"Help!" for: Forum Usage

Status
Not open for further replies.
i currently have the same problem, would like to know what is going on, if you find out would you message my account and i will do the same :)

Because you're an infantryman. You now have the rights and privileges of an infantryman, which includes access to the classifieds and the ability to start a thread in the proper forum for your build. The NOOB forum is for newbies.

There are circumstances when a thread can be moved if requested and it makes sense to do so. One example was is the Mentor Program thread. Back before I was a mod, I had to request that the thread get moved; and it made sense for it to be there since it's a program that caters to new members. Usually, you'd post the instructional thread in the proper forum where it will get seen by more than just new people; it's likely to get lost in the NOOB forum.

What are the rules for posting non-Halo content? For example, if I made a non-halo set of armor and I wanted to post it, is that legal? Also, would I be allowed to post (cosmetic, of course lol) pepakura paintball gun mods here?

What are the rules for posting non-Halo content? For example, if I made a non-halo set of armor and I wanted to post it, is that legal? Also, would I be allowed to post (cosmetic, of course lol) pepakura paintball gun mods here?

Non-halo costumes are absolutely fine. There are plenty of Ironman, Star Wars and other non-Halo-related threads here.

Paintball/Airsoft gun modifications are acceptable. Paintball/Airsoft armor is not acceptable.

Just noticed gold stars on the forum index, but they're not on the legend. Just curious what they're for...

Edit: Okay, I figured out it's some sort of rating system. I think it would be much better on the forum pages if hovering over a thread or page number displays the last post in the thread instead of the first post. This would be a lot more efficient than actually needing to open a thread to read it.

Just noticed I've reached infantryman even though I've only posted 36 comments just wondering y this might be ?

The criteria has apparently changed for the requirements to be an Infantryman. It used to be 100 posts and 90 days as a member. It's possible with the recent issues the forums had that when the admins reverted back to an earlier layout, the settings for this were altered.

Hey is their anyway to chage your thread name by chance, because it seems like people won't view it because it has such a generic name

If you edit the original post in your thread, then click on the "Go Advanced" button at the bottom, you will have the option of editing the title of your thread.

In the bottom left corner of the posted spam, there will be a triangle with an exclamation point, when you click it, it'll pop up a window where you report the spam.

Hey everyone, my posting permissions won't allow me to start a new thread, does anybody know why, or is there someone able to help me with this?

Hey everyone, my posting permissions won't allow me to start a new thread, does anybody know why, or is there someone able to help me with this?

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that you're trying to start a new thread in the NOOB Forum. You're an infantryman, your days of starting threads in the NOOB Forum are past. You can now post new threads everywhere except the NOOB Forum and the Elite Showcase Forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back