Props Halo Reach Sniper Rifle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lt.Dan

Combination of EVA Foam with a plywood core and aluminum barrel. It'll take the hat of an elite at 2000 yards...and it ain't cheap.

Halo reach sniper rifle.jpg

That's awesome! Love the quote:D (I think it would be funny if Noble 6 looked at Jun and said, "You know I did go to basic training?" after explaining how the sniper works).

okay first the quote at the top is Jun talking about the ammo not the rifle.
second I've built one of this baby's and well is the mag removable or is it fixed to the rifle, and the same for the scope.

Combination of EVA Foam with a plywood core and aluminum barrel. It'll take the hat of an elite at 2000 yards...and it ain't cheap.

View attachment 257671

Well, here's my nerd moment for today:
The SRS99 Sniper rifle uses 14,5 x 114 APFSDS rounds, that's even bigger than 50cal, which is 12,7 x 99mm! It's potentially self sharpening trough armor penetration and could deliver incendiary and HE rounds or guided bullets as well.
So Jun is probably telling the truth here.

Only thing to trump this would be 20mm anti tank rifles...:eek:

Looks badass for sure! (y)

second I've built one of this baby's and well is the mag removable or is it fixed to the rifle, and the same for the scope.

I stand corrected.;)

Well, here's my nerd moment for today:
The SRS99 Sniper rifle uses 14,5 x 114 APFSDS rounds, that's even bigger than 50cal, which is 12,7 x 99mm! It's potentially self sharpening trough armor penetration and could deliver incendiary and HE rounds or guided bullets as well.
So Jun is probably telling the truth here.

Only thing to trump this would be 20mm anti tank rifles...:eek:

Looks badass for sure! (y)

*Sobbing "I didn't call Jun a liar!!! :eek::p

Oh, and to piggyback on foxleader's question, does the bolt move? (Even though this thing is awesome regardless)

just a side note for you DON'T put a functioning safety on it... had a cop friend ask me about my rifle and was like "dude if your going to do a photo shoot make sure you have the safety on its just good logic, even if its not loaded." him thinking at the time was real, before I pulled the barrel off it in front of him to cut a piece of pipe (that we had just brought in) and made another barrel, and slide it in the rifle and told him to hold it for a second so I could get some tape so I could mark off areas. needless to say he got the idea after that, now he wants a m90 with a custom paint job... I've only made three of those and I don't like them.

The mag is removable. And yes I was paraphrasing lol

Looks great dude! I'm in the middle of making one myself, maybe we can compare notes ;)
Yeah totally. My biggest recommendation is that you use some sort of wood core that goes all the way to the stock of the piece that way you have a sturdy structure and something to attach the barrel to. It allows you to press it into your shoulder and you can guarantee the barrel is always straight, cause that's a pet peeve of mine when the barrel isn't straight on my props lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back