How did you find us?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been wanting to build spartan armor for some time since my boys and I had started playing Halo, but the whole project was pretty intimidating and I had no idea where to start. We recently went to RTX and the spartans there directed me here. They were a great bunch. ^^

when i first started listening to daft punk 5 years ago and was interested in making a daft punk helmet. i found the pep file on here. i few years passed and i got a few more pep models of of here. i just recently decided to join tho. wish i had done it sooner

guess ill post.

been doind 501st armor for 12 years. got tired of the nitpickyness. retired a few years ago. have credits doing armor, and wanted somethin different. a friend of mine did one of the first sets of halo armor i ever saw at dragon con 2002. always liked it but was never into halo. played REACH and really liked teh storyline. but the thing i love most is basically pick and choose what you want to wear. ive got a running spartan build mostly pre-reach and then i think id like to do an ODST build after i complete this.

i must say you guys are fantastic and i love how no matter how someones building their gear and the resources they may or may not have nobody gives negative critiques. some other groups i was involved with it got way too demanding and took the fun out of it.

looking foward to posting my gear.

guess ill post.

been doind 501st armor for 12 years. got tired of the nitpickyness. retired a few years ago. have credits doing armor, and wanted somethin different. a friend of mine did one of the first sets of halo armor i ever saw at dragon con 2002. always liked it but was never into halo. played REACH and really liked teh storyline. but the thing i love most is basically pick and choose what you want to wear. ive got a running spartan build mostly pre-reach and then i think id like to do an ODST build after i complete this.

i must say you guys are fantastic and i love how no matter how someones building their gear and the resources they may or may not have nobody gives negative critiques. some other groups i was involved with it got way too demanding and took the fun out of it.

looking foward to posting my gear.

Hey man! Glad I see you here! I met lots of people from the 501st at RTX and they seemed to be a great bunch of guys! I'm sort of new here myself and can't wait to see some work coming from a veteran like yourself :D

I was stumbling around looking at cos-play tutorials and supplies and stumbled onto this site.

I still play halo, halo 2,halo 3. Have not gotten the others as yet but I will.

I am probably going to start with some type of ODST armor first.

I have been reading stickies for days now and want to say thank you for the incredible wealth of information and knowledge that everyone has shared here.
This should make my 1st armor build go somewhat smoother.

Thank You

I decided I wanted to make a reach costume, so I went derping on the interwebs trying to find some references, and I happened across this fine website. Only got an account recently, but I've been browsing for a while.

what brought me to this site was that after becoming a fan of a few prop group off of facebook(including stony props, impact props, Worlds tallest Spartan, armory props, etc) i finally realized that i wanna take my tear and try and join them with their builds. Sense i already loved the halo franchise and most of them did props dealing with halo i found it to be the right choice and try and check out this wonderful site, and so far im very happy to have found such a site like this. I love how helpful everyone is on here. I'm very proud to call myself a 405th member. great work everyone!

I've been lurking off and on for years, I started a pep at one point but didint stick with it. Then I ordered a Stony props cast and it ended up just sitting on my dresser for quite a while until finally I got my resolve to finish it :p. Originally I had seen a picture of a Very nice red mark VI suit when I googled Halo cosplay, and then I likely saw the 405th mentioned on the RPF and started doing research.

Pretty much searched for ODST armor, and then I found this. I knew there had to be something like this site, because I knew of thedentedhelmet.com, and thought that there must be something like that for Halo costuming.

Pretty much the same as you Mastur_Grunt, only I think I found this site years ago, but I was too young to seriously contemplate making a suit, now I'm a little more skilled, and I've done my reading, I made an account, and I'm now waiting for funding to start creating my ODST suit.

^Ditto
but when I googled the page it was when the site was down and then I went to the Maker Faire and saw the stormtroppers and I got re inspired WOO

i heard about the 405th from indy mogul on youtube because i had heard (i don't remember how) that it was possible to make homemade halo suits so i searched for a tutorial on youtube.

I actually saw a dragon mask from Skyrim tutorial, and it linked this place as one of the places to learn how to pepakura. It all started then, about a month ago. Hadn't heard of it before that.

I can't remember where I first heard of the 405th, I think I may have just been looking at pictures of Armour builds cause I was kinda thinking about making some at the time.

More recently I started looking for templates for Spartan armour as I'm looking to build my Reach armour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back