HI! i decided to make armor too, heres some teasers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

2nekos

Jr Member
Hey! im new to the 405th, and must say, i am working on my own master chief armor, im going to post some images about my progress, now i am on test / practice phase, so my first helmet was not done on cadrstock, i printed it on bond paper, and in a smaller format than A4. heres a picture.

hal_ohelmet_teaser_by_2nekos-d33ohaf.jpg

as you can see is like 80% finished, and i must say im very happy, it fits! i guess 3 years studying graphic design makes me kinda skilled knowing the paper formats.

halo_helmet_teaser2_by_2nekos-d33ohjp.jpg

heres another picture.

tell me your opinion, im here to learn!

Attachments

• hal_ohelmet_teaser_by_2nekos-d33ohaf.jpg
    hal_ohelmet_teaser_by_2nekos-d33ohaf.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 263
  • halo_helmet_teaser2_by_2nekos-d33ohjp.jpg
    halo_helmet_teaser2_by_2nekos-d33ohjp.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 239
Somethings not right, it looks off. Maybe becuase its not finished. It looks warped probably because you didn't use cardstock. As a test its fine but the final model you need to use cardstock. But other wise it looks fine. One more thing i want to point to is the size. It does fit you for now but not when you finish. You want to have a 1/2in to a full inch of extra space to the height. Once you close the neck seal you wont be able to talk, your mouth we be stuck close or go blow the helmet and look weird. The extra room also give you space for padding and electronics. Good luck and dont be afraid to ask questions. Cheers

Yeah like the others said it looks a bit off, but it's great for your test build. But you'll want to increase the height of the model a bit. If it's that close to your chin, there'll be problems later on. Otherwise it's a great start.

yeah, thats why i said im just testing, just to practice folding and gluing, to get familiar with the helmet so i dont screw up when i build the final version, thanks!

thank you for your reply!, dont worry ill use cardstock when i build the final one, also ill print it bigger, do you think A4 is the best size for me?

oh ill post more images so you can tell me more about the correct size, you guys are really nice! thanks!

halo_helmet_teaser_3_by_2nekos-d33owsr.jpg

i think it looks kinda small doesnt it?
but im proud that i could at least do this one, it gives me practice for the future.

Attachments

• halo_helmet_teaser_3_by_2nekos-d33owsr.jpg
    halo_helmet_teaser_3_by_2nekos-d33owsr.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 256
I agree with Agent Arizona about the size. I thought I had my helm fit and then after I glassed it, it wouldn't fit until I took a chunk of it back out. Make sure you size it bigger. It's better to add padding to make it fit than to have to scrap all that effort and start over. Looking good in the pep department though. Just make sure to use cardstock when you build the real one. Looking forward to seeing another spartan enter the ranks.

haha sorry about hounding you about the paper thing, like ten people or so people said cardstock :/ sorry about the warm welcome. Can't wait to see how your suit comes out.

haha, i was actually thanking about the welcome not complaining, i mean, ive been for 6 years on deviant art, and ive never had socu a quick response on my posts, so the change did goo for me.

hey! im still in pep stage, BUT i rescaled the helmet patterns and i got a better result, i present you the new helmet and some foamie attachments.
this time i made the helmet on cardstock.
i also got a cheap visor at my neighborhood bazar. only $5! (50 pesos lol)
here are some pics.
halo_helmet_teaser_4_by_2nekos-d33z4bq.jpg

saving money for the next step: RESIN

Attachments

• halo_helmet_teaser_4_by_2nekos-d33z4bq.jpg
    halo_helmet_teaser_4_by_2nekos-d33z4bq.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 252
thanks! yeah i think im going to mirror it, considering the cost, a friendo from college knows how to mirror carwindows and he said hell do it for free, i just have to pay the materials

How does he do that?

I was just about to suggest window tint. Most likely that is how his friend will do it.

Also, welcome to the site, and your work is pretty good. I also did my first pep job out of regular paper, and had the same result, then I decided that it was only worth it to use card stock. Keep up the good work.

Wow nice work on the second pep, looks great.

Do you have plans for a full suit or are you just working on a helmet at this stage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back