Halogoddess's Hayabusa Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
I decided to start working on something else.............the scabbard to hold my sword on my back. :p

For now, I just modeled some sculpy clay and stuck that to the back of the chest plate so I can work on getting the proper angle:

16c1h6g.jpg

211nf4k.jpg

Now, I have worked MANY times with scuply clay, but NEVER in a fashion such as this. I intend to have this bolted to the back of the chestplate, but once sculpy clay is hardened, it's usually not the most durable thing. I think if I try to put a bolt through it, it wil crumble and fall apart, and even if it miraculously didn't, I don't think it would stand up to the weight of holding the sword.

Is there anybody who has had any success using sculpy clay in a fashion similar to this?

I have thought about hardening this one, then was thinking about using it to somehow create a mold that is MORE durable and won't break apart when I put bolts through it AND will stand up to the weight of my sword.

Is there anybody that I could MAYBE send the hardened piece to that could create a molded copy that is durable enough for what I need it for and then send everything back? :eek I will pay for all the shipping costs. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I have two toilets in my bathroom. One per usual and one I seem to throw all my money into. :D I can't count how much I've wasted on projects, but I've got a couple that are worth there weight in gold to me. You're too close to stop and it will probably look better being a little snug. Sucks about the chestplate. I'm sure one of us could help you with it. Just remember, it's not the destination, it's the journey, but it is nice to show off when you get there. :D

Sculpey clay, unless I'm mistaken, was intended to make castings for reproducing the work in a different medium. So, your best bet is to try making a negative of the part once you have it carved out of the clay, then using something way stronger to make the actual part for. Especially when you're mounting something with so much mechanical advantage as a sword and scabbard have. Molding and casting something rugged like that is no quick process. You may want to just wander through your neigborhood hardware store, and you might find something that you like. Something that would fit your project after a little dremel work, and a coat or two of paint.

OR... you can make the same part out of some fiberglass reinforced bondo (available at any autoparts store), but mold it around a peice of bent steel, like that metal plumbers straping stuff with the holes in it.

Quick and simple solution, you can go to Lowes or Home Depot, get yourself an aluminum bar about 1/8" thick. bend it to shape in a vice and drill holes to bolt it to the back piece.

Another simple solution, bring the sculpy part with you for size and shape reference and fins a towel holder or door handle that matches the similar size and shape. I know I have seen metal handles roughly that size and shape and then you can just bolt that on. If you want you can even disguise the join by covering it with two part plumbers epoxy.

Well currently, my chestplate is gone...........and so is my sword. It's location is mysterious and is, at this time, unknown. ;) Updates on this later.......MUCH later.

Anyhoo, I have edited the female forearm file that is my thread of armor I unfolded for females and I did this after hoppin on Halo 3, going in the theater and zooming in on the forearm. Once I did that, I noticed some stuff that was off so I decided to do a few simple edits and change it up. I also changed the opening for the wrist too.

I will post pictures once I am done which shouldn't be too much longer.

Oh yeah, and I like super glue now. :p

Hey I found your chest piece, apparently some guy stole it, but don't worry his fed-ex uniform didn't fool me!!!! I beat him up and took it back for you ;p

Here's whats up so far

26120_1294229353119_1151861815_3069.jpg

26120_1294229593125_1151861815_3069.jpg

26120_1294229713128_1151861815_3069.jpg

26120_1294230073137_1151861815_3069.jpg

26120_1294230873157_1151861815_3069.jpg

26120_1294236513298_1151861815_3069.jpg

26120_1294236833306_1151861815_3069.jpg

I also have video of today's builds including this one uploading as we type/read :)

i thought your pics with the chest and shoulders looked really good. I can understand it not being comfortable, I used to make metal armor for renfair, when not padded properly it cuts skin after a few minutes of walking.

Linehaler said:
You gotta be happy with that smoothed look so far HaloGoddess?

Of course! I just didn't expect that he was going to do so much work to it. :eek I'm quite surprised! :pThis last video he posted is all I know of as fas as to what he has done to it. I haven't seen much more.

Well I got some bad news........

Looks like my chestplate won't be finished in time. I will get the standard MK VI chestplate, but the hayabusa add on won't be there unless I can scratch build something REAL fast. That is doubtful.

My computer is currently fried and I am using my fiance's computer to type this. We recently had a bad thunderstorm and the power cut out while my computer was on. When I turned it back on, something had happened to it. Thie personal security thing has taken over my computer and all my desktop icons have disappeared and I can not access anything! I can't look at my control panel, run my virus stuff or anything. My fiance is working on trying to fix it.

Also, I wanted to go to the convention on the 15th but it loos like I will be go on the 16th instead since it's a sunday and I will have that day off work and since I can't afford to miss a day of work, I will just go on sunday and that way I can work on the saturday that was going to be meant so that I could go to the convention.

So, until my computer is fixed, I won't be able to show any pictures of what I got going so far.

BUT, I can tell you what I got.........

I had to redo my thigh pieces. That sucks. However, it allowed me to go ahead and edit the thigh pieces and change the model a bit. Those are about ready to be resined. Both shins have been hardened. They need to be sanded and painted. Helmet is NOWHERE near being done. It still needs to be resined, hardened and detail added. Then I still need to build another forearm. The bad weather is keeping me from getting stuff done. :(

So yeah, that's about it.

HaloGoddess said:
Well I got some bad news........

Looks like my chestplate won't be finished in time. I will get the standard MK VI chestplate, but the hayabusa add on won't be there unless I can scratch build something REAL fast. That is doubtful.

My computer is currently fried and I am using my fiance's computer to type this. We recently had a bad thunderstorm and the power cut out while my computer was on. When I turned it back on, something had happened to it. Thie personal security thing has taken over my computer and all my desktop icons have disappeared and I can not access anything! I can't look at my control panel, run my virus stuff or anything. My fiance is working on trying to fix it.

Also, I wanted to go to the convention on the 15th but it loos like I will be go on the 16th instead since it's a sunday and I will have that day off work and since I can't afford to miss a day of work, I will just go on sunday and that way I can work on the saturday that was going to be meant so that I could go to the convention.

So, until my computer is fixed, I won't be able to show any pictures of what I got going so far.

BUT, I can tell you what I got.........

I had to redo my thigh pieces. That sucks. However, it allowed me to go ahead and edit the thigh pieces and change the model a bit. Those are about ready to be resined. Both shins have been hardened. They need to be sanded and painted. Helmet is NOWHERE near being done. It still needs to be resined, hardened and detail added. Then I still need to build another forearm. The bad weather is keeping me from getting stuff done. :(

So yeah, that's about it.

Sorry to here that about the chest I know how the crunch is I am trying to get all my armor done before the 27th of this month. Oh and about your computer if you get it into safe mode and install Malware-bytes and run that it might clear it off if not the machine will have to be wiped to get that personal security malware off. I deal with it at work quite often mostly have to wipe the machines here.

Okay, I am back in business! :p

Alright, since I had to redo my thighs due to them not fitting I ended up editing Crackhead09's HD MKVI thigh pieces and made quite a few adjustments. Since Mr. Streeper sent me some laytex pieces for the inner thighs, I left out the pep part for the inner thighs and since that was removed, I included 4 support brackets to help hold the shape so they don't warp.

My awesome set up! LOL

2rcly8j.jpg

Then since I am having a slight issue with my forearms, I decided that I would try and fiberglass ONLY the area around the wrist so that I can get my hand through. I will rondo the rest.

34sgyv5.jpg

Then of course, I still have to finish up the boots. The one that has already been painted with primer just needed a touch up and the other one still needed the rondo so I did that today too.

33p8nyt.jpg

I am STILL trying to hunt down buckles and straps. I checked some stores online that I thought would carry the stuff, but it all says ONLINE ONLY! :( Where in the hell am I supposed to buy that stuff? I don't want to order it. I like to go to the store and pick it up myself.

I would check with your local army surplus store. They should have lots of webbing, buckles, adjuster etc. I know that is where I can find all of mine.

HaloGoddess said:
Okay, I am back in business! :p

Alright, since I had to redo my thighs due to them not fitting I ended up editing Crackhead09's HD MKVI thigh pieces and made quite a few adjustments. Since Mr. Streeper sent me some laytex pieces for the inner thighs, I left out the pep part for the inner thighs and since that was removed, I included 4 support brackets to help hold the shape so they don't warp.

My awesome set up! LOL

2rcly8j.jpg

Then since I am having a slight issue with my forearms, I decided that I would try and fiberglass ONLY the area around the wrist so that I can get my hand through. I will rondo the rest.

34sgyv5.jpg

Then of course, I still have to finish up the boots. The one that has already been painted with primer just needed a touch up and the other one still needed the rondo so I did that today too.

33p8nyt.jpg

I am STILL trying to hunt down buckles and straps. I checked some stores online that I thought would carry the stuff, but it all says ONLINE ONLY! :( Where in the hell am I supposed to buy that stuff? I don't want to order it. I like to go to the store and pick it up myself.

Walmarts outdoors dept. has straps with buckles attached.

Ya know, I did this some time ago and I don't think I ever showed how it turned out.

Since these are shoes that I don't really wear out anymore, I didn't really care about shoving a couple of nails into the thick, rubber sole of the shoe. :pI put it on and walked around the house to check how well it works and it held up pretty good.

A picture showing the nails:

17tgjk.jpg

Finished pictures:

jh6dci.jpg

9zvyv.jpg

I am working on the other toe right now as I type this. It's sitting outside and it should be ready to get the black wash done and paint the front of the toe black. :)

Halogoddess, not sure if you have one up north where you are, but JoAnn fabrics also carry nylon strapping and the quick release plastic buckles. Just an idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back