Halogoddess's Hayabusa Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
i agree with everyone else just rerondo it as for the thighs yes they should be a little higher you can cut a small line on the inner thigh part and resin some elastic to each side of the inside like this[attachment=16006:untitled.JPG]

NEW HELMET! :D

You might need to look at a previous picture to see the helmet that I WAS going to use, but lately, ForgedReclaimer decided to attempt the task of remodeling a NEW hayabusa helmet to my standards, and yes, those standards were a bit high since I want thi helmet to be perfect. :p

The helmet that I originally built was Skupilkinson's model, but after looking closer to the mini hayabusa helmet model made by McFarlane, I decided that I wanted a different helmet.

MAJOR props and thanks go out to ForgedReclaimer for the original remodel and to AceHigh for trying to edit it a little more for me then ForgedReclaimer reworked it a bit then I stepped in a changed a few minor things then did the smooth unfold as well. The file is NOT available at this time. I also like to call this model: Hayabusa Goddess Edition. lol I dubbed it that due to the fact that it was the name ForgedReclaimer had given it when he first did it and I liked it so I stuck with it. XD haha

The build at the time of this post is obviously not finished yet, but will be soon. I am taking my time to ensure that the folds are perfect and that everything lines up just right. Since some of the tabs to glue were very slim, nearly sliver like, I used tape to hold it in place while it dried so that it didn't come undone and also put a lot of glue over the tab area on the backside to ensure a better hold.

I wanted to keep this a secret until the build was finished, but I was just too excited about it and wanted to share what I got so far so here are some pictures for your enjoyment. :p

You will also notice that the top center spike is more "streamline" and doesn't stick up. It looks more sleek. :pYou will also see the new detailed areas that have been included with this model that neither of the other hayabusa models have.

20hahqu.jpg

24ywsck.jpg

A nice backview showing the spikes coming up over the helmet:

t01c2p.jpg

Take note of how you can see the individual spikes from this view compared to Skup's model:

212z7l4.jpg

Side vent detail:

2q8px8m.jpg

4rxojq.jpg

I like it. Props to the guys for the new model, and great job on the build so far. I like how the side vents towards the rear are incorporated into the model. Looks good!

Wow Goddess! Looking good! Forged did a great job. I love his models, his attention to detail is fantastic and he is so open and willing to do so much for so many people!

As usual your work is excellent. I like how your build is focused on building a suit that is tailored to your specifications, in both sizing and aesthetically. And I must say that your pep folds are CRISPY. Great work. I am truly looking forward to seeing the finished product.

HaloGoddess said:
NEW HELMET! :D

You might need to look at a previous picture to see the helmet that I WAS going to use, but lately, ForgedReclaimer decided to attempt the task of remodeling a NEW hayabusa helmet to my standards, and yes, those standards were a bit high since I want thi helmet to be perfect. :p

The helmet that I originally built was Skupilkinson's model, but after looking closer to the mini hayabusa helmet model made by McFarlane, I decided that I wanted a different helmet.

MAJOR props and thanks go out to ForgedReclaimer for the original remodel and to AceHigh for trying to edit it a little more for me then ForgedReclaimer reworked it a bit then I stepped in a changed a few minor things then did the smooth unfold as well. The file is NOT available at this time. I also like to call this model: Hayabusa Goddess Edition. lol I dubbed it that due to the fact that it was the name ForgedReclaimer had given it when he first did it and I liked it so I stuck with it. XD haha

The build at the time of this post is obviously not finished yet, but will be soon. I am taking my time to ensure that the folds are perfect and that everything lines up just right. Since some of the tabs to glue were very slim, nearly sliver like, I used tape to hold it in place while it dried so that it didn't come undone and also put a lot of glue over the tab area on the backside to ensure a better hold.

I wanted to keep this a secret until the build was finished, but I was just too excited about it and wanted to share what I got so far so here are some pictures for your enjoyment. :p

You will also notice that the top center spike is more "streamline" and doesn't stick up. It looks more sleek. :pYou will also see the new detailed areas that have been included with this model that neither of the other hayabusa models have.

20hahqu.jpg

24ywsck.jpg

A nice backview showing the spikes coming up over the helmet:

t01c2p.jpg

Take note of how you can see the individual spikes from this view compared to Skup's model:

212z7l4.jpg

Side vent detail:

2q8px8m.jpg

4rxojq.jpg

Of course, just when I start my busa a better model comes out. Tell you what mam, if you want to have a little fun here I will make a video-log of my build and compare with your newer pep. Might be fun to see what the two look like as they are built, and when they are finished. BTW: I will be using the two part Busa model, that way I can vac-form the spikes, I'm thinking of doing a "flaming" busa variant with spikes that light up ;p

Last edited by a moderator:
It's all finished! :D I still have to add in a few of the smaller detail pieces in the back, one area on the side of the vent, and for the 3 slits on the top of the vents, but the front of the vents will stay open and I will put some screen there and hopefully it will allow for some air flow so I don't get too hot in my helmet. The 3 slots on the vents on either side will also be slightly open to allow for more air circulation. :p

I took pictures of the new and old helmet side by side.

al69mv.jpg

9k8ayc.jpg

wow you really pounded that thing out! it came out fantastic. Excellent work. i love how smooth it is. Very very nice clean work. :)

HaloGoddess said:
It's all finished! :D I still have to add in a few of the smaller detail pieces in the back, one area on the side of the vent, and for the 3 slits on the top of the vents, but the front of the vents will stay open and I will put some screen there and hopefully it will allow for some air flow so I don't get too hot in my helmet. The 3 slots on the vents on either side will also be slightly open to allow for more air circulation. :p

al69mv.jpg

9k8ayc.jpg

WOW!, you weren't kidding, that is way more accurate and impressive than the original model. Great job! I still don't know how you have the patients to pep with glue sticks, I'd go crazy. I can't wait to see more updates on this.

HaloGoddess said:

al69mv.jpg

9k8ayc.jpg

Very good i mean i am bowing down to you right now hey heres a quick question what are you gonna do with the other...

Well I have started to paint everything the final color.

Everything that could go wrong, did go wrong. This paint job would make your toes curl and your head spin because of how horrid it is. From a distance, it looks fine, but close up, it makes me want to puke! Paint is cracking and didn't cover too well in a few areas on the samurai shoulder things, I have weird "fuzzy" areas on the thighs and belt, but the bicep pieces are the only things that look okay. My handplates seem alright too, I guess. :\

I am NOT happy with this at all.

Also, the samurai shoulder pieces are a different shade of yellow, it's just hard to tell in the pictures.

5u4o02.jpg

dq0r9t.jpg

198qe1.jpg

So yeah, it's gonna have to do since I don't have time to do any bondo work and because of how s$*!!& this turned out, I fear the worst for my helmet. :( *cry*

i remember building a model car that exact same color lol. its bright but i doesn't look bad.

glad to see that helmet came out ok.

how are you going about painting the parts, are you doing it in light coats or just one coat? if your doing it in one big coat it might have off results but if you go over it with light coats it might spread more even. im guessing that's what you meant by your post???

From the sounds of it the surface wasn't clear of contaminants before you painted. Not sure exactly what caused it. Could be an incompatibility between the paint and the primer. What brand of paint are you using?

ForgedReclaimer said:
i remember building a model car that exact same color lol. its bright but i doesn't look bad.

glad to see that helmet came out ok.

how are you going about painting the parts, are you doing it in light coats or just one coat? if your doing it in one big coat it might have off results but if you go over it with light coats it might spread more even. im guessing that's what you meant by your post???

I'm doing seperate coats. I know how to paint. :pI will just have to hope that when I add the damaged effect, it will hide some of the horrible flaws. XD

HaloGoddess said:
I'm doing seperate coats. I know how to paint. :pI will just have to hope that when I add the damaged effect, it will hide some of the horrible flaws. XD

if they ask, just saw the flaws are battle damage.

EDIT: Re-think, thats probably what you meant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back