"Help!" for: Papercraft or Pepakura

Status
Not open for further replies.
p0m85.jpg

I'm using one of them from the library of files you sent me. I'm 15 and 177 cm tall. So, my heads roughly 28 cm. I'm not quite sure where to go from here.

Hi every body!

I'm new on the forum and i don't want to seek in the 145 pages to find my answer so I ask here(it will be too much long). I'm a beginner and in first i would like to make a plasma grenade. I printed all papers and now there are only one kind of line. These one -------- . In wich sense must I fold the line (fold comes from google traduction) if the paper is in front of me on my desk

I hope that you could understand and answer to my question and sory for my english, I'm french.

Thank you

Dash Dash Dash (Montain folds)

Dash dot Dash (Valley folds)

mountain fold is when you have a piece of paper in front of you, fold it down and it makes a peak (Mountain)

Valley fold is when you have a piece of paper in front of you and fold it upward it makes a (Valley)

:) "Hope that helps"

I'm using one of them from the library of files you sent me. I'm 15 and 177 cm tall. So, my heads roughly 28 cm. I'm not quite sure where to go from here.

So, the inner lip on that helmet is pretty necessary, so you need to size it to match the diameter of your head. The lip makes up about 2/7 of the total width, so calculate your head's width in mm, and do width + (width * 0.2), that should give you a good starting test value. Then build the bottom of the helmet and try the fit.

good luck, take you time... thas the key bro - turn the music off, tell the family to leave the house, shoot the dog... NO Distractions - enjoy, its actually quite refreshing to put your time into something that you want to do without any distractions - "Good luck"

In pepakura DESIGNER go to 2d -> Change Scale -> Scale Factor

And get ready to move a lot of pieces around if you're going bigger.

Okay, I've printed everything out onto 110lbs card-stock, it's a slightly brownish color.
I just want to make sure, is there any rules I need to take in to account before I start building. I see people build from the back first, and some from the top.
I also see that they end up extremely neat. Any tips?

What works for you can only be determined from practice and trial and error, unfortunately. There's no one good way to start, or which direction to go when building.

But a few very very very important thing to keep in mind is to keep it clean:
-Cut as cleanly as possible
-Be sure all of the numbers line up with their corresponding piece, If you are a off on one spot, it will have a ripple effect and throw off a later piece even worse.
-Sharply fold all fold lines and tabs, it's important for keeping the piece accurate, clean, and strong

Take your time, be meticulous but don't wear yourself out. If you're using hot glue, remember that you can always undo errors! If you're using PVA glue... be very very VERY careful!

I do the peak (Hardest part) first... get that out the way...then move the the face section...then move backwards from front to back :) if that helps any.

Okay, well. I made a mistake, and I started from the bottom of my helmet. (I also started on the MK VI)
Problem is, that it's too weak to hold together, because there's nothing above it. I'm afraid it might warp. What should I do?

If you're using 110lbs cardstock, it should be strong enough, and each new level will build it up.

If that isn't enough, you can start the top piece, and then build down to joint it to the stuff you already made.

Sorry to bother you again, but I think i'm getting what my problem is now. My glue doesen't seem to work well at all, it doesen't dry very fast, it doesent glue very well, and it all just ends up falling apart. What should I use to glue it together?

Sorry to bother you again, but I think i'm getting what my problem is now. My glue doesen't seem to work well at all, it doesen't dry very fast, it doesent glue very well, and it all just ends up falling apart. What should I use to glue it together?

Use a low-temp hot glue gun. This way if you have to take apart a piece (which I do often to realign) all you have to do is heat it up again carefully with the glue gun nozzle. I went to Wal-Mart and got a good one for cheap and it has both High and Low Temperature settings. Here's a link to the one I bought http://www.walmart.com/ip/Ad-tech-2-Temp-Full-Size-Cordless-Glue-Gun/17404363 This glue gun has a small metal nozzle that makes reheating small pieces easy. Hope this helps.

I personally like PVA craft glue, but Hot Glue Gun is a tried, tested, and true method for pep, especially if you find you mess up a lot. As has been mentioned, it's great for undoing mess-ups.

I found this really cheap super glue at walmart for .89 which includes 4 tubes of glue. The package is yellow and the tubes themselves are black. They only keep them in the hardware and paints section that I have noticed. I will add a picture if I can.....I mostly just put one small drop on each tab of the pepakura and glue them one by one. Plus its super glue so it dries in seconds (which I think also makes the pepakura step stronger and hold together better). Just be careful of the warning label and try not to get it on your fingers or anywhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back