"Help!" for: Papercraft or Pepakura

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. how do i keep my cardstock piece stiff before i resin it?

I've learned that using hot glue to put your piece together helps to keep it's form quite a bit. If it's still not perfect, use something to keep it's form while drying example:
For my chest piece, i used an old hanger and put foam around the same diameter as my shoulders, and for the thigh piece, i used a log and taped part of it together for the first coat.

im back. i have a m319 file that not folded and its giving me trouble.is there anyone up for the challange ill email the file?

Ok I have read many of the posts, but when scaling your armor from what angle are you scaling it from. The front? The default view?

hey im new to all this and im having trouble finding everthing. if you could help me find the designs for the halo reach police helmet, the recon helmet amd the rest of the body armour,that would b awsome.

hey im new to all this and im having trouble finding everthing. if you could help me find the designs for the halo reach police helmet, the recon helmet amd the rest of the body armour,that would b awsome.
Use the search bar near the top of this page and use an appropriate word or phrase related to what your searching. For example, if you're looking for a recon helmet, type in "recon helmet", etc. You're going to need to do a little bit of digging afterwards but they can be found.

If i understand you correctly... your pep is rather flimsy. 1st you my want to be sure you used no less than 110lb card stock (not regular printer paper). If you dont want to re-do the whole thing I might suggest stuffing the inside portioin of it with crumpled up plastic grocery bags or some equivalent to help it keep form. Good luck !

So im just starting out with making my pep and i was wondering what is the best way to do the tiny folds on helmets?

thanks to your help i was able to find the designs i needed. but when i was searching for the halo reach police helmet i could not find anything. but i noticed that others were lookeing for that helmet design too. if you could find and post a link that would be great.

@jonboy90
I used a ruler and a pen to draw over it. (remember wich way they fold, dont forget like I did) and it makes is a little easier to fold.

hope it helps.

@jonboy90
I used a ruler and a pen to draw over it. (remember wich way they fold, dont forget like I did) and it makes is a little easier to fold.

Use different colours for valleys and mountains and there's no way you can forget :)

would it be okay to use 65lb cardstock for armor? or would it warp too much?
or should i just get 110lb cardstock?

I dont see how the 65 lb wouldnt work. its not as structurable as the 110lb, but wouldnt you only have to spend a little more time in the bondo stage?

I dont see how the 65 lb wouldnt work. its not as structurable as the 110lb, but wouldnt you only have to spend a little more time in the bondo stage?

Light paper won't just get little dents here and there that you can fill with putty. The whole model is likely to warp and fixing that with Bondo would take longer than just starting over with heavier paper.

Hi. Shock\Trooper-2148 here! I understand that I'm a noob and all, but where do I get the pepakura files to begin the build? Please understand this is my first time on a forum and I don't know how does a forum work exactly. I can someone direct me somewhere please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back