"Help!" for: Papercraft or Pepakura

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time to be a complete Noob and start the learning process! I've heard of people making parts, IE: their thighs out of foam, what sort of foam do you use, and where can I find it? I'm Canadian also if this means anything to particular hardware stores. And on this note of foam, are there any tutorials around so that I can check out how to build with it? Many thanks : D

I still can't get the lines to show up, no matter what I do, Just a whole whack of numbers that are too small to read...

I am planning on making T45d armor from fallout, so I downloaded a pep file for it, and I have one question. Is it supposed to scare me with all of its random lines or did I do something wrong?

I still can't get the lines to show up, no matter what I do, Just a whole whack of numbers that are too small to read...

First, try printing one page at a time. For some reason, this solves a lot of problems with Pepakura. If the program starts printing
all black pages, or just the edge ID's (the numbers) here are the printer settings that solved that problem for me:

Under "Settings" click "Print and Paper Settings"
Leave the default the way it's been working for you, but select:
"Print Lines Smoothly (Bitmap print)"; and
"Transparency" to 0%.
If that's the way you already have it, try the opposite, then close and restart the program.

Basic noob question, I have two pep files in my possession that are not cut. How do I do this and do it the right way so I don't ruin the armor?

Cut meaning make them fitted on one page rather than over 3 or 4 different ones. Also with one of the pep's when I load it, it said # of objects eliminated. Should I be worried?

Basic noob question, I have two pep files in my possession that are not cut. How do I do this and do it the right way so I don't ruin the armor?

Cut meaning make them fitted on one page rather than over 3 or 4 different ones.
Move the cursor over the piece in question, right-button click and select Join/Disjoin Face. Move the cursor until a green line appears. Click and you will see the piece split into two. Then move the pieces as you please.

Also with one of the pep's when I load it, it said # of objects eliminated. Should I be worried?
No.

Well I just finished making the chest and sword (which unfolded perfectly) but I'm confused on what to do about this helmet.
It looks like only half of the mask was completed (aside from the eyes). If it helps I just need to duplicate and mirror the one side to the other.

Also it's not splitting up properly to fit onto normal sheets of letter paper. Is there a way I can get the parts to unfold more to fit better? Thanks in advance!
51ep3.png

Well I just finished making the chest and sword (which unfolded perfectly) but I'm confused on what to do about this helmet.
It looks like only half of the mask was completed (aside from the eyes). If it helps I just need to duplicate and mirror the one side to the other.

Also it's not splitting up properly to fit onto normal sheets of letter paper. Is there a way I can get the parts to unfold more to fit better? Thanks in advance!

Go through and split it up manually.

You have two choices:

1. Print the parts on the multiple pages. Then tape or glue the piece(s) back together once you cut it out; or
2. Use Pepakura's "Join/Disjoin" faces function to spit the part(s) into smaller pieces (available in the 2D Menu - edit mode).

How do i set the designer to scale the armour to fit me? do i put in measurements?

All you can do is put in one dimension, the others will be recalculated based on that. Which dimension to choose and what value you need is something you have to determine outside the program, preferably with a ruler.

Remember to do some researching before asking questions. This one was fairly common.
Here's a reading list: http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/30542-NOOB-reading-list

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back