"Help!" for: Electronics

Status
Not open for further replies.
What you are looking for is called a normally closed switch. Called NC for short.

I couldn't find any in the style you pictured. Here is a NC tactile switch.
http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/KSR223GNCLFG/401-1705-1-ND/958080

Glad you were able to figure out a working circuit. I will take a look at your thread and will post there too.

I have yet another problem you may be able to help me with I'm using a 9V battery witch is making the end of the gun to heavy!
I was thinking I could use a toy helicopter for the power cell and also use the charger this way I can lose the 9v battery and charge
up my gun' do you think this could work? or can you think of anything better?
In this photo is all the thinks I would like to power
20130418_105132.jpg
sorry for any bad spelling or grammar mistakes

I've heard it's rarely a good idea to use a 9v with small electronics jobs unless they specifically demand a 9v circuit. Most things are designed to run on 3.3 or 5v, which can be easily attained with some AA or AAA batteries which will be a lot lighter.

Alternatively, if you have spare money and not a lot of junk running, you could look into button cells..

Agreed. Aside from from projects requiring a compact source, 9v's are usually avoided. If you're just going LEDs run 3-4 AA's in series and they may weigh as much, but you'll have a much greater capacity.

Ok so maybe I can make some lead bullets for the magazine to balance the weight at the back of the gun that's if I can make AA batteries fit in the main body

Your toy helicopter runs on a small lithium. Plenty powerful to run your LEDs and Laser. The flashlight might drain it fast.

I try to avoid lithium where possible, one knick in the casing or bad charge and the battery can catch fire. :(

Hey all, I've run into a problem with my jasman halo 3 plasma pistol, the sound seems to have gone but all the rest of it works perfectly my thoughts to fix the problem was to open it up and replace the speaker with similar one and see if this solves it. I've used all the google fu I know and came up short.

I have that pistol! I would open it and look for sources of damage. It may be in the speaker itself, it could also be in the wiring. I was surprised to open mine and see a lot of components had been anchored down with masking tape. One of the LEDs for the red lights on the side had come loose and tangled itself around the pop-up mechanism on the top of the gun, so it wouldn't be surprising if there was some wiring problem. If the speaker itself is dead, you should look and see what kind it has. Google probably won't tell you, but the back of the speaker will.

Hey all, I've run into a problem with my jasman halo 3 plasma pistol, the sound seems to have gone but all the rest of it works perfectly my thoughts to fix the problem was to open it up and replace the speaker with similar one and see if this solves it. I've used all the google fu I know and came up short.
I have the same issue with my pistol. Also on my Plasma Rifle the vibration motor has stopped functioning. I am too afraid to open them up in the event that it will cause more damage.

As a note for opening the pistol...

The steps go:
1) slide off the pop-up panel on the top of the gun, it pulls up and forwards to remove it.
2) pry off the top bracket, I had to use a flathead screwdriver to wedge it up, mine at least wasn't screwed down and has no screw holes, so I'd image it's just held down by the tension clips.
3) Remove the battery door
4) remove the screws!
5) Carefully separate the halves, there are electronics that are attached between the two and you don't want to break those cable!

Thanks for the advice guys I apreciate it, I'm going to give it a go and see what happens, il post the results when I'm done

Angel, Post some pictures of inside!

Excellent write up Katsu!

I too have a jasman halo pistol and rifle. Arrived with broken wiring to LEDs, so on day one I was taking apart to touch up the solder on the wires.

Damage is fairly common with these, so many moving parts.

Hello!

I have a question about my helmet. What is the best way to mount and install my LEDs? Do I cover the holes with anything or do I just have the LED exposed? I looked at a few pictures, but can't really tell what others have done.

Thanks!!

Hello!

I have a question about my helmet. What is the best way to mount and install my LEDs? Do I cover the holes with anything or do I just have the LED exposed? I looked at a few pictures, but can't really tell what others have done.

Thanks!!

A piece of plexi that has been frosted over is what i like with the LED behind it. i have seen some with open LED's and not a huge fan of the "look" but thats just my 2 cents worth.

Fireryne

Depends on which LEDs. The frosted plexi/acrylic is great for the side-lights. But, if you are talking about the running lights (shield lights to some), then the best method I have seen is to use the side of an old CD case.

What I find that works well for the spot lights on either side of the helmet are clear cabinet door bumpers...

thumb_category_286256-lg.jpg

They come in packs of plenty, are self-adhesive and are available in a variety of shapes and sizes.

For the shield lights, as Jason-078 said, the ribbed sides of and old CD case works wonders...

14.jpg

15.jpg

Equation time :)
(9 battery volts - 3.2 LED votls) / .020 LED amps
= 300 ohm

Myself, I use 500 ohm resistors with 9V batteries because they are more common. In your case, you should be able to find 330 ohm. That is a common resistor too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back