"Help!" for: Painting

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello guys, i have a question. how can i get a good gash effect on my helmet. im looking for the type of gash were a brute just cut my helmet with his sword and left a deep cut into the metal, (slightly melted or rippled). i already know how to give it the work pain look. im looking for more damage to the helmet as if it were real metal look.

all tips are appreciated =p

does anybody know what is the colour of master chief ?
I`m been guessing it`s a mixture of green sage and some Grey pattern (But I din`t found any grey colour as lack of item in my country and find only silver does using silver aside from grey possible) ?

sorry for some mislanguage
hello from indonesia

would you guys know what paint would be apropriate for eva foam mats

Is a guy required to used plasti-dip on foam before painting or can I just ggo and paint directly of the foam?

Before you paint EVA foam, you MUST seal it it plasti-dip. Any sealant that does not melt foam will work too. If you don't seal the foam, the foam will act as a sponge and soaks any paint you throw at it. Plus foam will bend and will crack the paint. I used Plasti-Dip and it worked really well. As for type of paints, automotive spray paint works best.

does anybody know what is the colour of master chief ?
I`m been guessing it`s a mixture of green sage and some Grey pattern (But I din`t found any grey colour as lack of item in my country and find only silver does using silver aside from grey possible) ?

The correct color is "Oregano Green".

Whats the difference between weathering and painting?

Painting is the action of applying paint on the surface. Weathering comes next. You basically use a "wash" or "dry brushing" to age the paint. Search YouTube on these 2 techniques. If you don't use weathering, the armor will look like a new recruit off the production line. Weathering will make a veteran Spartan shine.

Thank you CoolC for the first time I'm not invisible on this forum! Next question; is it better to paint on the plasti-dip or get the spray stuff?

Thank you CoolC for the first time I'm not invisible on this forum! Next question; is it better to paint on the plasti-dip or get the spray stuff?

I know how you feel. Nowadays I see a lot more noobs showing off their work than veterans sticking around to help new members. At least you follow the rules and ask your question in the right stickies. ;)

And to your question, I can only speak from my experience. I used the spray stuff. It worked really well but the spray plasti-dip is more expensive.

I know they pop up everywhere my thread just evaporated and its too far down that if I post it will be a necro infraction so Im just leaving it. Anyhow where does one buy plasti dip? Ive only seen stun in a paint can. And does the color matter?

I know they pop up everywhere my thread just evaporated and its too far down that if I post it will be a necro infraction so Im just leaving it. Anyhow where does one buy plasti dip? Ive only seen stun in a paint can. And does the color matter?

I bought mine from Amazon. I know Lowe's sell plasti-dip too. Look for it in the spray paint section.

I have a dillema. While I'm not near the painting stage yet, I decided to look around hardware stores for the paint.
I can't find a good orange, its all standard orange or Neon.

The color I'm looking for is that lighter yellowish orange, Like Grif from Red vs Blue.
Am I looking in the wrong places, or is there somthing other than spray paint that is usable?

Ignore my previous question. I found a local paint supplier that can do custom colour spray paint.

Now for a new question, since a custom colour is going to be a bit pricy I don't want to order too much. What is the average amount of cans used for the main colour on a suit?

I am at wit's end on this one... hopefully there is an answer here.

I have been trying to paint the Tactonyx m6 pistol, I've tried two different types of primer, I sand and wash each piece thoroughly, but still I get spots on each piece where neither primer nor paint nor overcote will dry. They remain tacky and easily rubbed off. Is there something I can do, or am doing?

I am at wit's end on this one... hopefully there is an answer here.

I have been trying to paint the Tactonyx m6 pistol, I've tried two different types of primer, I sand and wash each piece thoroughly, but still I get spots on each piece where neither primer nor paint nor overcote will dry. They remain tacky and easily rubbed off. Is there something I can do, or am doing?

I too have that pistol and just painted mine and had the same problem and just kinda went with it as in rubbing off the paint that would not dry cuz i tried using acetone to clean it off. But in doing so with rubbing the paint off those areas which still leaves some color behind but gave it a kinda used look to the gun which i am very satisfied with

Did you re-seal it after rubbing off the paint? I am concerned that even the sealer wasn't curing in those spots.

Did you re-seal it after rubbing off the paint? I am concerned that even the sealer wasn't curing in those spots.

No i did not seal it and i dont know if i will either but i dont think a sealer will stick either, but either way i am satisfied

Yeah, the sealer isn't sticking for me in the spots where the primer nor the paint was sticking.. Glad yours is working out!

Where are these spots on the pistol? I Have a couple of theories of why the paint isn't sticking, and I wonder if they're the same spots on both of your guy's guns?

Edit: Ok, To fix the problem with the paint jobs and what not, the model has to go into post curing to extract the remaining oil in the models. This will correct the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back