Has the time of Super Heros come and gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trooper114

Has the time of the super hero passed? I remember all the good shows that used to come out, when I used to watch cartoon network when I was younger. I still remember watching the Thunder Cats and Super Friends with my dad. The occasional episode of Dragon Ball Z, and Gundam after school. I still wonder what happened to those shows, I never found out what happened to Megas XLR because I didn’t have cable for 5 years. First I’m seeing Ninja Turtles and know Flapjack, what happened in that 5 year gap of cartoon absence? I don’t know, but cartoons now in days seem more stupid than anything else. The cartoons I used to watch actually had a message to give, now, just a couple of idiots running around. :( Makes me wonder how things will be like 10, 15 years from now if I have kids, what I’m gona be seeing Saturday mornings with them. I think the networks should replay the classics every once and while, get some action, I mean real kick butt shows back on screen. The most I see of my old heroes are when they pop up on big screen, and that’s if they make it, not on TV anymore :( I need to start dvd hunting on Amazon or something.

Question to you, HAS the time of super heroes come and gone?

Whoa, I think you just dated yourself a bit and after this I am going to do the same for me.

I too remember Thundercats and The Super Friends fondly but neither of those shows are without they're flaws. Both had some budget issues that led to either poor animation or dialogue and they were not alone with such issues. Now I love all of those shows still with the knowledge of hindsight and I wish for more shows with th creative stories and ideas they had with the better budgets and animation that is available today. There are shows that are exactly that right now if you want them. I was watching DC's Young Justice and its got all of those things mixing current and past DC into it's own take of that universe, just like Justice League before it did. There's going to be a new Thundercats as well soon. So just sit back and keep an eye out for the good ones.

What version of Teenage Mutant Turtles was it? I haven't seen the original on cartoon network ever but maybe I just missed it.

Oh and I watched those shows you mentioned before there was a cartoon network just like Silver hawks, Transformers, Tranzor-Z, Robotech, etc. So a lot of your shows I thought the same you do about these newer ones.

Megas left off because Dave Delouise didn't want to be referred to as the "Fat Guy" Even though he was Bug on 3rd Rock From the Sun.

Man I do Miss GI Joes and Transformers, along with Turtles... I think i still have an Alf and TMNT Pillow case! Must find Them!

Transformers has almost always had a TV series, with a gap of maybe about 2 years in the 90s. In fact there's a new series now on "the Hub" with the occasional rerun of the original.

I guess every decade has its own good shows. Not because the shows are not good any more, but because you're growing up day by day. :)

I miss all those old shows as well. Transformers, G.I.Joe, Battle of the Planets, Force Five, Thundercats, Silverhawks, Robotech (my personal fav) so many good shows. Mind you some of the new stuff coming out of Japan is really good, lots of story to them as well as action.

I miss the old TMNT series... they were so awesome. Transformers is another I recall, but I AM one of the younger members here (17) so my memory doesn't span back to the good old days.

But I have to agree, companies like 4Kids and self-appointed moral guardians have dumbed down so much television nothing really seems worth watching.

Maybe I'm just being nostalgic but I'm hoing to one day turn on the TV and cry 'OMG cartoons got GOOD again!'

I found a web site that had cartoon shows, and old black & white tv shows from the 50s. 60s, 70s, 80s on DVDs that they sold. I would watch some of them with my grand kids, and they love the old stuff. We still watch some of the today cartoons, the kids like then. A few I like, so when they are over I let them watch the cartoons on tv, I go get on my PC.

Ahhhh..... Fond memories all around. I remember ThunderCats, Super Friends, Justice League and all those good shows as well. (And dont forget Voltron!!!!) Honestly, there are very few cartoons nowadays that I still watch. Flapjack and Adventure Time honest-to-god give me the creeps, and those are what we (my generation at least) are leaving to our kids as part of our legacy. I've always held the belief that I was born and raised in the wrong decade; I'm more of a 60's/70's child than a 90's one. As far as superhero cartoons go, I think the only saving grace in the past few years has been Ben 10 and it's sequels.

A lot of todays cartoons just make me want to go up to the front door of thier creators and shoot them over their stupidity, and I mean Adventure Time, Chowder, and other horrible show some of them on the Adult Swim time only a few of those I'll watch Robot Chicken, Family Guy, King Of The Hill and American Dad, as for others like Tim and Eric and many more make me just want to go nuts. Some channels still show the old cartoons, the original Batman and Superman used to be shown on Disney XD but now those are gone, but they still show X-Men, Silver Surfer, Hulk, and more the only problem here is that they show them after midnight and some only on the weekends. There is also another channel that shows Where in the world is Carmen San Diego, G.I. Joe, Men In Black, and other old shows which that channel is the HUB network. The only channel with just about nothing but old show even though all they are now is nothing but re-runs is the Boomerang channel. But shows I would like to see come back would have to be the original TMNT, the original MMPR, the original He-Man, original Voltron, these cartoon channels don't care what you have to say I contacted Cartoon Network several times and still no response. There's a old saying money talks, BS walks. And that's all these companies care about, money. They don't care what you have to think about what's on the TV.

A lot of todays cartoons just make me want to go up to the front door of thier creators and shoot them over their stupidity, and I mean Adventure Time, Chowder, and other horrible show some of them on the Adult Swim time only a few of those I'll watch Robot Chicken, Family Guy, King Of The Hill and American Dad, as for others like Tim and Eric and many more make me just want to go nuts. Some channels still show the old cartoons, the original Batman and Superman used to be shown on Disney XD but now those are gone, but they still show X-Men, Silver Surfer, Hulk, and more the only problem here is that they show them after midnight and some only on the weekends. There is also another channel that shows Where in the world is Carmen San Diego, G.I. Joe, Men In Black, and other old shows which that channel is the HUB network. The only channel with just about nothing but old show even though all they are now is nothing but re-runs is the Boomerang channel. But shows I would like to see come back would have to be the original TMNT, the original MMPR, the original He-Man, original Voltron, these cartoon channels don't care what you have to say I contacted Cartoon Network several times and still no response. There's a old saying money talks, BS walks. And that's all these companies care about, money. They don't care what you have to think about what's on the TV.

gakkengod liked this post...

Much love for the almighty Nintendude. LOL

Whoa, I think you just dated yourself a bit and after this I am going to do the same for me.

I too remember Thundercats and The Super Friends fondly but neither of those shows are without they're flaws. Both had some budget issues that led to either poor animation or dialogue and they were not alone with such issues. Now I love all of those shows still with the knowledge of hindsight and I wish for more shows with th creative stories and ideas they had with the better budgets and animation that is available today. There are shows that are exactly that right now if you want them. I was watching DC's Young Justice and its got all of those things mixing current and past DC into it's own take of that universe, just like Justice League before it did. There's going to be a new Thundercats as well soon. So just sit back and keep an eye out for the good ones.

What version of Teenage Mutant Turtles was it? I haven't seen the original on cartoon network ever but maybe I just missed it.

Oh and I watched those shows you mentioned before there was a cartoon network just like Silver hawks, Transformers, Tranzor-Z, Robotech, etc. So a lot of your shows I thought the same you do about these newer ones.

The recent version of TMNT, i am to young to remember the originals, but i have seen the movies, and god how much i love watching those.

I agree with you 100%, how in the heck could i have forgotten about Voltron and Transformers! I had a Voltron toy when i was younger, the robot, maybe a foot tall, man, how much i loved that thing, but i started loosing pieces and eventually lost the whole thing :( Transformers were awsome, the oldest ones i can rememeber was Beast Wars, the most recent of the good ones, Energon. The one that came out after the michale bay film, the "animated" series was...degrading. :(

Transformers G1 has been back on the air now for a couple months now I think on the HUB network. And even though it's not the original Thundercats there are plans for a new version coming soon to TV, but then nothing has ever come any good of a new version of a old cartoon show to my knowledge.

I'm truly saddened at the state of cartoons nowadays. I missed all these tv shows... least now I'm watching the Zeta Project :)

I loved almost all the old cartoons, but they are best left a fond memory. I have seen some of them as reruns and I'm shocked at just how..... bad they where. The acting, animation, what have you.

They need to remake the orginal cartoons, storyliness and everything. They will need to have better quality acting, action, animation,..... blah, blah, blah. As of now I still watch he occasional cartoon, Avatar the last Airbender, Ben 10 when I'm stumble apon it, Family Guy, American Dad....

Loony Toons should be on constant rerun and mandatory for all kids to watch. They are still funny all these years later.

Personally, I think ALL TV has pretty much gone down the crapper. There's the occasional decent show, but mostly it's boring, not funny, or targeted at an audience that is far too stupid to comprehend. A lot has changed... even since the 90's. I was never much into superheroes, but I agree. Nothing is even remotely good now.

Todays cartoons for the most part are complete crap.

However to go into whether super heroes are gone...I was just thinking recently what superhero besides Superman is known around the globe probably even in the worst places...

Master Chief. Seriously...think about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back