Haunted Pillar of Autumn thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just providing ideas :)

The issue with this is that these guys are going full scale, so pepakura wouldn't really be the way to go

I was just providing ideas :)

The issue with this is that these guys are going full scale, so pepakura wouldn't really be the way to go

Halo:CE was really edgy, so once you have the measurements of those pieces drawn up on some wood (or similar material), it shouldn't be too much of a problem actually. I'd say, provided you have all the tools and materials handy, such a tube can be built faster than a helmet.

Yeah, the only real issue would be the amount of paint required. Could get a little expensive....

true. and manual labor. one reason I suggested this be posted was to see if anyone was nearby. I'd love to get a whole team together to make this thing happen. Just played the first level of Halo CE this morning and wandered around the level looking at details and such. The marines on the ship probably hate me now, and although I dirtied my fluffy white tail by disobeying orders (lol), I got some good ideas. Wanted to make a maze, but that'd be to complicated, so it'll probably just be the first little bit of the pillar of autumn after you leave Keyes. That's what I've suggested to Matt. We'll see what happens.

true. and manual labor. one reason I suggested this be posted was to see if anyone was nearby. I'd love to get a whole team together to make this thing happen. Just played the first level of Halo CE this morning and wandered around the level looking at details and such. The marines on the ship probably hate me now, and although I dirtied my fluffy white tail by disobeying orders (lol), I got some good ideas. Wanted to make a maze, but that'd be to complicated, so it'll probably just be the first little bit of the pillar of autumn after you leave Keyes. That's what I've suggested to Matt. We'll see what happens.
I edit halo and make maps and stuff (for CE), I have the campaign maps and multiplayer maps. If you want I could get close ups and screenshots of what ever you need: hangar, bridge, outside, etc. Good Luck.

I had just imagined any random corridor inside the Pillar of Autumn. Maybe a 'T' Intersection leading to different recognizable rooms? And I'm digging the infected MasterCheif idea. That sounds awesome.

What I was thinking, and the map I showed to Matt, was the begginning of the game when Cpt. Keyes gives you his gun. From there, you leave and head through some hallways. That's the kinda thing I was thinking.

Good idea, and you really wouldnt even have to have a star background for the bridge if you fogged up some plexiglass and added flood stains to it

This DOES sound like a cool idea. If you could really get into this project, it would be cool if you could somehow manage to build a 2nd floor.

Also, I would like to suggest that if you decide that you want to play music in the background and want to try and stick with the whole "Halo" theme, I would HIGHLY recommend using the music that you hear when playing the "Cortana" level.

sweet! I dunno about a 2nd floor. with only a month till halo-ween, and no real manual labor support, I don't think a nd floor would be possible. we'll take pics, definitely.

ok, new post. We're looking for a better location, have a map, and are getting things up and going for walls. Lots of cardboard, and some black sheets. But I have a question: I'm gonna turn this kid into a flood form and stick him inside the wall at one point. How could I get a flailing flood tentacle thingy that looks good? Thought of some kind of latex, but dunno how that would work... any suggestions?

Ok, here are my ideas :p
If you are going for the infected pillar, get someone to play Keyes half dead at the entry, give 2 quests (one way leading to infected master chief, one to another important point you decide) when people tells you what they saw, thank them for helping with candy :p

Anyway, that would need a big backyard tho XD
sucks not to be able to teleport or i would definetly help!

What about a flood room? Have a Monitor on a rail running around the room humming to himself?

Lolll, that could be funny :p specially to halo fans!

1 thing i really want to ask, get a video of the visitor point of view and a making of one too :p

Will definitly do. Having a problem finding supplies to use for the walls and so forth, though... Where'd Matt wander off too...

Well, didn't you say you were working with flood parasites, then do not wonder where matt wandered to, he's just parasite food at the moment :p

haha! lol. built the first wall out of cardboard. working on making a better map. keep y'all posted...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back