Haven't even been driving for a year...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyokenseisou

And I got hard core rear ended today.... SUPER ****ty. D:
I've only had my learners since last August, this year Aug I get my full GDL.... I'm not a bad driver at all, not nervous, all is good. I just put off my license because I don't trust the other people on the road....

Best friend came over today, we're chilling, she helps me makes my duct tape dummy. BF gets off work and we're all just chilling. Bff's mom wants the car back, so she drives it back home, and we follow in my car. We drop off the car, and I took a different route home (than the one we came) because traffic was ****. We cross a bridge that had some construction doing on it (so far, just the top asphalt had been removed). We had just crossed the bridge and there was a red car turning left. So I slow, then stop, like usual. Then we're just chatting, and I glance in my rear view and see this car coming towards it, VERY close, and didn't look like she was slowing down. Then I realized she was gonna hit us!! I (thought I said but..) apparently yelled "Oh ****!!".

BAM!!!

I look up and see these little plastic thingys on my lap and I look over and back to my bf and friend. I ask them if they're both ok. I hear my friend whining a bit that her head hurts and such, but both are ok. And run out of my car to go assess and then yell at the lady who hit us. I see the back of my car is f***ed to ****, and that her car is heavily leaking radiator fluid all over... I'm knocking on her window yelling "Hey, are you ok??". I see her laying there, at first thinking she's laid back and is angry she hit us. Then I see that her air bag at deployed. Then I realized that that was pretty much the same as a hard punch to the hard. Then I see she's twitching just a little. I tried to open her door, but it was locked. I quickly look around for a way to get the doors open, and I see the sun roof open. So I jump on the hood of her and climb up to her sun roof. I hear my friend yelling "No Izy don't, don't!!!" (She tells me after that she was screaming at me cause she though I was going to beat her ass. XD, which I wasn't obviously). I manage to reach the door locks from the roof and yell to my friend to see if the doors could open now; she opens them. I jump off the car and yell at the lady (not out of anger) loudly "Hey, are you ok!?". We didn't try to move her at all, friend and I were yelling to try and wake her up while bf was on the phone with police. After 5 mins she came to, took her a bit to realized what happened.
After that, your standard police report and whatnot. The lady behind up hit us so hard we were slammed into the car in front on us.

While the car in front of us only had a couple scratches and the rubber things on her bummer that lady was trying to blame me for hitting her (clearly, did not). And the lady behind us, f***ed up my rear and her front, and man, she was probably going about 40-50 km/h.... She was going FAST. Because I only had two seconds to think "Oh ****, is she going to hit us? She's going to hit us!"

But overall no one was seriously hurt, pretty much everyone got some case of whiplash except me. XD They lady who hit us got the 'worst', some whiplash and a stiff wrist (which I'm thinking is what she used to block most of the force of the airbag).

Some pics....

My poor car....

251087_10150619550790403_814300402_18907094_3052508_n.jpg

And the person who hit us' car

254335_10150619551020403_814300402_18907098_6510144_n.jpg

So yeah... thought I'd share my 'most "exciting" day of the year' story.... idk, by the end of it, I felt pretty good because the first thing I thought to do was help this lady and see if she was ok. lol my friend said I was pretty epic (after she realized I wasn't trying to get in and beat her down lolololol).

Dang, glad your all right :) I feel like slapping that woman though, blaming you for something that you couldn't help....Sad to see people can still be like that.

So did Toyota's safety claims actually meet your standards? :p They seem big on the whole "0ur car is the safest out there." idea.

That sucks! Looks about 30-35 mph type damage. Im glad youre ok and everyone else too for that matter!

Looks like she never hit the brakes, which tells me a cellphone was most likely to blame.

Im sorry that happened to you... bad luck I guess, but good luck no one is F'ed up!

I hope the good luck continues Izy

I didn't hear ANY brakes at all; I can guarantee she didn't brake. There were no tire marks either after the cars were moved.

After EMS checked her out and she came to say sorry, she said she was watching the cars in front of her apparently.... But I mean wtf, how long were you watching behind you to not pay attention at all in front of you?!??!
My friend I are pretty pissed because honestly, there was next to NO reason ad to why she hit us... I didn't see a phone thrown somewhere, she had coffee but it was in the holder, radio was at a minimum, we were at the bottom of a hill but there was no strong sun light to blond her; nothing!!

Yeah she hit us going pretty fast... Also, wtf was she going that fast anyways?? There was constriction on the bridge JUST before she hit us, she should have slowed to 30. Like she did not launch her car when the bridge ended and there was a huge bump and her going that fast not wake her up? Wtf!?!

Seriously, how many adults dont have a cellphone anymore? And of those, how many dont use them while driving?

Im just saying, she was doing SOMETHING that kept her eyes off the road up until the moment she hit you. If it becomes necessary, Im sure they can check the records and see if she was sending/receiving texts at the time as long as you know what time the accident was.

Either way, she rear ended you I suppose, which automatically makes it her fault. Just be glad no one went to the hospital.

You cant do anything about the dumbasses on the road unfortunately. Just do your best to not become one of them.

True I guess, but not everyone uses their phone when driving, I know I can't multitask. I'm just trying to give her the benifit if the doubt... But yeah, she was doing 'something' from the point she was driving up to the point where she got hit in the face with her airbag. Bf thinks it was cause of the huge spidering crack across her drivers side and plus the sunlight, might have blinded her... I said the crack was there AFTER the crash, but idk... Oh well...
The most 'multitasking' I do or can handle is drinking, but only when I'm stopped, even if it has a straw. When someone texts my phone or calls, I make my passenger check it, unless I'm at a red (and as soon as it's green I throw down my phone)

I too am glad no one had to go to the hospital, especially my BFF and bf... I would have been extremely traumatized if I was driving and got them hurt. I feel bad enough just taken the different route I chose...
But as a precaution, we're all getting checked out by our doctors (well, BFF and I are, bf doesn't have one). I wasn't going yesterday because I didn't feel any sort of whiplash, but when I woke up this morning it was very stiff. So better safe than sorry, gonna get a check up (I want the 'ok' from my dr so that I can play field hockey tonight).

Im sure youre fine. the slower speeds might give a little whiplash, but youll be over it soon. I got hit by a ford truck while I was on foot when I was 15. It was going about 50-55 and slid off a gravel road, came through my yard and knocked me across the lawn. I really wasnt hurt somehow other than rug burn type scrapes.

Accidents are funny. A guy I knew bumped his head in a car wreck and died at the scene with no visible injury.

Just stay careful and youll be fine Izy.

Talk to you later.

man that sucks i know how that stuff goes i slid into a small accord with my f 250 with no insur can we say goodbye DLs lol and hello $8000 bill lol i was going slow just slid on ice and destroyed the back of the accord up to the back seat big truck kept runnin

I've had that happen to me three times in the past. Two in civilian vehicles and one in a HMMWV (Humvee) with a convoy warning sign hanging off the back (think road guard vest with a vengeance).

I'm glad there were no severe injuries. Good luck with her insurance. You might get enough out of it to fix your vehicle and build a whole new set of armor...

Yeesh. Glad no one's hurt. Hope it all goes well with insurance. I'd hate it if that happened to my car, because, well, my car's so undervalued, they'd just total the thing and give me $1000 to try and get a new one. Less an issue with the truck, yeah, because it doesn't know what crumple means, but my little plastic Saturn would have been written off.

All things considered, I think your car looks to be in good shape. Doesn't look like anything structural. New panels and rear door, and some airbag resetting, you should be set to jet. You should get through insurance repairs pretty quickly.

Hope it all goes well.

Your car fared MUCH better than my buddy's Focus when he got rear ended by someone doing 40mph. The whole back end wound up inside of the passenger compartment. 3 year old car with 30,000 miles on it and it was totaled. I hop your car fares better. Glad to hear everyone's okay.

Yeesh. Glad no one's hurt. Hope it all goes well with insurance. I'd hate it if that happened to my car, because, well, my car's so undervalued, they'd just total the thing and give me $1000 to try and get a new one. Less an issue with the truck, yeah, because it doesn't know what crumple means, but my little plastic Saturn would have been written off.

All things considered, I think your car looks to be in good shape. Doesn't look like anything structural. New panels and rear door, and some airbag resetting, you should be set to jet. You should get through insurance repairs pretty quickly.

Hope it all goes well.
Well my mom took it in to get a quote, and apparently there's about $6000 worth in repairs, and there's a bit of frame damage... So with there being frame damage, idk if my insurance will just write it off... Dealing with will be way more hassle down the road since there's frame damage....

Your car's a lot newer than mine. They'd only write mine off because its value in good condition is less than the cost to do extensive repairs.

Speaking of, today, I misjudged the right side of the car, and slammed into the curb, moving into a right turn lane. Shredded both right tires, scratched the hell out of the alloy wheels, and probably bent the front hub assembly. The cost of repair is less than $500, so insurance doesn't get involved this time, thank goodness. I can't afford increased premiums.

typical woman driver.
Because THAT'S not sexist....

I'm a woman ASIAN driver, and I drive just fine; better than most people who've been driving for 10/15+ years. So I'd appreciate no sexist/racial comments...
And honestly, at first I thought it was a MAN that hit me.

All of the accidents my dad's gotten into, save one involving a semi and a left turn, were caused by women, and mom's gotten into far more accidents than dad. Not to mention gran's a notoriously bad driver. Just sayin'.

And, honestly, if you drove just fine, you'd have had more distance between you and the forward car. Driver's training typically teaches to keep just under a car-length between you and the car ahead at an intersection, in case of this stuff.

Keep driving, kid, and keep learning. Take what you can from the experience.

Because THAT'S not sexist....

I'm a woman ASIAN driver, and I drive just fine; better than most people who've been driving for 10/15+ years. So I'd appreciate no sexist/racial comments...
And honestly, at first I thought it was a MAN that hit me.

First off you will NEVER hear a racist remark come from me ever. From personal experience every woman I've ever had in my life has been a terrible defensive driver. Women by nature are just bad at driving. I'm not trying to be mean or hateful about it at all. There are plenty of things women are better at than guys, but driving is not one of them. I just don't understand why they get so upset about it. My wife is the same way with her bad driving, so defensive.

Always be aware of your surroundings, and assume every other car around you is being driven by an idiot. I guarantee with your accident either a makeup mirror or cell phone was involved when you got hit.

I dont know, not too cool really. My wife got awards for driving in the army and can parallel park huge trucks with trailers.

And Ill toss this in too, she was the high school football team QB.

And Im pretty sure shed kill you guys for those remarks, shes tried her whole life to break female stereotypes and Izy reminds me of her sometimes.

Im more of the opinion that the guys in this thread are falling into stereotypical behavior.

Bad driving is done on an individual basis. Being that I was a cop for 7 years, I know a TON of great female drivers.

Exactly what Arioch said. I don't fit the 'girly' stereotypes, so I'd appreciate them not being thrown around. Everything should be based on INDIVIDUAL performance. Im a girl, and I'm a gamer, and I'm better than 90% of my guy friends. I BBQ better than all my guy friends. I can drink more than any of them. Not saying my guy friends aren't men, but I can clearly hold my own in a man-owned world.

And while YOU didn't say anything racial, I don't doubt that card will be played eventually by someone (or someone thinking it); being asain and all, because we all know how people like to make fun of Asian drivers (including myself, not gonna lie. But at the same time, I AM Asian so I don't consider it racist - just me making fun of a random person).

And for your information, I WAS the proper length away from the car in front of me. The lady who hit me from behind hit me THAT hard that I was lunged into the person in front of me. I mean like seriously, she hit me at at LEAST 45-50 km/h... Did you NOT see the damage done to my car? There's frame damage, THAT'S how hard she hit me, and so it wouldn't matter if I wad three car lengths away, I still would have hit the person in front. So this accident had nothing to do with MY driving.
At the same time, just because I'm a girl doesn't automatically make me bad. I am by far the least girlest girl you could know without being a lesbian or butch as crazy.

And idk if you two even read the first post, but it was ME that got hit, not me hitting someone. I was just minding my business, driving how I was taught (properly, got 100% in my driving classes might I add) and got hit - so this thread has nothing to do with my driving.
And if anything, I'm 99% sure it was actually something medical that caused that lady to crash, so again, gender unrelated... (I'll post why I think that later - posting via phone and I keep making typos, stupid iPhone).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back