"Help!" for: Misc...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, heres my problem. Every time I try to print pepakura on 210 Card it comes out black. Now Ive just got a new computer (hp B110) and hoped it would fix this problem but it hasn't. I think Ive worked out why, I assume its because the printers are not designed to print on paper/ card as think as 210 and so the ink is slightly closer than it should be and so printers everywhere instead of where I want it to. It has worked but its more of a trial, error get lucky situation, is there any way to configure or modify the printer to accept larger card? Thanks :)

hey i was wondering where can i find spartan visors like a website to buy them off of

If the stories prophesied in Halo are accurate you'll have to wait about five centuries before Spartan face-plates come to market (and even then they'll probably be classified as military technology and unavailable to the general public). Most people now-a-days use motorcycle plates purchased from anywhere helmets are sold or online from places like eBay or Amazon.

yea i guess ur right were just having problems finding good priced visors that arent out of our price range the ones on amazon and ebay are too much if we can find them

Ok, heres my problem. Every time I try to print pepakura on 210 Card it comes out black. ...

First, try printing one page at a time. For some reason, this solves a lot of problems with Pepakura. If the program starts printing all black pages, or just the edge ID's (the numbers) here are the printer settings that solved that problem for me:

Under "Settings" click "Print and Paper Settings"
Leave the default the way it's been working for you, but select:
"Print Lines Smoothly (Bitmap print)"; and
"Transparency" to 0%.
If that's the way you already have it, try the opposite, then close and restart the program.

yea i guess ur right were just having problems finding good priced visors that arent out of our price range the ones on amazon and ebay are too much if we can find them

I was being a bit silly...but generally if you can find something for 20 to 30 dollars (before shipping) I think you're finding a relatively good price. Good hunting.

Thanks Roadkiller :) Kind of busy at the moment but I'll try it tonight and see what happens. Ive tried the bitmap 0% transparency but not the other way round and one page at a time so fingers crossed it will work :D

Okay for the pep that I construct, do I apply fiberglass and do everything to the pep? Or what am I supposed to do with it?

Hey guys I'm wanting to start a foam build. I found some foam but there are little bumps on it. So I'm wondering is that the wrong foam, or how so you smooth it out?

hey guys i'm gonna start working on my spartan boots, but i dont know what type of shoe to get for it?so im wondering where can i get good shoes that aren't expensive.

Hey guys I'm wanting to start a foam build. I found some foam but there are little bumps on it. So I'm wondering is that the wrong foam, or how so you smooth it out?

Depending on what type of foam you're using, a heat gun can smooth out the texture quite well. Just be careful not to let it scorch. Keep it moving, and don't hold it too close to the foam.

hey guys i'm gonna start working on my spartan boots, but i dont know what type of shoe to get for it?so im wondering where can i get good shoes that aren't expensive.

You can probably use a Black Tennis Shoe To put the armor over which is what most people do. And If you want to use an actual Boot id advise Measuring Not Only the boot itself but the circumference (All the way around ) Your ankle with the boot on At the top and at your ankle so that you can get the Shin piece sized right so it will fit over the boot. And Any shoe store should have pretty good deals if your looking to use them just for costume wearing like WalMart Payless Koles, Places like that should do. Hope Ive been of some help. Keep Building 405th RT Out.

You can go for low cut black boots or high top, the cheapest they run on amazon is 20 I got a nice comfortable black combat boot with zipper on the side for 25, or you could go to a army surplus store in your area and get them for real cheap due to the fact that the army no longer uses black boots.
I

I got some fishing boots from Canadian Tire. They're black neoprene and rubber. They'll attach really well to foam boot coverings. Best of all, they slip on. No laces to deal with.

How much does each finished armor approximately weigh? My friend wants a set of Spartan III armor and i need to ship it to him when its done and would just like an idea about weight for the shipping cost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back