Halo Reach Screens Leaked

Status
Not open for further replies.
MA5K?!?!?!?!? I will roll around onthe floor if thats true. But the pic with the "br" looks like a scpoe on an smg.

On eperson who linked them on mlg forums i believe said there were perks in the new game: sprinting, active camo (like the arbiter in H2) and holograms.

All of these perks sound more like SPI armour rather then Mark V. Remember, the fall of reach happened BEFORE halo 1 so putting extra weapons and stuff we didn't see in halo 1 would be cheating on bungies part, in my opinion.

on the hog looks more like a background, the only other reason is its a spotlight like the ones in ODST that move(not on hogs), mobile search lights for night battle or air-raids, not to unlikely, it is the only thing i can think of that big and could possibly go through the minds of bungie.

link its only theory and i even doubt it :p.

reply to post above. ^

the autumn was only one ship, it had a specific task and just like ocean going ships today it wont have ALL the tech you see in the war, we only saw a small amount of what might be on Reach in the way of tech. in a way though it will feel cheated :p.

That is a good point forgedreclaimer :p

And Reach was the military outpost so i take back what i said and now i say they can put anything they wont in it! Even babies on tricycles with chainguns on the front! YEAH :p

Storyline wise. We pretty much now everything about the fall of reach: the fall of the MAC generators, the forerunner artifact that twisted time and space, Fred and blue team falling out of pelican (which will be awesome to see. maybe they could involve a HIT THE A, HIT THE B, HIT THE X sequence to try not to splat).

As far as the "super needler" goes, there was supposedly a rifle version of the needler used by the covenant. Maybe that's it?

I dont know why I see so many negative comments. These could be the best things we see about the game until the beta. Be hapy with whatcha got. :D

Now, as for the pictures. That new human weapon thingy. Yeah, it looks weird, I totally agree. But what if its crazy powerful?

The Uber-Needler. It could be my favorite weapon. Just so win...

And the Splazer. Someone's gunna mod some pep files for that thing. I know I would.

sierra092 said:
Even babies on tricycles with chainguns on the front! YEAH :p

lol, new super weapon.

or maybe something even more impossible than that... that damn golden hog lol

WAIT... will we finally see the Dr, i know cortona is basically her look alike and her, but we should see the infamous Dr.Halsey

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool so far, That rifle needler is cool! I wander how long the game is gonna be. I don't know if it's based on the book "Fall of Reach"? But it seemed like a pretty short battle...

Just in case anyone is doubting the legitimacy of these photos:

1. You can't mod Halo 3 without a development kit, and even so you can't edit models, so that's out of the question.

2. Looks a lot like the Halo 3 Engine, mainly because of the buckets of bloom everywhere

3. Halo CE and Halo 2 PC probably can't have that kind of smoothness on the models or bloom in the environment unless the creator of these spent a very long time trying to forge them.

So I highly doubt these are illegitimate. That Needler-thing looks pretty sloppy though. They just added a bunch of crap onto a regular Needler and got a new weapon.

Adam said:
Don't see the AR pics... am I blind?

Adam the AR is pictured in the photo of the start menu.

Also I was on Halopedia a a week or two ago looking up vehicles and a Warthog that Mendez used was equipped with a Argent V missile launcher seen on wolverines, perhaps that is what is on the back of the hog and why its so big?

that dome in the background can be found in this concept art for the reach movie though

http://host.trivialbeing.org/up/halo-aug12-movie-concept-2.jpg

That needler carbine looks familiar from somewhere.

OH MY GOD! i just realized something! What the hell is the gun on that warthog? it almost looks like a missilepod?

flame_4render.jpg

Thank you Adam!

Yeah, that totally is it in the photo. I got too tired and forgot about this thread for little..

all i can say is OMFG. if this is what the game looks like it will b so nice im in love!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, so I'm not sure I've seen all the shots, but to me, the most exciting thing is the "new" battle rifle. I'm going to present you guys with some logic. See if this makes sense to you.

1. It has a larger scope. This means, guaranteed zoom capability.

2. Zoom capability (in real life anyways) implies a larger caliber round to travel that extra distance.

3. Longer range, zoom capability, and bigger bullet means one thing.

4. Sniper Rifle aka Sniping capability

I'm not sure about you guys, but I really like the sniper rifle. I'm, of course, not very good with it, but I love the concept of being able to take out foes with 1-2 rounds. If this thing lives up to it's image, it will have that kind of capability. And that's gonna be my baby if it does :p

Adam said:
Don't see the AR pics... am I blind?

Background of one that's a start menu

But seriously.

SINGLE SHOT BR FTW.

Don't anyone dare try to bash the visual style of this game. The last thing it wants to be is realistic. The first thing it wants to be is cool. I came to terms with this when Halo ComEvo came out.

What's with all these hangups on realism though? Realism to me just seems to be an excuse for the concept artists to sit back and get paid to do nothing. There's just no thought out into realism in games beyond trying to replicate what we see and feel every day. What we see and feel every day is BORING. Isn't that why we play games in the first place? That's why MW2 is the first COD I'll have ever bought. It's fictional.

/wrant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back