halo reach scout build.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildcard

Hello 405th, im new here and have just started working on my reach scout build. ive made a couple other things in the past so i have a general idea of what im doing, but this is all still pretty new to me. I dont use pepakura and i prefer to build my projects from scratch simply because i feel i have morecontrol over what im doing and it gives me the opportunity to take artistic liberties and make it my own.

heres a couple of my first projects:
Fallout 3 laser rifle
P1000169.jpg

Fallout 3 power armor
P1000171.jpg

After doing a few fallout props i decided to move on to halo. Using the same process i did on my power armor i started off building the scout helmet.

Here's my progress fo far:

P1000135.jpg

P1000132.jpg

And with resin/ fiberglass;

P1000144.jpg

P1000145.jpg
P1000139.jpg

Looks cool with black primer :)
P1000151.jpg

P1000153.jpg

this is where i kinda rushed it...

P1000157.jpg

P1000158.jpg

P1000168.jpg

P1000166.jpg

That's as far as ive gottewn so far, but i may end up tweeking the paint job a bit, maybe using a glossy green rather than ultra flat. but im not sure if i should re- prime it before i do that. either way after i finish the helmet its on to the chest which im looking forward to. so feel free to post any questions, comments or ideas. Any opinions would be appreciated. Thanks!
P1000165.jpg

Wow that is seriously impressive for cardboard! You have some serious skills, also love the fallout suit, it's my favorite suit from any game. Keep up the excellent work and post more pictures! :)

talking about the square shaped holes on the jaw? im actually going to cover those up eventually, but im planning on putting external speakers in the helmet. my friends and i are also planning on getting throat mics or radios so we can talk while wearing our helmets.

Again, amazing work for a cardboard helmet and a nice paint job to boot!

Also, is that a Mosin Nagant you have back there? If it is, you are awesome

Nagants for the win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back