"Help!" for: Misc...

Status
Not open for further replies.
@LikeLightning No problem :)

@Frankyboy440 I look for foam in Estonia, if you find something good, tell me, we may have the brand here :)

This looks like the best place to ask my question. How do I export a .pdo file to a laser to cut out a sliced weapon?

So the .pdo files are created from 3-D models right?
Is there a way to reverse engineer models out of all the pepakura files on the website? Because it would be a lot easier to 3-d print some of these objects then make casts!!! :)

I hope I'm posting in the right spot. I think Halo is a great game, but I'm more interested in building a Mass Effect armor set. I'm not sure where to even start the whole process. I've downloaded a few images of the armor set I'd like, and I'm willing to put in all the time and effort in order to make a great set, I just have no idea where to start.

rXcTN.jpg

This is the Terminus Armor set from Mass Effect 2. I just downloaded Pepakura, but I still don't have any idea how to upload these in there. It's been suggested that foam would be better then paper and resin. I'm looking for all kinds of guidance.

I appreciate any and all forms of help :)
Thanks in advance.

I am seeing soooo many visors with reasonably elaborate visor detail, yet, I have yet to see one person talk about how they did it. Where would I go to find out?

"classifieds whereabouts"

Hi,
I'm new here just registered today. I have used this site and previous posts and forums for about the last month. I had made a hayabusa helmet the agbates model. It was completely resin coated and bondoed. Paint was good. And all I needed was a visor. It was crushed and destroyed by a spiteful friend. I wanna know if anyone knows where I can find the classifieds section. I wanna know if anyone is retailing ODST armor or can make some. Again I know this is the wrong section to post. But I cannot locate the correct area to post.
Thanks
James

You cannot use the classifieds, nor buy/sell armor until you've been a member at least three months (That'll be July 14th) and have a post count around 100-150.

I'm hoping this is the proper place to ask.

I'm not a 3D modeler by any means. But I'm having trouble unfolding a ripped game model in pepakura. The problem is that it's all in one piece, and just knowing my own measurements, I won't be able to scale it and have it fit. I need to break up the model into pieces, but I have absolutely no idea how to do so. I imported it into blender and tried following a text tutorial, but it got me nowhere. So any suggestions? If it helps, I also have access to 3Ds max, though I have no idea how to use it.

If you are unfolding in pep designer, you have a tool that breaks it apart, the icon looks like a zipper. You can use this to cut along the lines of the polygons of the 3d model. Though I thought you could set a threshold for the unfolder also (in degrees)

If you are unfolding in pep designer, you have a tool that breaks it apart, the icon looks like a zipper. You can use this to cut along the lines of the polygons of the 3d model. Though I thought you could set a threshold for the unfolder also (in degrees)

Thank you so much for responding so quickly. But that doesn't quite solve the issue. I probably wasn't being clear enough. currently my armor model is a single pdo. But I need to split it into multiple to correctly scale everything. For proper sizing, the leg armor has to be in a different scale than the arms, etc. It's strictly more of a problem with the 3D model than the unfolding process. I fooled around with the zipper icon, and dividing/combining the faces didn't fix the fact that I need to pep/unfold each piece of the armor seperately.

I'm working on a build of the Ranger Veteran Helmet from Fallout: New Vegas. The big issue I'm currently having is fitting glasses into the area you see through. Where do I begin with this? I'm not a welder or anything, so I just have basic supplies. I imagined that I should buy a motorcycle visor but I can't imagine I'd be able to cut it down. I also considered purchasing tinted aviators to fit inside but they're certainly too small. Any simple, cost effective solutions out there?

Thank you so much for responding so quickly. But that doesn't quite solve the issue. I probably wasn't being clear enough. currently my armor model is a single pdo. But I need to split it into multiple to correctly scale everything. For proper sizing, the leg armor has to be in a different scale than the arms, etc. It's strictly more of a problem with the 3D model than the unfolding process. I fooled around with the zipper icon, and dividing/combining the faces didn't fix the fact that I need to pep/unfold each piece of the armor seperately.

Woops, sorry for the delayed response this time! If you need different scales for each piece you have a few options that I am aware of (I am not SUPER familiar with pep)
1) You could export the 3d object file, and then split it in a program like autodesk inventor
2) You can put each group of pieces (like all the leg pieces) onto individual pages in the pepakura 2d window, then adjust the scale for one piece, and only print out the pages for that one, then adjust the scale for the next piece and print only those pages, etc.

These are both kind of workaround ways, but they can get you through it. From my experiences with pep, it has a VERY limited 3d model editing feature, which is sort of what you need in this case.

I'm working on a build of the Ranger Veteran Helmet from Fallout: New Vegas. The big issue I'm currently having is fitting glasses into the area you see through. Where do I begin with this? I'm not a welder or anything, so I just have basic supplies. I imagined that I should buy a motorcycle visor but I can't imagine I'd be able to cut it down. I also considered purchasing tinted aviators to fit inside but they're certainly too small. Any simple, cost effective solutions out there?

here is a tutorial a member made for installing visors, it may be scalable down to ranger size.
http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/31352-Tutorial-Install-amp-Detail-your-visor

Google Sketchup is an easy and quick 3D modeling program, and you could easily separate the pieces with it. I did that on the ODST I'm working on, because 4shared doesn't work for me so I can't DL the files. But You might need Sketchup Pro.

Google Sketchup is an easy and quick 3D modeling program, and you could easily separate the pieces with it. I did that on the ODST I'm working on, because 4shared doesn't work for me so I can't DL the files. But You might need Sketchup Pro.

You're a saint. It took some fiddling around. But once I figured it out, Sketchup Pro did the trick. Thank you so much.

I'm really confused about how to make the visor. I want to see through it, but I don't want my face visible (like nearly everyone else). I want to make an EVA Helmet, but I don't know a thing about vacuum-forming. Help?

EDIT: I know this question has been done to death and back, but I don't have time to search through the entire 58 pages just to find the answer to how to do a EVA/any other visor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back