HaloGoddess' "How To Scale" and More Tutorial

Status
Not open for further replies.
When in doubt, start small. Got for the hands first. Those are relatively simple. After that, go for the boots. Then the shins, thighs, cod, gauntlets, shoulders, chest, and back. The helmet can be done with normal pep, or you can attempt it out of EVA, but save it until the end until you know how to do the rest. But, start with the least-piece part for the foam.

I measured the height of my thigh and it was 279mm. So I put it in. It says that the width is 188mm well my leg width 510mm.. How does one solve this problem so that it fits around my leg, not it's length?

this all works until i get to the chest and codpiece, then they become freakishly huge and dont fit on the pages. am i doing something wrong?

this all works until i get to the chest and codpiece, then they become freakishly huge and dont fit on the pages. am i doing something wrong?

is it possible that the chest and cod piece were unfolded by someone else? The difference could be from that. I ran into that in an earlier build.

I have a cod piece that was unfolded by HaloGoddess and was model by the DigitalFix (the female Reach one the was in the 405th pep pack 1.7) and I am having the same problem. I re-sized it like she said in the tutorial and it gets huge.... I have a 37 inch waist or in MM it is 939.8. how do I fix this every time I try a different place to put my measurement the page just puts every thing on like 3 pages for on piece.

Edit: it also happens to my Chest Piece using the reach one.

I am a Noob.... and in need of Help. please.... Thanks

This reply will apply to both of these questions...

I have a cod piece that was unfolded by HaloGoddess and was model by the DigitalFix (the female Reach one the was in the 405th pep pack 1.7) and I am having the same problem. I re-sized it like she said in the tutorial and it gets huge.... I have a 37 inch waist or in MM it is 939.8. how do I fix this every time I try a different place to put my measurement the page just puts every thing on like 3 pages for on piece.

Edit: it also happens to my Chest Piece using the reach one.

I am a Noob.... and in need of Help. please.... Thanks

I'm assuming that the 37 inches is the circumference of your waist (the measurement you get when you wrap a measuring tape around your waist). This is not the measurement you want to use. You will need to use the width of your waist (the measurement from one hip straight to your other hip). One way to do think about this is to place your hands on your hips, then move your hands away from your body, keeping them the same distance apart. Looking at your hands now, the distance between your hands is what you need to measure and use.
Pepakura does not take circumference into account, ever. Hope this helps.

A good reminder that you are not suspose to bend the measuring tape or what ever your using to measure with.

I have a craftsmans board that has hundreds of little squares on it. I jujst stand againts it hanging on a wall and then take a photo of myself. I then measure the squares as they are all 10mm Squared. I use it for everything including my head for helmets.

This reply will apply to both of these questions...

I'm assuming that the 37 inches is the circumference of your waist (the measurement you get when you wrap a measuring tape around your waist). This is not the measurement you want to use. You will need to use the width of your waist (the measurement from one hip straight to your other hip). One way to do think about this is to place your hands on your hips, then move your hands away from your body, keeping them the same distance apart. Looking at your hands now, the distance between your hands is what you need to measure and use.
Pepakura does not take circumference into account, ever. Hope this helps.

This was a big help thanks for helping this noob out.

When I hit print it says: The size of paper specified by Pepakura Designer is not the same as Printer Setting

Then it asks if I want to adjust scale. What do I do?

Click "no" and delete the print job. Then go into your print settings and make sure that they match what you see in the 2D side of the Pep window (IE, if the paper is set up in landscape on the 2d window, make sure it's set up for landscape in the print settings, etc). Also make sure that the print settings are set up for the correct type of paper (Letter for the US, A4 for just about everywhere else). Likely, what's happening is that your print settings are not matching up with either the pep window or the paper size of your printer.

top notch!

this forum is great im using to size my first helmet and its easy to understand. So in conclusion thanks a ton and keep up the good work!

Very Useful Tips

This is an AWESOME post. Thank you so much. I've been using HaloGoddess's scaling method and it is working out very well for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back