Halo: The Fallen (Short Film)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I'm addicted to that kind of stuff. I know you probably have a tight budget, so I won't ask for anything except a title credit. I can also do titles btw. my work is top notch I assure you. the training I received is internet based, but he has worked on many movies, including Super 8. I get most of my After Effects training from Andrew Kramer @ Videocopilot.net. Assuming I'll have my suit done by the time you get to work on this, do you mind if my Spartan is in a scene? I'm making a video also, and would love to tie mine in with yours too. :D

I think I'm addicted to that kind of stuff. I know you probably have a tight budget, so I won't ask for anything except a title credit. I can also do titles btw. my work is top notch I assure you. the training I received is internet based, but he has worked on many movies, including Super 8. I get most of my After Effects training from Andrew Kramer @ Videocopilot.net. Assuming I'll have my suit done by the time you get to work on this, do you mind if my Spartan is in a scene? I'm making a video also, and would love to tie mine in with yours too. :D

Me too! Video co-pilot is pretty boss. I've been dabbling in AE. Working on rotoscoping right now. Tedious work, but I can't wait to see the final results.

Wouldn't it be awesome if all the halo fan films gave nods to each other? Like.. creating a fan-made "Canon" for other fan films to look to? or adding "easter eggs" so to speak, like putting a screenshot poster on the wall of Helljumper', or having a radio blurb about something. I'm super excited for The Fallen. I know whenever it comes out, it's going to rock. Even if it doesn't make a nod, I know that if I ever make my own fan film, I'm definitely going to nod at the fan films that are already laying out groundwork for the rest of us.

Me too! Video co-pilot is pretty boss. I've been dabbling in AE. Working on rotoscoping right now. Tedious work, but I can't wait to see the final results.

Wouldn't it be awesome if all the halo fan films gave nods to each other? Like.. creating a fan-made "Canon" for other fan films to look to? or adding "easter eggs" so to speak, like putting a screenshot poster on the wall of Helljumper', or having a radio blurb about something. I'm super excited for The Fallen. I know whenever it comes out, it's going to rock. Even if it doesn't make a nod, I know that if I ever make my own fan film, I'm definitely going to nod at the fan films that are already laying out groundwork for the rest of us.

While logistics of production rule out any major collaborative effort as far as short films go, a nod or two definitely might make its way in there. Perhaps something like "Midnight in the Heart of Midlothian"'s nod to "Prototype". We'll see what makes its way in when shooting actually starts. ;)

Edit: A quick little mashup of two teaser images.
428117_10101019513852873_1234605_62774704_1626868042_n.jpg

Edit:
Resized version for forum signatures

fallenbanner.gif

"Hey, what's up? Andrew Kramer here for Videocopilot.net."lol for me, it started out with the lightsaber effects from Star Wars, and then I kinda got into it, and then I was researching around for tutorials, then I found Videocopliot!!! :D I have action essentials 2!! that stuff is top notch, easy to use tools!! if anybody's curious to the videos I have created, check out my YouTube channel here: TVFilms, Inc. Productions' YouTube Channel

Last edited by a moderator:
@Trooper0621:
I'd love me some nods. Let the easter egg hunt begin! XD

@SpartanT117:
Remember, this is The Fallen's thread. Don't derail it by advertising your own videos here.

sorry but i was the one that started that. plus i'm going to be putting nods into my film/show. let me put it this way, we won't be expecting them.

Foxleader and SpartanT117, can you two please keep the discussion you two are having here in PM, please.

You guys are kinda getting of topic, here.

Back on topic.

I can't wait to see the new trailer!

been doing that for like 18 messages ago.

but still if the fallen is going to be based on halo one, why is dafrontlinetrooper sending you a grenade launcher it's not in the frist game that was reach.

Well he is sending it due to other reasons it will not be in the film. maybe used in other shorts or teasers if we decide to do any more. we are keeping to cannon on what weapons where on the first game

My apologies to everyone viewing this thread, I shouldn't have hijacked. I'm sorry.

back on topic: The photo mash-up looks great for a trailer poster/box art!!!! looks awesome, wish I had as many staff and people backing me up on my own things as y'all have, keep up the great work!!

i see only one problem with the photo, the elitle is too shiny for a elitle minor heck look at the brute minor he was a lot darker, am i right.

Re: The Grenade Launcher

Reach takes place prior to the events of Halo, so it would be reasonable if a grenade launcher did appear.

"The M319 IGL (more formally Individual Grenade Launcher, Caliber 40mm, M319) is a single shot, break-action, grenade launcher firing 40mm ammunition. Because of its simplicity, ruggedness, and firepower, the M319 has been a mainstay within the UNSC Army’s arsenal since its official adoption in 2263."
-http://www.bungie.net/projects/reach/article.aspx?ucc=ordnance&cid=25434

If we choose to utilize it in the film, it would be within canon for it to appear. As seen at the end of Halo: Reach, the Marines of the Pillar of Autumn were using scavanged Army material as needed, and it wouldn't be unreasonable to figure they snagged a few grenade launchers.

It is my goal to remain true to the canon of the universe first, with the most recent games and written material surpassing the older games, which have more limitations in presenting the Halo universe due to their format and age. I also want to be sure to give our Director and creative team plenty of room to bring their own unique touch to the project.

Great examples are the Halo live action shorts, particularly Landfall and We Are ODST. They did not rigidly adhere to the games, but they stuck close enough that it was instantly recognizable and a fitting tribute.

Now, enjoy this WIP shot and another little banner dealio!

417510_323483017686794_195335357168228_864496_733529174_n.jpg

"The first and only screenshot we'll be showing of the Visual FX Teaser until we release it. We still have a lot of work to go but until then, hope you all like it!"

426298_10101020663089793_1234605_62778252_2070608_n.jpg

Colors and such on the Pelican, Elite Minor, etc. will be tweaked in post-production, so these are not final products. We do appreciate the feedback and will keep it in consideration though. :)

I think this is turning out awesome. You can definitely use the grenade launcher. Anyone paying attention to the timeline of the games would know that it existed during halo 1. Also, the Elite looks dope. I love the lighting as it is pictureed because its in the open where the full brightness of the sun would be reflected on it. Keep up the great work guys. I'm getting all pumped about it...lol

Tony

i see only one problem with the photo, the elitle is too shiny for a elitle minor heck look at the brute minor he was a lot darker, am i right.
Dude, it's just a teaser. Quit trying to find things wrong with every update and just enjoy them.

I wouldn't mind seeing the grenade launcher in action, guys!

okay you want me to say something nice the pelican looks great is it like that of halo 2 or halo reach?

EDIT: Of course I know this isn't the final product and isn't going to be perfect, just pointing out some things I see need work, just in case he hasn't found them out already. I am not bashing anyone's work, as it is way better than I could do, just trying to help a fellow halo-lover out. I would want someone to do this to my work, in fact, a few people have, there's nothing wrong with it, it's always good to have an extra pair of eyes looking and giving your own opinion, so that the final result is the very best that it can be.

Looks like a very good render Trooper, but you may want to work on the shading of your Pelican model, the shader light isn't coming in strong enough. if you compare your composite layers to each other, you'll notice the sunlight is on the trooper's backs, while they are facing the Pelican. there should be minimal shadows on that face of the Pelican, the sunlight is very bright in this composite, therefore, shadow should be very minimal underneath the wing and other protruding faces. you may also want to ramp up your specular highlight. Other than that, it looks absolutely great, cannot wait for another update!!! :D Keep up the absolutely fantastic work, y'all are really hauling with this project! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back