"Help!" for: Papercraft or Pepakura

Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry let me rephrase my question what are the slices made out of? ie:foam,paper,etc.

Whatever material you like. It's about getting the right shape, not about getting the right material. They're probably going to be too thick for paper though and you'll want to use something you can sand or otherwise deform afterwards, because the slices are usually pretty rough.

Whatever material you like. It's about getting the right shape, not about getting the right material. They're probably going to be too thick for paper though and you'll want to use something you can sand or otherwise deform afterwards, because the slices are usually pretty rough.

ok thanks foor your help

when doing a pepakura for a e3 clonetrooper helmet is it viable to use like inkjet-paper (glossy photo paper) instead of 110lb cardstock paper? & will the inkjet paper be able to withhold the fiberglass resin?

when doing a pepakura for a e3 clonetrooper helmet is it viable to use like inkjet-paper (glossy photo paper) instead of 110lb cardstock paper? & will the inkjet paper be able to withhold the fiberglass resin?

Normal printer paper (60...100 g/m²) will definitely not work for a model this size. I've never tried photo paper - give it a try yourself if you absolutely want to use it, but considering that you'll spend a few hours pepping, I'd stick with cardstock just to be safe.

Also, please don't ask questions multiple times in separate places.

This is a very noobish question, but does everybody pay for the Pepakura designer 3 software or does everybody just use the free version that doesnt export?

Hey guys, another question. I have been looking around but I cannot find the FJ/PARAFOIL Chest (I am pretty sure thats the name of it). Does anyone know were I can find this file? (If not then I think its pretty simple to make with cardboard and a separate knife).

A question here for yall. I'm making the chest Mark VI chest piece and i know the head hole is too narrow alrdy but then the other pieces appear to be a bit small too... I have a good chunk of the from of the chest made including the two main breast covers, the center piece hold them together and the front half of the head hole. I was wondering how big that chunk should be in reference to my body? To the edge of my torso? Past the edges? Just a rough guess. I still need to pep the rest but it is a HD pep and I dont want to finish it realizing its too small and do another hd chest. I appreciate the assistance!

A question here for yall. I'm making the chest Mark VI chest piece and i know the head hole is too narrow alrdy but then the other pieces appear to be a bit small too... I have a good chunk of the from of the chest made including the two main breast covers, the center piece hold them together and the front half of the head hole. I was wondering how big that chunk should be in reference to my body? To the edge of my torso? Past the edges? Just a rough guess. I still need to pep the rest but it is a HD pep and I dont want to finish it realizing its too small and do another hd chest. I appreciate the assistance!

It's a neck hole, not a head hole. Other than that, your question is hard to answer without seeing the thing.

It's a neck hole, not a head hole. Other than that, your question is hard to answer without seeing the thing.

I understand that concept lol and the fact I will need to find a way to either hinge it or buckle it together but just didn't know from past experiences if anyone ever started a chest piece with the fear of it being to small and it turning out to fit nicely instead like me (welll I don't know if it fits yet but I'm getting there!)

I understand that concept lol and the fact I will need to find a way to either hinge it or buckle it together but just didn't know from past experiences if anyone ever started a chest piece with the fear of it being to small and it turning out to fit nicely instead like me (welll I don't know if it fits yet but I'm getting there!)

I started mine with the fear of it being too small, but in the end it turned out too big instead :)

Looking for warhammer 40k pep files as many as possible. I know there is a thread with one member Nintendude who had quite a few files but are lost to 4 shared. Want to start building my power armoured chaos champion costume if anyone has or knows where to obtain these files please P.M. myself this is for personal use and will not be redistributed :)

Files id be looking for: Feet Chaos terminator lord helmet/ and hands

Hey a couple of Noob questions haha, i mean i bet they are somewhere but i don't know where lol. i little background, i have yet to start anything or even print a single pepakura sheet, right now it's all in the planning stages but...
1.How do i know in pepakura whether i am folding a valley or a mountain, will it tell me somewhere when i print it?
2.How do i know what fold's glue to what other fold's? Again, will it tell me somewhere when i print it?
3.Lastly, Where do i find the Dimensions and how do i put mine in?
Any reply's a GREATLY appreciated, and if there is already a place explaining any of these please link Por Favor, :D tyvm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back