Have A Question? Dont Bother With A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the only way to make it isolated around your face would be to cast it in some rubber. BUT.

Making a "tight" prop can be dangerous because of the lack of oxygen, especially if you want some kind of smoke inside.

Please, do costuming safe for your health. Sometimes, it's better to be unaccurate but more confortable, or just plain alive...

You cannot start new topics in the Pepakura section because you are a new member, commonly known as a Noob. Don't worry, we were all noobs one day.

Start a thread in the Noob section (The name says it). It's a section made for new members where more experienced members can come and help out the said noob. If the work of the Noob is awesome or better than expected, then, maybe a moderator can get you out of the noob section and promote you as a normal member, known as a veteran.

Good luck with your build.

EDIT : Just understood you were talking about usage of drug. Please check my 2nd reply.

Thank you but first I will remove doubt on the safety of my project, it will be sealed sure, that means no other oxygen comes in than the one fitted in the bong, that means, as soon as you let go of the carb hole, you start inhaling smoke, the faster you clear the smoke out and breath it out, the better for yourself, as soon as the smoke is gone, and you let go of the carb hole it will intake fresh air instead of pot, that way, you don't asphyxiate, basically, it is like breathing through a gas mask filter with hits of smoke once in a while, nothing to bad, as long as you control. thank you by the way, I will make a topic for this.

Yes but again, this is a costuming forum. There are minors here too.

Do not promote usage of drugs on a public forum. Against the rules, which you should've read.

And yes, Pot smoke is dangerous.

Pot is dangerous.

Unacceptable Conduct: These are more severe offenses and will be handled with formal warnings. Do any of these one too many times and you'll find yourself banned from the forums.

-Sexual and/or Vulgar Language, Discussion of Drug Use, or Other Unadvised Content

-Flaming or Arguing of Any Kind

-Degrading Personal Remarks

-Destructive Criticism

-Trolling

-Mass Spam

I did a regular handplate custom to my size, should i put fiberglass on the bottom? it might be a silly question, but it is kinda hi-detail stuff.

-thanks

yea, i have a problim, the scale of the cuisse model for mjolnir VI i have is really huge for me

can somebody help me, please ):

btw all of my pep files are from robogenesis :)

mastar ch33f said:
yea, i have a problim, the scale of the cuisse model for mjolnir VI i have is really huge for me

Haha, that's a french word, where are you from?

Last edited by a moderator:
enfinety said:
I did a regular handplate custom to my size, should i put fiberglass on the bottom? it might be a silly question, but it is kinda hi-detail stuff.

-thanks

If you plan on wearing it then it needs to be fiberglassed. I would suggest doing the hd handplates as they aren't too difficult to pep and good practice for the larger more complex pieces

DoNut said:
wat is spotputty?

You can buy kind of a premixed bondo light called Bondo Spot Putty. Its used mainly for fixing airholes and maybe smaller imperfections. Don't try to use it as a replacement for body filler. It comes in a large toothpaste sized container and sands fairly easily with 320 grit paper by hand.

LastSpartan said:
mastar ch33f said:

Haha, that's a french word, where are you from?

Well, it has an anglo-french origin but "cuisse" is actually the proper word for the thigh armor part (see pic below):

ArmorPartsNames.jpg

Liq said:
If you plan on wearing it then it needs to be fiberglassed. I would suggest doing the hd handplates as they aren't too difficult to pep and good practice for the larger more complex pieces

You can buy kind of a premixed bondo light called Bondo Spot Putty. Its used mainly for fixing airholes and maybe smaller imperfections. Don't try to use it as a replacement for body filler. It comes in a large toothpaste sized container and sands fairly easily with 320 grit paper by hand.

thankx

Guys i need a little help. So i am trying to make a full suit of Recon for GenCon 2009 Brisbane, and in time for ODST. BUT here is the problem, I do not doubt being able to pep the armour quickly and well (I use HD if i can find it but have had no luck with hd arms or legs),but once i fiberglass it do i NEED to "Bondo" it? Or can i just sand down the fiberglass, maybe use a dremel drill to make some more detail and paint it? Or do i need to "Bondo" it? (I am putting "'s around bondo as i am not clear about what that is or involves) So any help would be appreciated. Im busy with school and making all of the pep armour pieces atm but i am going to research as much as i can. (That means dont flame me if i said something wrong :D)

Alphahawk3 said:
Guys i need a little help. So i am trying to make a full suit of Recon for GenCon 2009 Brisbane, and in time for ODST. BUT here is the problem, I do not doubt being able to pep the armour quickly and well (I use HD if i can find it but have had no luck with hd arms or legs),but once i fiberglass it do i NEED to "Bondo" it? Or can i just sand down the fiberglass, maybe use a dremel drill to make some more detail and paint it? Or do i need to "Bondo" it? (I am putting "'s around bondo as i am not clear about what that is or involves) So any help would be appreciated. Im busy with school and making all of the pep armour pieces atm but i am going to research as much as i can. (That means dont flame me if i said something wrong :D )

"Bondo" is autobody filler, used to fill in low spots on a cars body in preperation for painting. It does NOT HAVE to be used on your armor. Bondo is great for dremeling details into the armor though.

Umm, it seems form what you said , "Or can i just sand down the fiberglass..." that you may be planning to fiberglass the outside of your pieces? Fiberglass goes on the inside only.

Good luck, and I hope you make your deadline :)

Dizzerak said:
"Bondo" is autobody filler, used to fill in low spots on a cars body in preperation for painting. It does NOT HAVE to be used on your armor. Bondo is great for dremeling details into the armor though.

Umm, it seems form what you said , "Or can i just sand down the fiberglass..." that you may be planning to fiberglass the outside of your pieces? Fiberglass goes on the inside only.

Good luck, and I hope you make your deadline :)

Thx, but i am only going to use the actual fiberglass on the inside, i was going to paint the outside with the resin that you use to mould with the fiberglass. Then sand that down.

Hi

I have put 2 layers of resin on my helmet (noob forum -> "My 1St Mk Vi Helmet"), but it was sticky :/ I put one more layer (I added more harderer) and it was still sticky - is that ok?

And my 2nd question: Is there a way to change the shape of the helmet a little bit when fibreglassing or only with bondo? (I probably used too thin paper and it has collapsed* a bit)

*dunno is that the good word to call it : P

Nero said:
Hi

I have put 2 layers of resin on my helmet (noob forum -> "My 1St Mk Vi Helmet"), but it was sticky :/ I put one more layer (I added more harderer) and it was still sticky - is that ok?

And my 2nd question: Is there a way to change the shape of the helmet a little bit when fibreglassing or only with bondo? (I probably used too thin paper and it has collapsed* a bit)

*dunno is that the good word to call it : P

I checked your thread and you seemed to have fixed the first problem.

Second question... You can't do much after its fiberglassed, its pretty much stuck that way. If there is something slightly off you can add a little bondo, but if you're talking about a major bend or something you can't really do much to it. Add pics to your thread, so we have a better idea of whats up.

im having a bit of trouble with scaling again.....

this time i need help with measuring my body. what would be the best way for me to measure my head,torso and limbs?

and where would i put the number in? height,width or, depth? thanks alot!

Does 40 cm sound right on FS HD chest scale for a guy thats 5'7" 38 inch chest, average build? When I enter my height for Robos md chest it tells me 39.5cm, and when I entered in Abrant3 proportionate scaling method it told me roughly 39cm. I know I'm probably going to get ripped a new one for asking this one D:

Dakota said:
i downloaded pepakura because want to make halo armor/weapons can anyone tell me the next step?

well do you have the pepakura file to print off? do you have your own measurements? do you have a printer, or the materials you need in order to put it all together?

i'd say you should input your measurement data first, then print it out. but before EVERYTHING... how long have you been trying to make armor and weapons? i'd suggest doing alot more research. it's not simply "i want to make armor an weapons" then you do it... you need to make sure you know everything that goes with it so as you progress you aren't just BSing things.

i've never made armor before, but i'm making sure to know everything i can before i start so i don't dive into this uninformed. there's alot that goes into this an may take a while, so make sure you have everything together. research as much as you can before you start asking questions.

also as for this thread itself, very well done. i will admit i'm obviously a noob to this site, but i promise that i'm not a noob to forums. we all make mistakes from time to time though.

i am glad that i was introduced to this site overall though because i've received alot of help from members here. and I'm glad i found the links and people that i've found.

Liq said:
Does 40 cm sound right on FS HD chest scale for a guy thats 5'7" 38 inch chest, average build? When I enter my height for Robos md chest it tells me 39.5cm, and when I entered in Abrant3 proportionate scaling method it told me roughly 39cm. I know I'm probably going to get ripped a new one for asking this one D:

I am about the same size. I built the default size and it was too small. I am going to redo another, of which I am pretty sure the size is going to be right around that. I would say you are on the right track.

Dakota said:
i downloaded pepakura because want to make halo armor/weapons can anyone tell me the next step?

Send me a pm. I could probably walk you through what you need to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back