Helioskrill Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shon

Hi, I'm really eager to make a helioskrill suit, but I cannot find armor files anywhere. The ones in the armory are just the helmet and the wrist piece and even then the helmet isn't 100% accurate with the visor being to long and what not. Does anyone happen to have any unfolded pepakura files of the helioskrill armor that they could share with me? Thanks

I have the .zip file downloaded, and will be working on it at some point regarding an unfold. If you like, shoot me a message as a reminder, and I'll get you a copy of everything once I've got it wrapped up!

-Matt

Hey Matt, I was just wondering how the progress of the helioskrill armor was going
-Shon

Work and life has held me up a bit. It's still on my to-do list for sure, just taking me a bit.

-Matt

Hey Shon he will see it faster if you mention him. You may know this already but he will get an alert and or email. Do this by typing @ and then mkshane81
It will end up like this mkshane81 (I just mentioned him for you)

Screenshot (229).png
I tried to clean up the helmet file (obj.) a while ago.....but it's too messed up for me. Programm somehow does not respond after smoothing?
Would have to start all over again.
I know that dutchprops has files, I was curious and asked for a commission over a year ago. He already had a 3d model at that point but made no casts of it.

Last edited:
Shon The Helmet is really not accurate at all. Especially the Back which is not flat.
Halo_5_Guardians_Concept_Art_Helioskrill_Massout (2).jpg

May give it a try and do a mixed pepakura/ foam version. A little bit freestyle involved;)
Might share templates in another thread.

Hey there Shon, sorry. Normal home life and commissions have had me buried. And of course my day job. ;)
It's still on my list to complete, however at this point, all I've been able to get done is to separate the armor with the textures included for the sake of unfolding.
Sounds like ReClaimer8015 is on top of it as well. I'll be sure and update this thread if I get some more progress made soon. Thanks for helping to explain on how to get my attention Lieutenant Jaku !

-Matt

Hey Shon , I've started working on getting everything unfolded. Here is a link to my 4shared account, where I will be posting all files for download:
4shared - free file sharing and storage
The only item unfolded right now is the "butt plate", and am currently working on the torso. It's the biggest piece, so I wanted to get that out of the way next. Feel free to holler if you have any questions, and I'll continue to update as I make progress. My personal schedule will begin getting extremely busy in the coming weeks, so figured that if I complete the torso, it will give you plenty to work on until I can proceed further.

Regards,
Matt

Hey mkshane81, just one question, how do i cut the pieces that are cut off on the edge of the paper? Do I cut them and tape them together or do I use both pieces to trace on the foam?

-Shon

Hey Shon , so in looking back, I did need to make a couple adjustments. I've uploaded a new copy of the torso file to 4shared. The changes that I made include the following:
-the large pieces used on the front of the chest, have been split up and placed on individual pages.
-these pieces will all need to be cut out individually, and taped back together for use when tracing.
-I've changed the print settings so that all pages will print with alignment marks (small dashes found at the top and bottom of each page)
-for pieces that extend across multiple pages, what I do personally is use a ruler to cut a straight line along the alignment marks. I then line up the parts, tape the pages together, and cut it out as a single large piece

Hopefully that doesn't sound too confusing, if you have any additional questions, please don't hesitate to let me know!

Regards,
Matt

First night of gluing the foam together. This is the first time I have ever done something like this so everything is a learning experience. I'm using 10mm foam and contact cement to glue everything together. If anyone has any tips or suggestions, they would be greatly appreciated. I will try to post updates every night, but school work may get in the way

-Shon
day 1 of glueing.jpeg

I like this armor but I don't like the fact you have to be in a company to get one and have to wait a year... and then get kicked out because someone just didn't like you but you had way better kill rates then that guy, who was only their for a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back