"Help!" for: Forum Usage

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do I add links in my signature that only show a certain word instead of the whole link? i.e. "Check out my armor wip HERE" Where the "HERE" part is clickable and takes you to a thread.

How do I add links in my signature that only show a certain word instead of the whole link? i.e. "Check out my armor wip HERE" Where the "HERE" part is clickable and takes you to a thread.
This should work, just remove spaces:
Code:
[ url=(insert url here without ()) ]TEXT[ /url ]

Or you could try this...

Type out what you want the link to say, highlight the text, then click on the link icon at the top of the dialog box and paste in the link URL.

It's essentially what colfork recommended, but a little simplified.

Is build Halo armor and pros all u can build here or is it ok to post project and get help on other builds??

You can build anything you want, for example there are alot of iron man build threads. Since you are new you will only be able to post in the noob forum. Another bit of info, if you do make a build thread and want to post pictures, you will need to first upload them to a photobucket account and copy the IMG links to post them. Reading the stickies will also help with anything else. BTW, welcome to the forum!

You can build anything you want, for example there are alot of iron man build threads. Since you are new you will only be able to post in the noob forum. Another bit of info, if you do make a build thread and want to post pictures, you will need to first upload them to a photobucket account and copy the IMG links to post them. Reading the stickies will also help with anything else. BTW, welcome to the forum!

thnx for the info and the welcome

hey this has been asked i am sure but i need to know.

i just finshed my first MK VI halo suit and want to update my thread title (how do i do that)??

thanks

hey this has been asked i am sure but i need to know.

i just finshed my first MK VI halo suit and want to update my thread title (how do i do that)??

thanks

Go back to the first post and click "Edit Post" then, click on "Go Advanced." There, you will be able to update the title.

Hello everyone,
I am making two halo helmets for a film but it is close to winter break and that is when the film is. I am wondering if I purchase items off of the 405th without being an infantryman. If not can someone provide a link to a website to buy halo helmets (pepakura)? Thanks, Noah P.S - I check Ebay for odst I got two one finished and one with just the pepping done. And I would prefer an ODST but anyone is really fine.

Spartans Never Die Their just missing in action.

You must have participated enough in the site to become an infantryman before viewing the classifieds, no one gets shortcuts.

However, it's not the bustling bazaar of business people seem to imagine it is. You won't find what you're looking for there.

There is not much of an online market for halo stuff, partly because microsoft doesn't allow it, partly because of very very low demand. If you poke through etsy or google, you occassionally find someone dumping their stuff, but most people do private use, as mold casting is rather expensive to do.

Hey does the community tolerate non-Halo project threads? I have come to be comfortable with the 405th and would rather post my other projects here then in a forum group I'm unfamiliar with.

Projects not related to Halo are just fine. There are plenty of Mass Effect and Skyrim threads, and lots more from other games and anime.

Totally new member here, I am apart of Lots of other groups, 501st, FISD, R2Builders etc. How long does it take to be able to view and post in all threads here? I signed up last night and could view home Page but now, I just get a information sign that read, you do not have permission to view this page. Thanks in advance.
AL / Blastmaster

You have to be infantryman to be able to access everything. Infantryman status requires 100 posts and some time period I don't exactly know.

Welcome!

Hey, MattMCG! The forums here seem to use traditional BulleteinBoard code as opposed to HTML, so keep that in mind. I believe there was a sticky thread in the noob board where you could get info about this, but my connection is *so* slow right now that it will be faster for me to help here than to link you there if it exists.
1. Photograph has to be hosted somewhere that allows for linking. I recommend Photobucket for that purpose.
2. Photograph must have its own web address that can be referenced. You can find this by right-clicking a photo and taking its URL from the "properties" tab, but image hosts have much more efficient ways of doing this. YOu won't be able to do this to images embedded in flash files.
3. YOu will now have to post the URL of the photo, not the page it's displayed on, but the photo itself, in an image code. It's easier than I make it sound, look at this.
[ img ] www.yourhosthere.com/whatever.your/link-extensionhappens.tobe/here.jpg [ /img ]
Post in that format, removing all of the spaces.

If you use Photobucket, the upload process is simplified now for folks who aren't as computer savvy, and each image's page will list all of the copy-paste-ready links for you to directly link *or* embed an image on your page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back