HOD Chicago 405th Dinner 2019

Where should we eat Saturday evening after the costume contest?

• Adobe Gilas | great Mexican food

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dave and Busters

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the enthusiasm Sean Anwalt, but that sounds like it'd be more work than it's worth to be honest. I will keep that idea in the pocket though for another situation :). The dinner is supposed to be less of a promotional effort, and more of us just hanging out.

I have only cosplayed a handful of times and only gone to 1 event, so I was wondering if other people would be interested in suiting up for it, but, they weren't.

I'm interested, if a place has been decided upon.

From experience, I personally would advise -against- wearing armor to a restaurant for pure logistical reasons. It's just easier, plus some of you may have been wearing your gear all day and that can get tiring.

When we've done group dinner\lunch at DragonCon, 99% of folks just wear regular clothes, though some will bring their helmet for fun.

Of course, YMMV.

But yes please, let's try to get a meetup gathered! I only get to see some of you once every 2 years!

I'm interested, if a place has been decided upon.
We're collecting suggestions until this weekend, at which point I'll open up a vote on this thread with the suggestions. The plan is to meet up Saturday after the costume contest.

As I read through the thread, a thought occurs. If people are gonna want pictures with the costume at dinner, and you want to bring a costume, why not construct a rudimentary, cheap armor stand and sit the armor right next to you against a wall, which will prevent people tampering to much with it, you can keep an eye on it, and it's a great way to advertise the 405th.

Placement of the dummy, with permission of the owners, is the part you'll need to worry about. A corner next to your booth would be perfect, but wherever it is, somewhere EASY to see all the time is important so you don't have to spend all night being paranoid about it. Also, if they let you do something like that, as a group asking for free advertising space, if the place lets you, be sure to tip big.

And I guess there's transporting the stand, too. But if you made it out of PVC pipe that takes apart into small pieces you should be fine.
Well I am totally fine to be anyone cosplay assistant.
I am happy to help!

Ganbatteee! がんばって!

It's not much, but it's honest work.
Screenshot_9.png

Screenshot_8.png

I forgot I was flying back home on Sunday... but the poll is finally up! Vote for where you want to eat!

I may go as well, how do I sign up for the contest? Yes I'm a little late on that lol.
Hopefully we keep connected about were you all may be going...love to hang, with the husband as well.

There is a link off of the Halo Outpost Dsicovery Website to sign up for the costume contest, but You will also be able to sign up for the Costume Contest on site on Saturday.

I may go as well, how do I sign up for the contest? Yes I'm a little late on that lol.
Hopefully we keep connected about were you all may be going...love to hang, with the husband as well.

Has anyone mentioned that Dave & Buster's is a sponsor for HOD? I'm not sure if that means anything, and I already voted so...

Who is going to drive me back to my hotel after I get O B L I T E R A T E D?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back