"Help!" for: Papercraft or Pepakura

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in great need of help with scaling. I'm familiar and have had past experience with pepping and can cover the entire process except for the scaling (I had someone else do it for me and no longer have use of their service). I'm also using the 405th pep pack and I'm built like a tank so the individual scaling of pieces is driving me up the wall.

Main problem I'm having right now is for the EVA helmet and the HD H3 torso. I scaled out the helmet to a 277 mm width and it printed out to be 250 mm (its not the printer because I do have the appropriate printer settings and was considering just printing the helmet to a 300 mm width).

Any and all help is greatly appreciated, I've been trying to just use the stickies and videos, but I need actual one on one help now

Why is that seriously not a sticky?...
Anyway, thanks hellome, I'll be back on this thread if any other problems occur, but otherwise you guys should see my armor at SDCC

where am i supposed to place the password for pepekura? i am currently working on a tar 21 model and i wanted to save my progress. it says i need to input a password first

never mind... i found one and figured it out

Hello again everybody,
could somebody that knows please tell me how to set colours onto the actual pepfile that going to be printed for valleys and mountains like Longshot-x did. I think i have a vague idea but i want to make sure

Thanks in advance

could somebody that knows please tell me how to set colours onto the actual pepfile that going to be printed for valleys and mountains like Longshot-x did. I think i have a vague idea but i want to make sure

Not sure what you're asking exactly, I'm assuming that you're asking how to change the colour of fold lines. To do that, click the little icon with the three coloured pencils, select whatever line types, colour and whatnot you want and then drag the paintbrush cursor diagonally across all pages (or all the pieces that you want to change at least). The lines that will be affected are going to light up while you do this.

img00012088.jpg

img00012093.jpg

ok sorry if i was vague but this i what i mean, see how the lines are visible on his pepped parts thats what i want

IIRC, Longshot used two pens for scoring the lines, which also had the effect of producing the colors. A different pen for both kinds of lines, so that you can remember which line is which. A straight edge like a ruler or edge drawing tool used for architecture is helpful too(I use a large triangular plate with a handle that my dad used when he was in the poster-printing business), as it allows you to do much longer straight lines than by hand alone.

Yep, when the lines are this prominent, they're usually made by pens. Colouring them in the program has the same basic effect though, just not as noticeable with the default line thickness.

thanks for the help and I...uh...commend longshot on his patience with the way he scored his lines i usually use the blunt edge of my exacto knife

I am trying to make cog armor. So this being my first pepakura project i started with the shoulder pads but when i got it glued together it has a weird curve and there is a place where moutain fold is but it dont line up right. ANy one out there made this please help!

I am trying to make cog armor. So this being my first pepakura project i started with the shoulder pads but when i got it glued together it has a weird curve and there is a place where moutain fold is but it dont line up right. ANy one out there made this please help!

Please take a picture of it.
Never built it, but most likely the problem is caused by a mistake you are making or made earlier.

Hi i'm a noob can someone please explain what a moutian fold and a valley fold are.

In the Pepakura forum, which is a subforum of the creation discussion forum, there are several stickies about Pepakura that explain this. Short version: Valley folds go up so the paper forms a valley and mountain folds go down so the paper forms a mountain.

Please take a picture of it.
Never built it, but most likely the problem is caused by a mistake you are making or made earlier.

In the Pepakura forum, which is a subforum of the creation discussion forum, there are several stickies about Pepakura that explain this. Short version: Valley folds go up so the paper forms a valley and mountain folds go down so the paper forms a mountain.

I think you got that bass akward. Hills go up and valleys go down.

I guess it all depends on how you look at it. The way it was stated in your post sounds like a contradiction. Hills Go Up Valleys go down in nature and every other aplication, However your illustration helps to properly convey your perspective.

No I don't. The fold line of a valley fold would be the bottom of that valley, but to make such a fold without turning the page around, you have to fold part of it up.

Here, let me illustrate:

ValleyFold.jpg

Would it be very difficult for a mac user to use sketchup unfold tool to make pepakura?

Would it be easier to get a pc-person export a high-def image file of the unfolds or a PDF of the printout?

Heya, I'm new to posting here, but been browsing for a few months now and I've got a question I haven't yet seen answered. I've had a recurring issue with many of the pieces I try to pep out. I'm just a tad over 6'1, and only about 150. So pretty skinny, and as a result any time I try and scale pieces for my height they end up coming out waaaay too wide. I'm working on a shin atm that I modified in certain areas, cutting out segments and gluing it back together but it's not really coming out as well as I'd like. I've begun fiberglassing and sanding it, just as a "first pancake" type thing to learn the skillset, but it's looking like I should remake it due to a multitude of errors & warping. I'm more than happy to redo it, but I would like to get the scaling dialed in for it before I pep a new one though. I've done the scaling formulas, but like I said, it all comes out just way too wide/deep. Has anyone else ran into a problem like this, and know a solution? If need be I'll try and learn 3D modelling and make one that's got the right proportions for me, but if there's an easier way I'd prefer it.

~Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back