Not open for further replies.
Ok here are some of the Helmets I haven't seen or that seem to be "rare"

Pilot
jtm1997 made this. Check his thread.

aktaylorh made it.

fat-hi555 made it.

Ironium Costuming made this one.

torsoboy made both of them.

They can be found in the Official Halo Reach Pep File thread or the modelers' own pep file threads. Use the search function near the top of this page.

jtm1997 made this. Check his thread.

aktaylorh made it.

fat-hi555 made it.

Ironium Costuming made this one.

torsoboy made both of them.

They can be found in the Official Halo Reach Pep File thread or the modelers' own pep file threads. Use the search function near the top of this page.

My bad, I usually head to the official reach file thread, and didn't recall seeing any of those on the first page. I know there are misc files floating around in other threads or even later on in that thread maybe towards the middle, but stuff like this should be edited to page 1 if its not.

Edit* the only helmet from my list I seen on page 1 was the Hazop.

Thanks for the shout-out CoolC. :) Regarding my chest attachment method, yes it works very well and is very secure. However, it does require a helper to get in or out of it to access the buckles. If you really require the chest piece to be a one-man job (i.e. you), I'd suggest taking a look at Longshot-X's build in the Elite forum. I'm fairly sure he used large rare-earth magnets so he can put on or remove the chest piece by himself.

Your clips look exactly like I hope to do myself. Awesome job Spitfire, and thanks to Coolc for the direct link. And thanks to spitfire for remembering it was Longshot-x who used the magnets. It was late when I posted and completely forgot to credit him.

how would one make a visor without using a motorcycle visor? I'm planning on using an old one from my friend's helmet, but it's really really good so ya. I heard you can get some plastic from any cheap product and cut it into shape and tint it, but i've never tinted before and i don't know how it works :p

how would one make a visor without using a motorcycle visor? I'm planning on using an old one from my friend's helmet, but it's really really good so ya. I heard you can get some plastic from any cheap product and cut it into shape and tint it, but i've never tinted before and i don't know how it works :p

I was wondering a similar thing, but I dont have any plastic I could cut. I need to know where to get the visor and tinting spray, a goldish kind for my Mark VI

I was wondering is this a site just for people that can make their costumes or could I possibly get someone to commission something for me?

I was wondering a similar thing, but I dont have any plastic I could cut. I need to know where to get the visor and tinting spray, a goldish kind for my Mark VI

I would suggest checking Amazon and eBay for new or used visors. You could potentially spend alot of unnecessary $$$ if you mess up. Buying a motorcycle visor and trimming it down can cost around 20$ shipped if you get lucky, its also super easy, unless you like/want a challenge.

I think what you are looking for is the legendary hidden technique of vacuu-forming.

You make a pepakura fiberglass shape and use a vacuum to shape a near-molten sheet of plastic around it.
Then you tint the inside of it with nightshade, a candy transparency dark purple automotive spraypaint.

Its great for helmets like Pilot and Security and ODST.

I think what you are looking for is the legendary hidden technique of vacuu-forming.

You make a pepakura fiberglass shape and use a vacuum to shape a near-molten sheet of plastic around it.
Then you tint the inside of it with nightshade, a candy transparency dark purple automotive spraypaint.

Its great for helmets like Pilot and Security and ODST.

Thanks, but i don't understand most of that! sorry im kinda new. I'm making cqb by the way. do you know a tutorial?

Looking to start work on a full Mark V suit here (Pepakura). You guys have any suggestions as to what kind of helmet I should use to wrap the folded pieces around? Or are there better techniques for simply fitting the pepakura folds to fit well on your head?

Thanks, but i don't understand most of that! sorry im kinda new. I'm making cqb by the way. do you know a tutorial?

There are instructables on the topic and you'll also find threads about it or at least containing it here on the forums. Google will help you find them.

Looking to start work on a full Mark V suit here (Pepakura). You guys have any suggestions as to what kind of helmet I should use to wrap the folded pieces around? Or are there better techniques for simply fitting the pepakura folds to fit well on your head?

You don't need a helmet or any other base to put the pieces onto. You glue them together and the result will look like what you see on the screen. You also can't change the size once the pieces are printed, getting the right size (or scale, which is why it's called "scaling") is in part guesswork and has to be done before printing.

Have a look at these:
http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/30542-NOOB-reading-list
http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/31627-HaloGoddess-quot-How-To-Scale-quot-and-More-Tutorial

Thank you venture. I wasn't sure if a helmet of sorts was needed to make it actually fit on my head, but like you said, It must be all about scaling. I'm just worried that it'll print out too damn big. xD

There are no specific tutorial on how to make a CQB. You just get a pepakura file, scale and print it out. Follow the general tutorials on how to resin, fiberglass, bondo. Please read the stickies in the noob forum for more tutorials.

Vacu-forming is not an easy art. First you need to have a rigid visor or any model that you want to form. You need to build table with a vacuum attached to it. You soften a sheet of plastic (such as styrene) and then place on the table with the vacuum turned on. If build correctly, the styrene sheet will take the form of the model. Search YouTube and you get the idea.

There are no specific tutorial on how to make a CQB. You just get a pepakura file, scale and print it out. Follow the general tutorials on how to resin, fiberglass, bondo. Please read the stickies in the noob forum for more tutorials.

Vacu-forming is not an easy art. First you need to have a rigid visor or any model that you want to form. You need to build table with a vacuum attached to it. You soften a sheet of plastic (such as styrene) and then place on the table with the vacuum turned on. If build correctly, the styrene sheet will take the form of the model. Search YouTube and you get the idea.

Well i know how to make cqb. i've made it alreay, well im almost done fiberglassing anyway, im quite good at it i think. I ment the visor. Thanks for the help you guys! I got an idea from xxbocephusxx on youtube, he made a visor out of plastic, like packaging plastic, then he tinted it. The only porblem is i don't know how to tint or how it turns out with the gold chrome, or even if gold chrome is possible. No clue.

Thank you venture. I wasn't sure if a helmet of sorts was needed to make it actually fit on my head, but like you said, It must be all about scaling. I'm just worried that it'll print out too damn big. xD

Well the way that I scaled my helmet is by looking at some pics and finding how the helmet is supposed to fit on my head and I got a friends help to measure how high it should be on my head. I typed it into the scaling box and then used the other 2 dimensions given to see how long and how wide it will be and whether that matches the pics I looked at. Hope this helps.

um no ones responding so im guessing im right. Well you guys are awsome and helpful anyway!!! Thanks for all the help, and im gonna try that and if it dosn't work ill keep askin

:)

um no ones responding so im guessing im right. Well you guys are awsome and helpful anyway!!! Thanks for all the help, and im gonna try that and if it dosn't work ill keep askin

:)

Probably didn't get too many responses since most people don't make + tint their own visors. We tend to buy commercially available motorcycle/scooter helmet replacement visors in whatever color or finish we want.

For a CQB helmet, which has a rather tall opening, I'd consider using this one:
http://www.amazon.com/Motorcycle-Sc..._5?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1288647508&sr=1-5

If you really want to make your own and you have a clear visor already formed and ready to go, then I think you can tint it using Krylon X-Metals spray paints or other metallic lacquers, and spray on very fine mist coats until you get the look you're going for, while maintaining visibility.

Again, I have no real personal experience with this, I'm just going by what I've read on here from other people doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back