"Help!" for: Papercraft or Pepakura

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't have to estimate any margins, the program hides them everywhere except on the outermost pages of your design, so whatever is between the dotted lines is the actual printable area. If your printer has large margins, it's best to increase the respective setting in Pepakura Designer.

That's not the way it has been working on mine. I set my margins to the smallest possible in both my printer settings and pepakura. So far i've had to shift the pieces back and estimate margins or it doesn't print. It's also not my printer because I've printed pieces out on 4 different printers. I recommend a test page.

That's not the way it has been working on mine. I set my margins to the smallest possible in both my printer settings and pepakura. So far i've had to shift the pieces back and estimate margins or it doesn't print. It's also not my printer because I've printed pieces out on 4 different printers. I recommend a test page.

The margin in Pepakura Designer needs to be equal to or larger than your printer's minimum margin, otherwise something falls into the area where it can't print and gets cut off. The minimum (and default, I think) 5 mm are less than what a lot of printers need, especially at the bottom where they hold on to the page.

The margin in Pepakura Designer needs to be equal to or larger than your printer's minimum margin, otherwise something falls into the area where it can't print and gets cut off. The minimum (and default, I think) 5 mm are less than what a lot of printers need, especially at the bottom where they hold on to the page.

Yes, I know this (Have my A+) the program automatically modifies it to the smallest possible printing area for my printer when i set margins to 0. Again, however, this isn't about printing area, it's about margins. No matter which computer or printer I use with it or how I change the margins, I still have to estimate. Maybe you don't have this problem but I always have and I've learned to deal with it. Again, best to print a test page just to make sure.

What type of glue should i use?

Depends on your preference. I personally prefer elmers glue because it's probably the cheapest and gets the job done rather quickly. Some people use superglue and some people use wood glue and some even use hot glue. I don't recommend hot glue personally, as it's known to come unglued sometimes during the resin face (resin is HOT when you add hardener incase you haven't used it before). Though some people have had no trouble with hot glue so again, experimentation and preference, really.

Hi everyone, I need a little help here.
I'm looking for a pep file for a simple helmet base, or anyone can help to create and unfold? :) it's kinda like this
helmetbase.jpg

for normal human head size of course

In Indonesian we usually make kamen rider helmet using eva foam, and to get the shape with foam I need petterns.

this is very useful pattern to make every heisei kamen rider helmet, you just need to modify and add more detail.
69385_1455757003296_1514470550_31174862_3100590_n.jpg
71666_1456622104923_1514470550_31175858_4898222_n.jpg
69385_1455756963295_1514470550_31174861_6554278_n.jpg

so if I have that patterns it's more easy to make anything rider helmet :D
206608_1724986213858_1514470550_31586250_4884900_n.jpg

165598_1547409174543_1514470550_31334131_4443736_n.jpg

196662_1650589713992_1514470550_31510734_8046244_n.jpg

200628_1651298331707_1514470550_31511374_5767791_n.jpg

sorry for the big pics and my bad english

Depends on your preference. I personally prefer elmers glue because it's probably the cheapest and gets the job done rather quickly. Some people use superglue and some people use wood glue and some even use hot glue. I don't recommend hot glue personally, as it's known to come unglued sometimes during the resin face (resin is HOT when you add hardener incase you haven't used it before). Though some people have had no trouble with hot glue so again, experimentation and preference, really.

I have used hot glue on my peps for years and have NEVER had it come apart during resining, or rondoing for that matter, and when curing, rondo definitely gets hot. It is better (in my opinion) than the other glues. You have a few seconds to get it where you want it, then it sticks and stays. If you need to reposition it later, you can use the tip of the gun to reheat it and move it around. And unlike super glue, it peels right off if you happen to stick your finger in it. However, I recommend you use a low heat mini glue gun if you decide to go this route. It will help keep you from getting burned. You just have to use common sense and pay attention to what you are doing. They are really cheap at Wally World, just a few dollars and a pack of glue sticks last quite a long time. But as NEoKeth said, it's all about preference.

This is my two cents, hope it helps.

I've been using various ones, but this was suggested to me by a scrapbooking friend of mines, and I haven't used anything else since (not even hot glue, which was nice, since it dried quickly, but can be painful to use). I should have consulted the scrapbooking afficiandos sooner, as since they work with paper, they'd have the best suggestions fr glue:

http://www.amazon.com/Tacky-Quick-Drying-Non-toxic-Acid-free/dp/B001A3XZB2

You can find the above at any Craft supply store (Hobby Lobby, JoAnns, Michaels). And yes it does dry in about a minute. The tip also helps with precise placement of your glue.

Even though its a small bottle, it goes a long way. I've built a helmet, front armor piece, back armor piece, two leg pieces, two thigh pieces, and a collar (which had over 2000 flaps) and barely used one bottle.

Hi everyone. I'm seeking help in making a Shredder Helmet. I have the pep file ready. My problem is that the pep file comes with the helmet and 2 shoulder pads and I only want to scale the helmet part. I've looked at tutorials on how to scale armor by Xtreme TACTICS 101's and mroreo123's scaling program, but these tutorials scale single pieces of armor. So since my shredder pep file has 3 pieces altogether, how do you think I should go about scaling it? Thanks.

I have used hot glue on my peps for years and have NEVER had it come apart during resining, or rondoing for that matter, and when curing, rondo definitely gets hot. It is better (in my opinion) than the other glues. You have a few seconds to get it where you want it, then it sticks and stays. If you need to reposition it later, you can use the tip of the gun to reheat it and move it around. And unlike super glue, it peels right off if you happen to stick your finger in it. However, I recommend you use a low heat mini glue gun if you decide to go this route. It will help keep you from getting burned. You just have to use common sense and pay attention to what you are doing. They are really cheap at Wally World, just a few dollars and a pack of glue sticks last quite a long time. But as NEoKeth said, it's all about preference.

This is my two cents, hope it helps.

AGAIN with arguing about hot glue? Please, re-read. I stated that SOME have had problems with it but not all.

That's a matter of personal preference.

Well, since my first reply apparently didn't satisfy: I use superglue, and I would recommend it. (Mind that superglue can be sensitising and that the vapours are irritating. Ventilate well.)

As you see, you now have 3 or 4 different recommendations, and you're back to doing what I said in the first place: Choose what you like.

Hi everyone. I'm seeking help in making a Shredder Helmet. I have the pep file ready. My problem is that the pep file comes with the helmet and 2 shoulder pads and I only want to scale the helmet part. I've looked at tutorials on how to scale armor by Xtreme TACTICS 101's and mroreo123's scaling program, but these tutorials scale single pieces of armor. So since my shredder pep file has 3 pieces altogether, how do you think I should go about scaling it? Thanks.

No idea what you're building there (well, I know what a shredder is of course, but that's probably not it... :)) - but if you want to scale those pieces separately, just insert the desired scale factor for one of them in Pepakura Designer and drag the pieces of the other ones off the pages towards the top left. That way they won't print.

AGAIN with arguing about hot glue? Please, re-read. I stated that SOME have had problems with it but not all.

Whoa,whoa, easy there fella. No one is arguing. I was stating my opinion and personal experience with it. And please re-read my last statement...It is all about preference.

Hello 405th!

I need to know if .pep files can be converted back into 3D object files (obj., .3ds, etc) so that they can be altered or adjusted from the 3D modeling program.

Please help the best you can,
NK

I need to know if .pep files can be converted back into 3D object files (obj., .3ds, etc) so that they can be altered or adjusted from the 3D modeling program.
I suggest that you speak with the original modeler for the 3d models. What you're asking can get you in BIG trouble with everyone here.

You can add a cooling system to a padded undersuit. A very simple cooling meathod is a BMX cooling bib that you soak in / water allow to dry and wear under your under suit. It cools the area around your neck for hours.

Yeah I'm doing a MKVI suit I really shoulda mentioned that >.< those Slim files would be a god send! I'll go check those out, thanks. The scaling isn't too much an issue for me, I just find the files I want, and the lowdef MkVI ones that are scaled for the Chief, then I use my ratios for that one, find out what it would come out to and pop those dimensions into the Highdef non-MC files, and it's nearly identical. Being tall has it's drawbacks =p I just recently found out that Boeing 737s dont have a large enough door, and I gotta duck it XD

I haven't given too much thought to the undersuit yet, but heat management is going to play a huge factor in it, so extra bulk may end up being too hot. Being in Hawaii and SoCal will make shenanigans unbearable if it all keeps me nice and toasty at 110+. Though for now, I think I'll be wearing dark clothes, possibly some motocross leathers, and rigging up a set of suspenders and clips to keep it all in the right places. That's a ways down the road still, I haven't even pepped out all my pieces.

Thanks for the help,
Jake

Hi everyone, I need a little help here.
I'm looking for a pep file for a simple helmet base, or anyone can help to create and unfold? :) it's kinda like this
helmetbase.jpg

for normal human head size of course

In Indonesian we usually make kamen rider helmet using eva foam, and to get the shape with foam I need petterns.

this is very useful pattern to make every heisei kamen rider helmet, you just need to modify and add more detail.
69385_1455757003296_1514470550_31174862_3100590_n.jpg
71666_1456622104923_1514470550_31175858_4898222_n.jpg
69385_1455756963295_1514470550_31174861_6554278_n.jpg

so if I have that patterns it's more easy to make anything rider helmet :D
206608_1724986213858_1514470550_31586250_4884900_n.jpg

165598_1547409174543_1514470550_31334131_4443736_n.jpg

196662_1650589713992_1514470550_31510734_8046244_n.jpg

200628_1651298331707_1514470550_31511374_5767791_n.jpg

sorry for the big pics and my bad english

bang irfan can you give me pepakura file to this helmet please send to my pm thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back