Halo Reach Undersuit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfcapozella

Ive been looking for where I could buy a Halo Reach undersuit, but I haven’t had any luck. It seems like the only undersuit available is the ones from Halo 4 and 5.

My question is, does anyone know where I can find one? From what I can tell they don’t exist. Do other people with Mark V armor just wear black spandex underneath instead?

Those members who have gone for an accurate Reach style undersuit have had to custom make them by modifying some existing items. Like you said, the people making the dye sublimated undersuit only do the Halo 4 and 5 style, but many of those makers are willing to take commissions for new styles and patterns, so you could always inquire about a Reach style one.

If you wanted to do your own, you could recreate the details between chest and cod, and above the thighs by painting on a black undersuit or recreating the details with foam, vinyl, or another faveix glue or sewn in. CommanderPalmer should have a thread about how she made her Halo 4 undersuit and the me this can be adopted and modified for Reach.

Those members who have gone for an accurate Reach style undersuit have had to custom make them by modifying some existing items. Like you said, the people making the dye sublimated undersuit only do the Halo 4 and 5 style, but many of those makers are willing to take commissions for new styles and patterns, so you could always inquire about a Reach style one.

If you wanted to do your own, you could recreate the details between chest and cod, and above the thighs by painting on a black undersuit or recreating the details with foam, vinyl, or another faveix glue or sewn in. CommanderPalmer should have a thread about how she made her Halo 4 undersuit and the me this can be adopted and modified for Reach.

The Halo Reach under suit is a lot more uniform in colour and texture with large sections of solid blacks and grays. You can go with the hexagonal texture as the main fabric choice but it'd start looking weird unless it's used sparingly.

electricknite has an awesome Reach under suit tutorial that inspired the one I made. As far as I can tell from the various screen shots and cinematics there's not much closer you can get without some sort of sorcery or technology from the 2500's.

oh TurboCharizard you love advertising my build don't you? haha I'm still lurking and I've noticed.
But the Build that you keep referencing is the concept art version, not the in-game version. The game accurate one is in my recent build here though its not as well documented, the techniques are pretty much the same as the concept art suit.
jfcapozella they both require a decent amount of sewing skill but I'll always be an advocate for learning something new.

This is more than likely what I plan on doing. I might look into getting a custom sublimated undersuit, but I’m probably more focused on frugality than accuracy at my current state. A custom undersuit SOUNDS expensive, and also Id benefit from making my own pieces. The Halo Reach undersuits are relatively simple compared to Halo 4 or 5’s, so I shouldn’t have too much trouble.

The Halo Reach under suit is a lot more uniform in colour and texture with large sections of solid blacks and grays. You can go with the hexagonal texture as the main fabric choice but it'd start looking weird unless it's used sparingly.

electricknite has an awesome Reach under suit tutorial that inspired the one I made. As far as I can tell from the various screen shots and cinematics there's not much closer you can get without some sort of sorcery or technology from the 2500's.

electricknite’s undersuit is absolutely crazy! I don’t have a sewing machine or a serger at the moment so it would make hardcore sewing like that much more time consuming and difficult. I actually had a hard time finding progress pictures of your undersuit, but your armor lighting and knife look awesome! I might be the guy who ends up just gluing panels onto my suit to make it look more like the undersuit from the game. Also something I didn’t know before until reading some of your build log is that the character model is slightly different in the campaign than it is in multiplayer..

oh TurboCharizard you love advertising my build don't you? haha I'm still lurking and I've noticed.
But the Build that you keep referencing is the concept art version, not the in-game version. The game accurate one is in my recent build here though its not as well documented, the techniques are pretty much the same as the concept art suit.
jfcapozella they both require a decent amount of sewing skill but I'll always be an advocate for learning something new.

I couldn’t really find any reference images of the undersuit! I guess parts underneath the armor dont really matter that much anyways though. You are seriously amazing at what you do by the way. I know how to sew, I just really suck at it. I think Im going to do a ducktape dummy of parts that need to be form fitting and sewn though, like the neckseal.

I couldn’t really find any reference images of the undersuit! I guess parts underneath the armor dont really matter that much anyways though. You are seriously amazing at what you do by the way. I know how to sew, I just really suck at it. I think Im going to do a ducktape dummy of parts that need to be form fitting and sewn though, like the neckseal.

So uh, I went to the Halo Museum this weekend and when I'm back on my big computer box where I can properly post and upload stuff I went to town taking pictures of the life sized statues, uniforms and other things for reference.

So uh, I went to the Halo Museum this weekend and when I'm back on my big computer box where I can properly post and upload stuff I went to town taking pictures of the life sized statues, uniforms and other things for reference.

Awesome! Anything can help, but I probably won’t be going too in depth. I was told today that as long as it looks good from 10 feet away then it’ll look good on camera.

There's a halo museum?

I found this picture on an internet search. It's from here on the 405th, but not sure who to give credit for it.
701224ca.png

I like it and think it looks good, but like I say, can't find the thread or owner of it.

Last edited:
I found this picture on an internet search. It's fromhee on the 405th, but not sure who to give credit for it.
View attachment 259525

I like it and think it looks good, but like I say, can't find the thread or owner of it.

It looks awesome but it also looks like a pain to wear. I like the aesthetic and beefing up of the body but not being able to rotate your torso freely seems like a terrible way to spend the day. There's also the consideration that there's going to be zero air movement around your core wearing something like that which will heat you up and the air gap around you making everything extremely sweaty and heat-strokey real quick if you're trooping in anywhere above 20°C and you don't have an active cooling system.

... I wonder if there's a way we can overcome that. There's got to be a stiff fabric out there that breathes and still looks good......... Gimme a little bit, I'm still on the armor stage of my costume. Being game accurate is difficult, you know!? (Especially when you have a ton or warpage to fix...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back