"Help!" for: Misc...

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the mark VI boots, should i get the 3 piece one so i can fit my shoes in there or the 2 piece boot?

Go with the 2 piece boot. If necessary, you can cut it into a 3 piece boot. The two piece boot fits together a little better than the 3 piece boot.

This questions kinda random, and I didnt exactly know were to put it. but can you hear anything inside the helmet with the padding and stuff.

Yup.

what did you guys use for the weird side vent "tubes" hes got near his chin on the MK VI helmet. Oh and also, how do you put lights in the helmet ( I do know how to solder and all the ). Do you put them in during the pepakura stage?

You can get some flexible conduit from any home improvement store, and then fit it in.

Lights go in after the helmet is hardened and shaped. Solding isn't too hard, but it does take practice.

This question is gonna sound really weird, but I downloaded the HD mark VI codpiece. ans it doesnt have the connector at the bottom. Is it better to go with that or gt the low-def one and have the connector?

This question is gonna sound really weird, but I downloaded the HD mark VI codpiece. ans it doesnt have the connector at the bottom. Is it better to go with that or gt the low-def one and have the connector?

That was a very poor choice of words, you know that right? I'm really having trouble not making a joke right now... :)

Well, if you absolutely want it, you can easily add it to the HD version. Just fibreglass the support strut (the flat part, anyways).

im relatively new to pepaura, though i have made a mark VI helmet before. i was wondering how u guys usually choose to attach free floating pieces? because im currently making pauldrons for a non-halo related costume and they are similar to hayabusa shoulders in the way that they arnt really connected

I said it was gonna sound wierd and how else could I have said it anyway. and I didnt realize how bad it was till I posted it any way lol.

I noticed that when people are talking about their helmets they always mention side vents. Are those the things by his chin, or do you really have vents in there. and if you do, how do you do that?

i ended up nailing drilling a hole and using a nut and bolt to keep it in place. I am going to try the velcro method next.

they would be useful, i didnt put any in mine and my helmet would fog up if i was breathing hard. I am not sure what they used, probably a peice of plastic flexible piping.

im a long way off from having the money to do this but for the rigid parts of the undersuit would a silicone rubber be good? cause i could mold it to the exact shape of what i want?

Anyone know how a half face respirator will store for or be good for after it's been openned and used once? Cause I can't do my whole suit in one day obviously so I want to know how long my respirator will be good for.

I am planning an ODST build and i am curious if anyone has suggestions for what to use as an undersuit, to mount the shoulders and other armor plates on. I would think it would be different from what would be used for a spartan, from what i can tell black military pants/shirt (basically a heavy cammo shirt, just in black) that i can get from my local surplus store should work fine but i just want to know if there would be something that would work better.

From what you've already described I dont See any problem with it is just you have to remember that the under clothing souldbe pretty tight not like under armor but more like long thermal undies (this might not apply as much to the legs but its what ever you want) sorry if I wasent that big of a help.

Oh sorry didnt see it and is there no way to reinforce it with anything like more bondo or maybe size it so theres more depth or width in the piece?

When I'm done pepping my armor I already have pieces of .4mm sheet steel that i'll be tak welding in place. And then I'll be fiberglassing and bondoing. It's a long process, but I'll be using mine in paintball matches. So I really don't see any problem in it. It's just a labor of love if you really want too.

And another thing, Would anybody know where I can get a PEP Download for for the Aliens M41a pulse Rifle.

Anyone know how a half face respirator will store for or be good for after it's been openned and used once? Cause I can't do my whole suit in one day obviously so I want to know how long my respirator will be good for.

You're talkin about a dust mask right not the little paper things? If so the dust masks have interchangeable pads or filters, they're cheap. If you've used one once, don't use it again, just pitch it and add another. You can Pick up filter at any hardware store for 10 for 3 bucks, and the masks themselves cannot filter, always make sure your cap with the air seal is covered with a cap or filter. hope that helps you.

Thanks guys, 1014 out!

The mask itself can be used a very long time. The vapour filters will degrade over time once they are unsealed, just by lying around. However, it's not like they die after a day or two, you can use them for weeks or even months, depending on how much time you spend wearing them.
Basically, you can safely use particle filters as long as you can get air through and vapour/gas filters as long as you don't smell anything (provided the substance you're seeking protection against can be smelled, which is usually the case with the stuff we work with). However, this is only true if the filters are rated for the contaminant concentration you're working in. If the concentration is too high, even a good filter will let some of the substance through.
So, in other words: Once you start smelling something other than the "filtered air smell", it's time to change something.

The mask itself can be used a very long time. The vapour filters will degrade over time once they are unsealed, just by lying around. However, it's not like they die after a day or two, you can use them for weeks or even months, depending on how much time you spend wearing them.
Basically, you can safely use particle filters as long as you can get air through and vapour/gas filters as long as you don't smell anything (provided the substance you're seeking protection against can be smelled, which is usually the case with the stuff we work with). However, this is only true if the filters are rated for the contaminant concentration you're working in. If the concentration is too high, even a good filter will let some of the substance through.
So, in other words: Once you start smelling something other than the "filtered air smell", it's time to change something.

you hit the nail on the head man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back