Has Any One Ever Been Told They Was Gonna Grow Up To Be A Serial Killer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well this theads basically goes to the underaged population of the 405th. Well im 15 and I've been making weapon props for about a year now and recently members of my family has said to my mom that because i make these things that im gonna grow up to be a serial killer. WTF is up with that. They say that my fascination with guns and other things isnt normal for a 15 year old boy. and it hurts me when they say things like "oh Kwame is gonna murder somebody"

does any body else get this from there family?

Well, not exactly a serial killer, but a lot of people from my family used to say I was gonna grow up to be a failure.
Try to ignore it or perhaps tell them it's just a phase. Every teen goes through such/similar phases in their life. My mum thinks it pretty childish that I'm so interested in airsofting, what with me being 22 and still playing with toy guns. They'll soon stop with that. Keep in mind that you should give your best to be successful in other areas of your life. That way, in a few years, they're gonna end up being as far from wrong about you as possible. ;) There's nothing wrong with having an interest or a hobby. At least you're not doing drugs or drinking. They ought to be grateful for that. Plus, what's with all the soldiers? Many of them wanted to handle the guns when they grow up and be soldiers. That little interest when they were young didn't turn them into serial killers. You might wanna use that as an excuse as well, say you wanna be a soldier.

Odessa-086 said:
Well, not exactly a serial killer, but a lot of people from my family used to say I was gonna grow up to be a failure.
Try to ignore it or perhaps tell them it's just a phase. Every teen goes through such/similar phases in their life. My mum thinks it pretty childish that I'm so interested in airsofting, what with me being 22 and still playing with toy guns. They'll soon stop with that. Keep in mind that you should give your best to be successful in other areas of your life. That way, in a few years, they're gonna end up being as far from wrong about you as possible. ;) There's nothing wrong with having an interest or a hobby. At least you're not doing drugs or drinking. They ought to be grateful for that. Plus, what's with all the soldiers? Many of them wanted to handle the guns when they grow up and be soldiers. That little interest when they were young didn't turn them into serial killers. You might wanna use that as an excuse as well, say you wanna be a soldier.

actually about 80% of then "men" in my family was in the army and also my mom

my mom takes up for me though she said the exact same thing about the drugs and drinking thing also

It just hurts my feelings really bad when they say stuff like that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you ever try sitting down with your parents and telling them how their comments make you feel? If not, I would strongly recommend that. It helps a lot. Parents -- adults in general can respect someone who comes forward to them about their feelings. You'll also learn that it helps with girls and other relationships, too.

Trust me, it's completely normal for a 15-year-old guy to have an interest in guns. Guns make you feel like you should be sitting on a big, comfy throne and yelling at lesser mortals... and that throne has a cup holder.

I know it hurts, Battle. But it's not gonna last forever. You gotta find a way to let it come in through one ear and go out the other. Just take a deep breath, count to 10 and focus on something else. Try talking to your mum, if she was in the army, she's bound to understand. Just remember, you can't let all that get you so badly. Elders always think they know best and that everyone will grow up to be just the way they see it. They're wrong and it's on you to prove them wrong. Hang in there.

Friendly said:
Did you ever try sitting down with your parents and telling them how their comments make you feel? If not, I would strongly recommend that. It helps a lot. Parents -- adults in general can respect someone who comes forward to them about their feelings. You'll also learn that it helps with girls and other relationships, too.

Trust me, it's completely normal for a 15-year-old guy to have an interest in guns. Guns make you feel like you should be sitting on a big, comfy throne and yelling at lesser mortals... and that throne has a cup holder.
its not my mom that says these things is my aunts,uncles, and grandparents.

my mom does'nt mind my interest in guns as long as i do good in school and stay out of trouble.

my dad said i could grow up to be the president..........yea thats somehtin I wanted to do, be stuck with the problems of everyoine in the U.S.A.

yea I was told by a cousin if I remember right that I was gunna be a psychotic killer with violent tendencies. All because I liked cookin ants with a magnifiying glass.

I guess I grew up in a deferent kind of household because I didn't have this problem from my family. My father had me cleaning firearms and learning about them at a young age. Went hunting for the first time at the age of 15.

I had this type of thing said by my ex friends parents. Coincidentally My ex friend grew up to kill someone in a car crash and then tried to play it off like it was nothing. I Think my experience with firearms and life and death at a young age gave me a greater appreciation of life than he ever had. Just my two cents. I would take what this person said and blow it off. The fact that it bothers you says you have a lot more integrity than they are giving you credit for.

Then tell them. I'm sure they're just joking. Think hard about their tone when they say it. I'm sure you can tell the difference. Maybe you shouldn't be taking them so seriously.

Listen, if your mum only wants you to be a good student and stay out of trouble, then ignore all the spiteful tongues and do just that :) They probably don't have anything to complain about when it comes to you so they're just using whatever they can get to. Grandparents especially.

This is all I get at home. They say I'm obessesed with guns, and my parents hate guns. And I don't even like guns that much, just Halo ones. :D

But I do think it's kind of wrong for even you own family hurting you. You just have to ignore them, let it roll down your back and live the life YOU want.

RadioaciveMicrobe said:
This is all I get at home. They say I'm obessesed with guns, and my parents hate guns. And I don't even like guns that much, just Halo ones. :D

The majority of my family are hunters. I was tought how to handle a gun when I was 4 I think. Ever since I've loved guns. Especially Revolvers.

my dads a hunter, and i hunt with him occasionally, so he doesnt seem to mind, but my cousins and the rest of my family think im messed or something, i dunno. I dont let it get to me... :p

People who are unfamiliar with firearms don't understand people who are. That's just the way it is. Don't let it get to you too much. It's probably not worth worrying about, unless you actually start to want to kill people. ;)

I thought every 15 year old has a fascination with guns and weapons...?
Those who think "people like us" will grow up to be societies rejects are just victims of the media. These days if you think guns are cool, you’re obviously going to kill someone with them. If you play video games you’re going to go on a shooting spree... sadly these kinds of associations get made by those who are ill-informed victims of blatant media lies.
It does seem a bit harsh, but i strongly argue against this stereotyping and branding of people because of their hobbies or interests.

Just because one person who plays games and like guns kills someone, it doesn’t mean all that gamers are out to kill you.
I don’t have the numbers to back up my statement, but I’m sure that "normal" people are much more likely to be the serial killers.

As far as my parents go, mine are very supportive of all my hobbies.

Though I agree wholeheartidly with lionheart, I would like to give a short rant.

Man, what the heck is up with people? I was shooting guns long before I played my first video game, and where I grew up if you had never shot a gun by the time you were 6 there was something seriously wrong with you. Personally I think the problem with a lot of the things that people say is because they don't understand firearms. When you're a little kid and you blow a big chunk of concrete into dust with a 7.62 round you are awed by the power of such a thing. Then you imagine what it would do to a person and it's terrifying. You respect firearms as beautifully crafted tools that must be used responsibly.

And the notion that kids liking guns makes them seriel killers? I mean, who didn't play Army or GI Joe or whatever growing up. And what parents or grandparents didn't play the same or Cowboys and Indians.

im 16, and my family actually is pretty supportive of me and my prop obsession

i made about 3 brs with pep (only 1 is good) and my dad wants me to make a full suit of armor for him to prop up in his bar :p

ow lol, i only had a gun in my hand once xD
Maybe the diffrence with europe and US is that whe cant really have guns.
Unless you have a special gun license. But like nobody haves it but sporters.
I dont have the need to have guns or use it.

So i never really had this subject thrown at my ears from my parents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back