"Help!" for: Misc...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the way that I scaled my helmet is by looking at some pics and finding how the helmet is supposed to fit on my head and I got a friends help to measure how high it should be on my head. I typed it into the scaling box and then used the other 2 dimensions given to see how long and how wide it will be and whether that matches the pics I looked at. Hope this helps.
Thankee Sai, much appreciated. :)

Anyone have any quick advice about 3D printers? My wife is trying to convince me its a good idea, but it does have a small problem, a $1400ish price tag.

Anyone have any quick advice about 3D printers? My wife is trying to convince me its a good idea, but it does have a small problem, a $1400ish price tag.

You can have stuff printed online in a number of materials as well. Unless you plan to 3D print your next car or boat, that'll probably be a lot cheaper.

3D printers are great but the home hobby one wont do you much more than some addons to your armor. To make pieces of armor themselves your looking at commercial printers and very expensive. Your better bet is looking into CNC routers if you want something a bit more compatible with this field.

Hey guys I no the answer to my question it's probably on the forum somewhere but for the life of my I can find the answer

So can anyone tell me where I can get 110 cardstock/175 gsm in Australia or what gsm is the smallest and largest I could safely go to

Hey, I'm working on a scout helmet and am wondering how to make the visor easy and cheap, it has to be gold and I wanted to make it so that can see out (obviously) but not in. Can any one help me find a good cheap easy way to go about making one?

Hey guys I no the answer to my question it's probably on the forum somewhere but for the life of my I can find the answer

So can anyone tell me where I can get 110 cardstock/175 gsm in Australia or what gsm is the smallest and largest I could safely go to

First and foremost before others hit you too hard with this, you should always fall back to google for searches like this, but the short answer is that cardstock can be found at any major office supply store. Googling "office supply stores in australia" will probably point you to Officeworks. You should be able to find what you need there in large enough quantities.

Try to get something heavier, 200 g/m² maybe. I even use 250 g/m², that's pretty thick and can lead to problems on small pieces, but it's very durable. I suppose you'll find it at any store that sells paper and such things. You can also try the internet. Amazon, eBay, etc.

yeah I've try Google like crazy and it really doesn't give me much well much that i can under stand because I'm a "noob" with this

thanks for telling me what you can ill keep looking around and if all else fail ill buy from the US and have it shipped out to me

I'm not sure where to ask this question, and I don't want to create a new thread because it isn't needed, so I guess it belongs here in the miscellaneous? I'd like to get one of those Armor Status signatures for when I start my armor, and I've found a link to it by using the search. However, the website is no longer available. So I was wondering if you guys know of any other webpages that has the generator? Or am I going to have to use an editing program?

The website I've tried is heavenofanime.org/maker.

I got a quickie, didn't the 405th sell hats at one point? Do the still? if yes can I get a link? I just got back from 4 days working out of town and my brain is sub-par at the moment.

Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back