HOD Chicago 405th Dinner 2019

Where should we eat Saturday evening after the costume contest?

• Adobe Gilas | great Mexican food

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dave and Busters

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
When we have a date next year we can take options for locations and open up the voting earlier. Not everyone who went voted/ contributed to the discussion, so the options were limited.

When we have a date next year we can take options for locations and open up the voting earlier. Not everyone who went voted/ contributed to the discussion, so the options were limited.
Look, I'm just saying that if we're looking to have a dinner party we go to a place were food is the priority. If people want to drink during/after words then that's not my concern, but I didn't like waiting 1:30h for a bowl of soup...

It would be nice to actually hear people.
Don't get me wrong. The place was fun but I can't stand not being able to hear anybody.

I wouldn't say the food was great, but it definitely wasn't bad. Not many options though. I really enjoyed the place as a whole though. but at the end of the day I feel like having a fun place to get together is more important than the food itself.

Food isn't the priority though, meeting up with people and having fun is. Food is something that we do on a daily basis. If it was at a place that's more restaurant oriented then we could have easily been split up into booths or just ended up at kind of a lame place to get together.

Food isn't the priority though, meeting up with people and having fun is. Food is something that we do on a daily basis. If it was at a place that's more restaurant oriented then we could have easily been split up into booths or just ended up at kind of a lame place to get together.
True, but most people came to eat after a long day at the convention. Some restaurants can be boring, but the right ones will do everything to make a big party happy

Hey, either way y'all had fun. I'm just gonna opt out if we go to HB again (when it comes to The Dinner)

I hate to be a party pooper, but can we pick a place that actually serves edible food next year?
Hello, Cheyenne, a couple of quick points.
First, we don't even know for sure if they will be doing Halo Outpost Discovery Events in the future, and if they do, we don't know if they will be in the same cities, or new cities.

While I am sorry you did not like the food at Hofbrauhaus, I do feel it is slightly disingenuous to call it "inedible" as their food has won a lot of awards, been featured on shows on the Food Network and Travel Channel, and amongst the German-America and Bavarian-American Communities is consistently rated as some of the best and most authentic.

I will note, and take responsibility for the issues with the bill and check splitting, I have never encountered that at any other Hofbrau location I have been too, and if our members find themselves looking for a spot for a group dinner near the Stephens Convention Center in the future they might not pick this location again. But as Matthew has noted, the choice was made by poll here. Perhaps in the future our members would not pick this location again, but we honored and went with the location with the most votes that was the most convenient for all of those members attending, not just Chicago locals, but those who might not have had a car with them, or where staying at a hotel by the convention center itself..

Loved Hofbrahaus! The beer was great, the food was awesome, and I had a hell of a time partying with you guys. The checks were a bit fucked but honestly, it happens.
I was a bit leery about the whole affair, but honestly this time cemented it, I am 100% glad I’m a 405th member now. I hope and pray there is another HOD Chicago next year and I vote we have another dinner just like this one!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back