Status
Not open for further replies.
WHAT ARE THOSE???!
20210809_192435.jpg

20210809_192510.jpg

I love them! What a shame I can't wear these at work.

There's a healthy amount of clearance between the plastic and the floor so I can walk pretty normally.
View attachment 308749
Just need to keep my toes from dipping to far down when I step and all is good!
Just be careful not to kick the riser when going up stairs! That was the hardest part for me when getting used to wearing boots with an extra shell on them.

That's what I'll be doing soon! I'm worried I won't be able to get my foot out of it once it's in
I measured and edited the model for a few days before printing the first one. I didn't want to sacrifice the overall look by scaling them in a funny direction. Thankfully I can point my foot far enough to slide them on. This is where printing sizing rings helped, pick the most narrow section and print a few millimeters to see if it fits.

Thinking of ways to take my self from a 5'7" itty-bitty baby spartan to a slightly more intimidating 5'10" "I thought you'd be taller" spartan. Definitely want to avoid stilts or platforms so some sort of heel insole is on the drawing board. I'll have to test how the spartan boots do when walking around as if I were in high heels!

Looks like the belt will need to be a little bigger as it seems out of proportion and is kinda tight to wear now.
20210813_144127.jpg
I'll start rigging something to hold the lower legs higher once the knee pads are out. In game they are independent of the other pieces of armor and stay attached to the knee when moving so I'd also like to emulate this.

I've started to edit the belt in sketchup, adding more polygons, hollowing out the sides to hopefully save print time and just making it a whole lot less blocky. After messing around in blender it seem this is the same as the .blend file available from The Armory.

I like the belt / cod piece done by Moe but I cant seem to find it or a similar quality file where the butt plate isn't separated and missing the back portion of the belt. I know that with the pouch strapped to my backside no one would notice this area missing, what little OCD I have is driving me to do a complete belt.
Still no progress actually learning to model in blender so I'm just sticking with what I know in google sketchup!

20210819_155829.jpg

Getting around to actually finishing off a print! I'm going to be sure to clean up some of the details and make sure everything moves smoothly. I have and idea for a holster/ hip mount that will hopefully integrate into the right side of the handle without being to prominent. Ive also settled on a CE/ Halo 3 themed chrome and polymer color scheme so I'm excited to try all this out!

Screenshot (24).png
Ideally the pegs on the left mount will prevent the magnum from falling and magnets inserted into the four holes will keep it from moving in other directions. Same idea that those fancy groove belts use. No magnets yet but in a few minutes we will see if the mount is worth them.

Screenshot (25).png
An immediate revision. The hooks on the first one were poorly designed and small. Im hoping that 4mm pegs will give enough support against it sheering off the mount.

The pegs are 91% the diameter of the holes they will fit with and should have little tolerance when inserted. Writing this down so I dont forget!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back