Soft Parts Helmet Padding

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you use the helmet liner replacement, do you use other foam underneath? I bought a liner for my reach helmet, and I was thinking I would great foam the inside, then cut the bucket shape out then insert the liner, but I wasn't sure whether I would need more padding between the expanding foam and the liner.

I was thinking about using inflatable padding, like in a blood pressure monitor. One size fits all, I guess. It would pretty comfortable too. Hopefully, I don't crush my head by accident :eek

That gave me an idea: Torture Helmet.

I like the inflatable idea a lot. Or liquid filled, which could double as cooling (so could air, but liquid could work better on this part). If it popped, you'd be seriously boned though.

I've got a question for those of you who use the closed-cell gray foam to pad your helms: where can you buy it locally? I've checked Michael's, AC Moore's, JoAnn's, Lowes, and Walmart, nobody has it or even has any idea where to find it. I could buy online, but shipping costs more than the item itself; I'd like to get it locally if I can.

Here is something taken from the star wars buckets.

[attachment=14907:IMG_0147.JPG]

It's the foam stuff you put on pvc piping, cut in half. It costs like 50 cents a length.

I'm not a huge expert on helmet padding for either Halo or anythinge else for that matter, but throug out my searching for Halo helmets and padding for that matter, one kind of padding that i think is perfect and kinda cheap is a replacement motorcycle helmet liner. Thay breath ok and they are not that hard to install, plus it gives a good seal around the neck and it includes padding for the entire head including the top, cheeks, forhead, rear of the head, and the neck. Any liner can be fitted to any helmet.

Someone who has done this is "Spase". He has youtube vids that show what the end result looks like.

An example of what is should look like is linked below. Tell me what you think of my idea if its good or not.

http://www.webbikeworld.com/r2/motorcycle-helmet/scorpion/exo-400/exo-400-liner.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Captain Gomes said:
I use memory foam. I got my hands on a bunch and it's super comfy too, it works great on my Mrk VI and Noble 6 helmets.

Memory foam? Now there's an idea.

Last edited by a moderator:
same price as what? I think this is really just about what works best for who and how much money said person has to chuck into the helmet alone

Memory foam?

brilliant.jpg

i have a big piece of foam from an old chair about 100cm x 90cm x 10cm and some leather from an old (kinda) coat. also i have a head-torso thing to work on so i'll tailor the leather together to fit a head and put the foam around it. i'll try to make it game accurate and get some pics up. bear with me lads!
Charlie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back