"Help!" for: Misc...

Status
Not open for further replies.
It isn't simply based on your number of posts, as someone can easily just boost their posts. I believe you also have to contribute to the community and other things. It's all up to the Moderators though. (Correct me if I'm wrong)

So I've seen this really thin (maybe a 1/4 inch or 3/16th - somewhere in there) black, adhesive backed, foam. I've seen it used inside of football and hockey gear, but the question remains, where do I get it!!! Anyone know of a supplier?

Thanks!

Hello!

I have recently purchased a 3d model of a Gundam that I want to pep. Unfortunately the model is far too detailed for Pepakura to make sense of the polygons and faces. I cant unfold it manually or automatically and have the results make any sense.

Any tips on how I can get the model ready for pepakura, or any open source programs which reduce polygons or simplify models? Id prefer not to have to put in too many hours on the 3d model before I even get to unfold it! (if thats even possible).

Thanks ahead of time!

I was wondering what the process of making a pep weapon was. I heard that your supposed to fill it with hardener?

I need some help for working with foam (modelling foam similar to polystyrene) Im making a Servbot mask and for the silver bit on top of the helmet i've decided to use foam to sculpt it from as its easy to shape and sand down. However i dont know how to (1) coat the foam in some way that gives a smooth, untextured surface, i want the surface to be completely smooth and not see the texture of the foam (would just sanding it all down work?) and (2) How to paint the foam. I know you cant spray paint foam as they tend to melt it

This is the block of foam i have to sculpt from: http://www.fileden.com/files/2011/10/6/3205467/P1050187c.jpg Mainly im unsure how to make the surface of the foam smooth to not see the marks, holes etc that foam has. Paint i could try trial and error i suppose but wondering what most people here use when working with foam builds? I've never worked with foam before

I need some help for working with foam (modelling foam similar to polystyrene) Im making a Servbot mask and for the silver bit on top of the helmet i've decided to use foam to sculpt it from as its easy to shape and sand down. However i dont know how to (1) coat the foam in some way that gives a smooth, untextured surface, i want the surface to be completely smooth and not see the texture of the foam (would just sanding it all down work?) and (2) How to paint the foam. I know you cant spray paint foam as they tend to melt it

This is the block of foam i have to sculpt from: http://www.fileden.com/files/2011/10/6/3205467/P1050187c.jpg Mainly im unsure how to make the surface of the foam smooth to not see the marks, holes etc that foam has. Paint i could try trial and error i suppose but wondering what most people here use when working with foam builds? I've never worked with foam before

I think both of your questions have the same answer. Plasti-dip.

I believe it will fill in the holes that foam makes but will also end up having a smooth coat (not completely sure! ther emight have to be something else done). after Plasti-dip is added, you can spray paint it or paint it anyway you would like

There's a whole group of hobbyists that actually design and build their own auto bodies - sculpted out of polyurethane (PU) foam. If I were working with foam, I think I would start by watching A LOT of their vids. They're pretty easy to find on youtube - search criteria: PU Foam Car. After watching a couple myself, I think if I had specific questions (like finishing techniques) I might even message one of those guys on youtube. Here's an example of some of the PU Foam scuplting craziness. Sooo much potential - I seriously can't wait to have a garage. Just some thoughts on the subject... Good luck with your build!

I was getting ready to work on a sliced DMR and wanted to clarify a few things about it.

http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/24086-*The-Official*-Halo-Reach-Pepakura-Files-Thread
The DMR is about a third of the way down the page

1. Will one layer of cardboard work for each piece or will i have to make multiples of certain ones?
2. Is there a certain size of carboard/foam that i should use or will 1/16 work fine
3. I'm sure I will have to mirror the other side, but do I mirror all pieces or do I just make 1 of the one that will be in the center?

Thanks in advance.

Also if someone can tell me how I can delete or lock the thread I accidently created about this, that would be very helpful.

Edit: Nevermind on this question, I found the answers I needed

Ok so I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I've been trying to figure how to mount the face shield/ visor into my mark VI helmet. I'm sorry if I'm just blind and haven't seen posts on it but if anyone could point me in the right direction I'd be much obliged. :)

Ok so I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I've been trying to figure how to mount the face shield/ visor into my mark VI helmet. I'm sorry if I'm just blind and haven't seen posts on it but if anyone could point me in the right direction I'd be much obliged. :)

A good place to start is at BLACKULA727's thread (http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/31352-Tutorial-Install-amp-Detail-your-visor). He's compiled a few techniques that identify materials and methods.

Hi.So i decided to take up creating halo costumes, but I've been looking around and i cant seem to figure out how to make the base for the helmets or armor. like some sort of model like thing or a mold of some kind, help me out?

I want to pep a halo 4 helmet because I wanted to mold and cast it and then sell the casts, if it comes out well I was wondering if any one would buy a cast remember this is just somethIng I am planning to do I need ad least one person interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back