always wear it to your next convention!

I don't really get to go to conventions. :( I've only been to one ONCE in my whole life and that is because it was 30min away from my house. I can't afford to travel anywhere to go to some of the really cool ones.

UPDATE:

Up to this point, I have managed to pep both knee pieces and I have a shoulder complete.........NOT to be confused with the bicep piece. :p I started to pep a bicep piece, but then I tried it on and it's WAY TOO tight and there is no way that it will fit after it becomes hardened. The height seemed right, but everything else is wrong. I am also wanting a bicep piece that is more accurate to the live action version and I know of someone that edited the file to match the live action version. Now if would only post it. XD

And if ANYBODY knows where I could find a good, CHEAP suit for underarmor that would almost match what Kat wears, then let me know!!! I don't know how to find this stuff! XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back