HaloGoddess' "How To Scale" and More Tutorial

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome stuff, great job. Will help me loads, sticky worthy imo!

EDIT: A quick question. The Reach Mark V biceps and forearms are different to the Mark VI. Thinking from off of the top of my head, I'm sure the forearm doesn't overlap the elbow (I may be wrong). Where would you recommend measuring to so that you would get an accurate and comfortable fit.

As for the biceps, you just gotta look at how they actually appear then figure out where/how you would measure and then determine on your own body where you would want them. That is what I have always done and I think I even mentioned it in the "tip" area for the forearm.

As for the biceps, you just gotta look at how they actually appear then figure out where/how you would measure and then determine on your own body where you would want them. That is what I have always done and I think I even mentioned it in the "tip" area for the forearm.

Thanks for the reply. And I figured that would be the best way to do it but it's always better to get a second opinion to reduce wasting card and ink, right? :D

Hey, awesome tutorial, but im still a little curious on the waist. Do you have any other advice on the scaling of the waist, or should I just scale it as best as I can and hope for the best? (thats been my strategy so far :p)

Hey, awesome tutorial, but im still a little curious on the waist. Do you have any other advice on the scaling of the waist, or should I just scale it as best as I can and hope for the best? (thats been my strategy so far :p)

Exactly what problems are you having for the waist?

Yes that is what I mean

Well there are 2 cases in which this could happen.

A. It was not unfolded properly or whoever unfolded the model didn't unfold it all the way.

OR

B. There are SOME cases in which this can occur because if the model includes a "support strut" to help hold the shape of the pep piece, those struts get big to the point where they take up more than one page and this can NOT be avoided so you will have to just cut out the pieces from each piece of paper and then tape them together.

OMG it's about time someone posted a new TUT! The old one did well for the files of that time, but with the new pep files, i found scaling to be quite difficult using the old technique. I haven't tried this one yet, and probably never will, but that you so much!

let me start off by saying thank you for this tut.I was skeptical but then I used the method on a helmet then,BLAM I was a believer.(lol)Anyway I need your take on something.I am about to make my MK V (b) shoulder plate and im going to use forged reclaimers file (great file easy,detailed,and simple).The one thing is he has the little piece that is on the top of the shoulder inside the shoulder peice making it shorter than it actualy is supposed to be .How much do you figure ill have to add or take away to the scale to competsate?THANKS

This is going to help me loads, just as you mentioned. First build will (hopefully) encounter no scaling issues!
~fingers crossed~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back